Puppy upgrade without CD Rom working?

Booting, installing, newbie
rimfirehunter

Puppy upgrade without CD Rom working?

#1 Post by rimfirehunter »

yep, I installed with option 2 so all the installed files are uncompressed on the HD just like any other Linux distro. My Puppy has plenty of room on his 5gb partition.

Any suggestions?

rimfirehunter

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Re: Puppy upgrade without CD Rom working?

#2 Post by Lobster »

I suggest you facilitate and organise one of these whilst you tell us a little more about your CD make and situation? - usually just means turning up on IRC for an hour of your choice

* Ban the Peach (Host Thoughtjourney)
* Newby Natter (Host Alucard_the_dex)
* Voicemail extravaganza - sending voicemail, pawedcasting, Radio Puppy (Host Klh)
* Cat herding for Puppys (development interchange)
* New Puppy Ideas
* Leash your Puppy - Heel and security for Puppys (Host Alucard_the_dex)
* Tutorials - add a topic
* Puppy Graphics
* HTML and web design for Puppy
* Puppy programming
* Bow Wow - How to speak Puppy
* Linux
* Migrating from Windows
* Puppy documentation (Host Ian Mul)

http://www.goosee.com/puppy/wikka/PuppyPromotion
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

rimfirehunter

#3 Post by rimfirehunter »

Must have made a mistake because this was supposed to be a reply to my orginal post under the same topic.

Anyway, my cd rom capabilities died on my motherboard while I was installing some programs on my Win ME partition. I have a partition set up with Puppy 1.0.2 installed to HD and would like to know if there is a way to upgrade to 1.0.5 wihtout the CD Rom drive working?

Basically what I have now is a non-working ME partition, a working Puppy and a very old version of Vector Linux on another partition.

Any suggestion on how to upgrade a hardrive installed Puppy without a working CD Rom?

rimfirehunter