Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 27 Aug 2014, 09:15
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
PSip - Puppy SIP
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 13 of 16 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
dogle

PostPosted: Mon 15 Dec 2008, 11:16    Post_subject:  

Recently in http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=36588 HairyWill said:

Quote:
What about psip, my guess is that at the moment it has less than 20 users and some of these are because they are experimenting with it. Maybe it deserves to stay in for another release to give it an opportunity to mature. Just including the commandline pjsua instead would probably save 200KB in all the scripts and icons that are needed to run the gui.

Really we have no way of knowing how many; there could be many hundreds of happy users like Fred out there [and thousands like me still trying to tame the !*$%* bitch]. Lacking Will's expertise I have have had nil success using the pjsua CLI for anything, except breaking things, and without PSip I'd be straight out there looking for a different VoIP client. [Erm ... any suggestions?]

Yes, it would be useful to have a buddylist of those happy to help people test PSip and yes, the privacy issue is important. Maybe a transient wiki-type list would be the way to be heading on this one.
HairyWill

PostPosted: Mon 15 Dec 2008, 12:33    Post_subject:  

dogle wrote:
Yes, it would be useful to have a buddylist of those happy to help people test PSip and yes, the privacy issue is important. Maybe a transient wiki-type list would be the way to be heading on this one.
psip-help-psip wiki-latest info gets you a screenshot with a number of sip addresses for puppy users. I personally am happy for anyone to leave me a message on sip:hairywill@proxy01.sipphone.com but can only realistically commit to being able to receive a call between 16:00 and 18:00 GMT and even that requires prior notice. I have one computer that I am continuously booting between various versions of puppy and listening to music online. If you leave me a voicemail I will try and reply.

Another possible reason for the exclusion of sip numbers from the release version is so that Barry can be sure that puppy does not ship with contact detail for random mad men. This is somewhat mitigated by the fact both lobster and I regularly publish our sip addresses anywhere we can find! Wink

Evil20071

PostPosted: Mon 15 Dec 2008, 17:55    Post_subject:  

True. I just went into the documentation and found the original list and added it. Maybe it's time for a public directory to be made for users to add their info if they don't mind people adding them and contacting them. Wink

PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec 2008, 06:09    Post_subject:  

Evil20071 wrote:
True. I just went into the documentation and found the original list and added it. Maybe it's time for a public directory to be made for users to add their info if they don't mind people adding them and contacting them. Wink

Evil, a public list of addresses already exists:

http://www.puppylinux.org/wiki/applications/dot-pets/psip-public-user-directory

Select Line>Telephone Book from the drop down menu.

Smokey

dogle

PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec 2008, 10:32    Post_subject:  

PSip users may have seen yesterday's email from Gizmo advertising their new webpage-driven phone system. http://gizmocall.com

This might be a very significant development in the VoIP arena but for now I'll be sticking with PSip - if only I can bend it into shape - because the new Gizmo system is flash-dependent. [I'm getting to dislike Adoh!be even more than M$].

OTOH I note that the SiPphone website news has not been updated for nearly two years, and the paucity of technical info on the Gizmo site is so bad you might think their aim is to operate a job-creation scheme for service ticket handlers. This leads me to wonder what is really going on over there, and whether the service is in danger of ceasing before long.

Right now I'm trying to figure out why my SiPphone/Gizmo accounts keep on breaking. Seems I can log in for a day or two, then login attempts fail. When I try, the login page just gets replaced with the same login screen but under new URL
https://my.gizmo5.com/gizmo5/app?forcePath=b85c56c7f5ecc179f391f0358f63420a
Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?
HairyWill

PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec 2008, 11:12    Post_subject:  

It might be sensible to automatically add a users own account as a buddy so that there is always something to see in the buddies list when you are logged in. Otherwise it can feel a bit lonely when you do not have any buddies.
dogle

PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec 2008, 12:49    Post_subject:  

Yes, and that would get past the halted message "pjsua VoIP application starting" which has confused some of us.

Also, it is possible to talk to yourself and use the slight echo effect to get your mic setting right - even when your account is not working properly.

On a similar tack, I was intrigued to find that I had two-way voice communication with the Tellme automatic service even before attempting to set up an account.

I've assumed the existence of two-way voice to indicate that I don't have a port 5060 problem ... is that a valid assumption?

I don't know why the "dogle is online" message background flips between black and red; dimming my wireless signal doesn't seem to affect it.
HairyWill

PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec 2008, 13:21    Post_subject:  

dogle wrote:
I've assumed the existence of two-way voice to indicate that I don't have a port 5060 problem ... is that a valid assumption?

I don't know.

dogle wrote:
I don't know why the "dogle is online" message background flips between black and red
Every time the status message changes, the background flips to draw your attention to it.

I tried to leave you a voicemail but the gizmo voicemail system wasn't working properly. I don't know whether it was recorded or not.

Evil20071

PostPosted: Tue 16 Dec 2008, 23:57    Post_subject:  

smokey01 wrote:
Evil20071 wrote:

Evil, a public list of addresses already exists:

http://www.puppylinux.org/wiki/applications/dot-pets/psip-public-user-directory

Select Line>Telephone Book from the drop down menu.

Smokey

I didn't know that page existed... >.>

PostPosted: Wed 17 Dec 2008, 19:11    Post_subject:  

Question: Is there a way to make it so that PSIP will run in the tray?

PostPosted: Mon 22 Dec 2008, 10:47    Post_subject:
Sub_title: 5060 questions

Can anyone point to any methods/tools/tips for checking port 5060 status, or intelligible explanations of related technology?

Just spotted this whilst trawling the subject:

http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/users/security-alert-is-port-5060-open-on-your-router

I am insufficiently familiar with the technology to know how serious an issue this might be. Any comments?
SirDuncan

PostPosted: Mon 22 Dec 2008, 12:13    Post_subject:
Sub_title: 5060 questions

dogle wrote:
Can anyone point to any methods/tools/tips for checking port 5060 status,

Try GRC's "Shields Up!" service at https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2. It can scan common ports, all ports, or any specific port you wish (such as 5060 and 5061).

Aitch

PostPosted: Tue 30 Dec 2008, 14:20    Post_subject:  

Nice tutorial link here

http://rbcfaqs.co.cc/PSIP/

also see my link here for Grand Central & SIP/Gizmo forwarding

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=37137

Aitch Smile
Evil20071

PostPosted: Tue 30 Dec 2008, 17:21    Post_subject:  

Hey, my site that has Grant's tut. Very Happy

I actually am fixing to update that psip tutorial for the newest version.

@Grant: If you have suggestions, since it is your tut after all... I was just goign to update the menus and screenshots for the new version. >.>

PostPosted: Tue 30 Dec 2008, 19:08    Post_subject:  

Evil,

Happy for you to update the tutorial. It's something I have been going to do for some time but just have managed to find the time. It may be worth mentioning that the configuration file needs at least one buddy to make it work properly.

Also express the configuration file must not contain errors such as misspelled commands or addresses as the pjsua error checking could be better.

Regards

Smokey

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 13 of 16 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum