vnc-4.0-unixsrc.pup (disregard the "src" it's been

Stuff that has yet to be sorted into a category.
Johnny Reb

vnc-4.0-unixsrc.pup (disregard the "src" it's been

#1 Post by Johnny Reb »

Here's a dotpup for vnc 4.0. It works fine with one exception. The vncserver does not function because of an issue with the Xserver, which is beyond my ability to fix. There is a patch included so that someone who is better able than I may be able to apply and get it working. There is a workable vncserver included "x0vncserver" that is less capable than the regular vncserver, but it does work. There is also a java vncviewer that works real well. I've not used the tight vnc that everyone else is using, and don't know it's capabilities, but I have used vnc 4.0 with windows a lot, and it works real well. It's especially useful if you are working with windows computers on a network because it's got the ability to send ctl+alt+delete to a windows computer which gives you the ability to reboot a windows computer remotly and log back in when it comes back up. You can get vnc 4.0 here: http://www.ihud.com/file.php?file=11295 ... nixsrc.pup

PS: Ignore the "src" in the file name. I forgot to rename the folder before making the dotpup. Also, install by ./vncinstall and specify the directory (it must exist before you install, it won't create the directory). If I remember correctly it defaults to /usr/local/bin but if you want it all in it's own directory you can create a vnc4.0 folder and it will install everything in that one folder. I would have made the dotpup with just the contents of the vnc4.0 directory on my computer but then the patch for the xserver would not have been included.
He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
~ Thomas Paine