Posted: Sat 05 Jul 2008, 00:18 Post subject:
Puppy live cd with devx option with no hdd
Puppy 4.0.0 remastered - A dog for all seasons - almost
I'm trying to make a bootable (cd-rw) disk with the devx so that I can do some limited compiling in the 2GB ram on my acer PC. I've acheived this by following what you advised at http://puppylinux.com/development/compileapps.htm but the disk will no longer boot (without wakepup) on my emachines PC. (I complied isomaster 1.3.3 (just a language upgrade from 1.3.2))
This may simply be a limitation of both cd drives on the old PC but I hope not. I have tried writing a 3rd session to the cd and closing the cd on the emachines and then wiped the disk, started again and finalised on the acer. No luck. Is there another way to close a cd as peppyy thought http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=25064 ?
- remaster needs the manual re-copying of /root/ and /etc/ files
- boot.cat is not put in the puppy build directory when last dialogue appears before the dd 'burn'
- isomaster 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 can't make a bootable iso (at least not with boot.cat as the image) so I had to use the cli
- puppy will try to load the saved session containing the devx file when there's only 256MB of ram then run out of ram and stop booting
- I actually put the devx sfs in the iso with the puppy sfs hoping it might load from there but the bootmanager doesn't start after boot
...wait a minute if I can convert the saved session from the cd into a pupsave sfs, put it in the iso then do a single closed burn...
What's the difference between a multisession cd session directory and a pupsave sfs? Is it just a matter of squashing it?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum