GIZMO-PROJECT and its Dependencies

News, happenings
mcewanw

slow connection

#16 Post by mcewanw »

The stdlibc++6 one is half way there now. The connection speed is slower than even normal for some reason... tra la la la la. It will be there in 25 minutes time though... :-)

I believe I could cut the dotpet size down even further by around 1.5 MBytes by removing what seems like junk, and by cutting down on the number of music clips available for when the phone is on "hold". But, that kind of clipping is best left to a later date once the app itself is better tested I feel.

mcewanw

combined gizmo with orbit and gconf now available

#17 Post by mcewanw »

I was busy reading a good book so don't know when it actually finished uploading, but the stdlibc++6 gizmo including Gconf and orbit is now uploaded and available for testing from:

http://www.puppylinux.ca/tpp/foksyfeyer ... bit-gconf/

So feel free to download it (an md5sum is provided there too). The libstdc++6 is the main one for Puppy 4.00 and also for Puppy 2.17.1

Back to my book now. The stdlibc++5 version, for some other Puppies should be slowly making its way up to puppylinux.ca even as I get back to the reading.

P.S. I'll upload a quick readme file later, but of course there is nothing much to explain except that the user should uninstall any existing gizmo (and orbit and Gconf) before installing this combined one with petget. And no need now to also install Gconf and orbit dotpets since these libraries are in this new gizmo dotpet, as desired by some.

Done. Both new gizmo dotpets now uploaded.