Firefox 3.6, 3.5.6 and Firefox 2.0.0.20 and Firefox 1.5.0.12

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
mulluysavage

#181 Post by mulluysavage »

Okay so it does auto-hide the address bar, after I hit f11 and it goes into full-screen. Now I notice that when I restore, I am able to alt- click and drag the window down, and there's the top of the window like I wanted. So it seems to be that FF is just opening up the window on launch with a size that is bigger than my screen. Though it doesn't explain the always-on-top behavior, nor why it seems to have gone away, or the fact that when I alt-clicked before, I was able to move the window around and did not see the frame. Oh well, solved for now.

Is there any way to specify the window size on launch?

Makoto

#182 Post by Makoto »

I don't think there is a way to specify the window size on launch, but I could be wrong.

In theory, the window should remember its position, size, etc. after you close it, though I'm not sure how to 'force' it to remember. :( Sometimes, it seems to work for me, with some windows, other times, it doesn't. Firefox is usually decent about it (although I wonder if you'd need to try closing it through File > Quit)... of course, there are times when it doesn't. :|
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

firak

Faster plugin

#183 Post by firak »

this 2 pluggin of ff 3.6 make for me the best opimiziation of firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... lickclean/
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ressively/

michel804

firefox self-update

#184 Post by michel804 »

hello guys,
I hope I am posting this question in the right place since there a lot of people with experience with firefox.
I did a frugal install of Lighthouse Puppy 5.03G and included an sfs of firefox 3.6.13
As i was using firefox a pop-up message came to upgrade firefox to version 12 at the time. So i did the upgrade suggested by firefox. Sure enough when i restarted it looked different and the version info showed that it was version 12, however it was not working smoothly. It crashed too often...so i made a new personal storage file since i didn't know how to undo the update.
But i would like to know where the new files go in the case of a frugal install, I know it is somewhere in my personal storage file.
And is it possible to undo that upgrade without deleting the personal storage file ?
thanks for your explanation.

Michel

Semme

#185 Post by Semme »

Hi Michel, is this the option you went with and the one you'd like to undo?

Is your savefile large enough for an install?

The crashes happen cause the jump's too big..

Have you tried any of the more recent Pups?
Attachments
move_and_link-1.jpg
(57.21 KiB) Downloaded 606 times