EasyTAG 2.1 audio file tagger - Latest Stable Version

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
disciple

EasyTAG 2.1 audio file tagger - Latest Stable Version

#1 Post by disciple »

The greatest tagger on earth :)
This version is very good and should work on any Puppy version you are likely to still be running.

Sorry to the people that don't want this, but it requires libmp4v2 (a minor monstrosity, seeing as it is bigger than easytag itself), as I know some people will be using those horrible ipod .m4a files :)

You might also need to get id3lib - I'm not sure if all Puppies come with this. I can upload it if you want, but I imagine you can find it on the forum somewhere or in the repository.

Some people won't have a new enough libFLAC. I found that I could link libFLAC.so.8 to an older version, and it would run, although I have no idea what the effect would be on flac tagging :) If you need to, you can probably just install FLAC from a later Puppy.

I compiled it without support for wavpack or something, because I was too lazy :)

I didn't include the docs, as I don't know of a quick way of packaging something after compiling it, and easytag is so easy to use that I couldn't be bothered. I did include both icons, so you now have a choice of two good icons instead of one bad one.

Be warned - (development) versions after this switch to libid3tag, and can't read embedded images (album covers) in id3v2.2 tags. If you save a file like that in later versions, nothing can see the image, but it is still there taking up space!
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER