need "libxcb-xlib.so.0" ?

Using applications, configuring, problems
jesusfreak107

need "libxcb-xlib.so.0" ?

#1 Post by jesusfreak107 »

I am trying to install XFCE on Puppy 4, because I like the interface better. I downloaded the xfce4 .pup package, and installed it. however, I am apparently missing a file, and I cannot find the solution with Google. The error can be seen on the screenshot below. The terminal is when I tried to run it, and the other window is immediately after installation. And, yes, i rebooted. this is the second time I installed it. I am about to reboot again, but I do not expect it to work.

Any help?
Attachments
errorscreenie.png
(112.42 KiB) Downloaded 933 times

JB4x4

#2 Post by JB4x4 »

Looks like you tried to install the package made for Puppy 3.X.

Try the one listed here:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 74&t=27974

JB

jesusfreak107

#3 Post by jesusfreak107 »

Okay, you were right. it installed correctly, I put the .sfs in the correct place, and I restarted the computer. When I restarted the computer, it automatically booted into JWM. So, I exited to prompt, and said "xwin xfce4-session." It tried to load, but then put me into a black screen, with only my mouse. To figure out the error, I switched back into JWM, and ran the command from a terminal. Same thing happened, except it put me into JWM. I opened Thunderbird, to open the E-mail for your reply, so I could write this, and the look had slightly changed, even though I had not installed any theme. What I think happened, is it has semi-loaded XFCE, but has not loaded the taskbar or desktop. Any help?

Also, does anyone know of a Terminal emulator where I can copy/paste, for Puppy, I am using RXVT, but I cannot copy the error message, and post it on here.

I have included a screenshot of XFCE loading. as soon as it finishes that, I get a black screen, with only my mouse.
Attachments
xfce4-almost.jpg
(9.43 KiB) Downloaded 846 times

paulski

Found the library

#4 Post by paulski »

Try this file sitting on another post in the forum
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... a301331a53