pMusic 6.0.0

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
01micko

#2191 Post by 01micko »

zigbert wrote:@01micko
The gui issue should be fixed by a simple '&'
https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/w ... c07aef0b5d
Thanks. :)
zigbert wrote:When it comes to missing Nad5 theme, this is actually done by purpose.
The command in /usr/local/bin/pmusic_cd is set to use the GTK theme (a basic extension of the active gtk-theme)

Code: Select all

pmusic -j -p '.CD' -c -T Gtk
This also is the fact for the radio frontend. If you want pMusic to use the Nad5 theme for all frontends, I will change the exec
Ok, best leave it as is.

--

A nice feature would be to copy the albumart.jpg (if found) in ~/.pmusic/tmp to the rip directory. I did this manually for about 40 cd's :shock: :lol: and transferred them (the ripped albums + art) to a micro SD card for use in an android phone (sony) and they show up just fine with the generic 'albumart.jpg' name in the music app.
I suspect this would work well too for DLNA. Slacko has minidlna in the PPM which works with 'smart' TV and other so called 'smart' things. :lol:

----

LATER:

line 679 in 'func' has a syntax error...

'{print $1} 2>> $STDERR'
Miss placed apostrophe.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

zigbert

#2192 Post by zigbert »

01micko wrote:A nice feature would be to copy the albumart.jpg (if found) in ~/.pmusic/tmp to the rip directory. I did this manually for about 40 cd's :shock: :lol: and transferred them (the ripped albums + art) to a micro SD card for use in an android phone (sony) and they show up just fine with the generic 'albumart.jpg' name in the music app.
I suspect this would work well too for DLNA. Slacko has minidlna in the PPM which works with 'smart' TV and other so called 'smart' things. :lol:
Yes, interesting feature. While writing this, I don't see clearly how to implement it. No, It's not hard to copy the imagefile to the output directory, but the export function in pMusic is not restricted to export only one album (or source). In the next release you'll meet an even more flexible export structure...

Maybe it could include an attribute if exporting from the CD frontend to tell that all tracks comes from the same album...
Another approach is to add another option in the export dialog to choose an image for the given output directory. This will give the user more control, but also increase the gui complexity which I try to avoid. The export dialog is already not straightforward...

let's give it some thinking.
01micko wrote: line 679 in 'func' has a syntax error...

'{print $1} 2>> $STDERR'
Miss placed apostrophe.
Fixed - Thanks a lot!

don570

#2193 Post by don570 »

Here's a suggestion if you've not thought of it before...

Some versions of Rox filer have an 'Open With' menu item

The list of apps it produces is the link icons that it finds in /root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/SendTo/

So if you put these links (see image below) in that folder they would show up as a possible launch app
when right clicking on a music file.

zigbert

#2194 Post by zigbert »

@don570

The latest Puppy (7) has pMusic in 'Open with' menu to either play file or add it to the queue if pMusic is already is running.

Add recursively is a valid option only for directories, and is available as well from the Rox right-click menu.

Am I missing something?

zigbert

#2195 Post by zigbert »

Sometimes things takes a new turn not expected.
Working with new export features (also albumart-request by 01micko), lead to a complete new gui-build.

New features gives complexity, and is not what I strive for. It was the time to take a look at new ways of doing things, and this one is sure different. There are cons, but on the positive side; no one should be scared of the default dialog.

The screenshot shows an empty export list which easily can be populated via the list header buttons. You can of course send selected files to the export dialog from the right-click menu in both the playqueue and the sourcelist.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
(16.1 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
Screenshot(1).jpg
(24.8 KiB) Downloaded 455 times

don570

#2196 Post by don570 »

@don570

The latest Puppy (7) has pMusic in 'Open with' menu to either play file or add it to the queue if pMusic is already is running.
I am using the arm version of quirky Xerus where there is bug.
I think barryk put in wrong link.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 537#929537

Pelo

pMusic for French Slaxen on test Bench.

#2197 Post by Pelo »

pMusic for French Slaxen on test Bench.
Only Aqualung would be able to list CD titles ? I am sure that Pmusic will do it. (confirmed)
In Spite of CDs are still successful in music shops, our Puppy devs cannot test because they have no CDs available.. Those that i hold at home are gifts, i must recognize.
Asunder now gets titles from the web, freedb.org.
Attachments
Streamer.jpg
Radio Streamer works
(21.52 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 26 Oct 2016, 18:01, edited 2 times in total.

don570

#2198 Post by don570 »

I'm using quirky xerus for raspberry pi2 board.

I see the following link created by BarryK

Is this right? I don't have an internet connection to test it.
It makes a list of internet radio stations.
Wouldn't a link that does adding to music playlist make more sense?

pmusic  -a "$@"
Attachments
screenshot-pmusic2.png
(50.5 KiB) Downloaded 397 times

zigbert

#2199 Post by zigbert »

This does not seem right. pMusic has 3 *.desktop files, so you have to link to the right one.

Your proposal is correct.

zigbert

#2200 Post by zigbert »

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2201 Post by BarryK »

zigbert wrote:This does not seem right. pMusic has 3 *.desktop files, so you have to link to the right one.

Your proposal is correct.
Ah, I see, in /usr/share/applications:

pmusic_CD.desktop
pmusic.desktop
pmusic_radio.desktop

The problem is in the 'pinstall.sh' script of rox-filer PET:

for ONEOPEN in Abiword BaconGUI Bcrypt ePDFView FFConvert Firefox Geany gedit Ghasher Ghostview Gnumeric Gxine HomeBank InkLite Inkscape ISOMaster Leafpad LibreOffice-Calc LibreOffice-Draw LibreOffice-Impress LibreOffice-Writer mhWaveEdit Mplayer mtPaint Notecase Opera Planner Pmusic PupZip SeaMonkey-Composer SeaMonkey-web-browser Viewnior XArchive
do
 FNDOPEN="`find usr/share/applications -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type f -iname "${ONEOPEN}*.desktop" | grep -v 'mtPaint-snapshot' | head -n 1`"
 [ "$FNDOPEN" ] && ln -snf /${FNDOPEN} root/.config/rox.sourceforge.net/OpenWith/${ONEOPEN}
done
It is only grabbing one of those .desktop files.
OK, I will rethink how to do that code in pinstall.sh

EDIT: OK, fixed.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

zigbert

#2202 Post by zigbert »

Please avoid version 5.2.2
There is a bug at first run

Will update

zigbert

#2203 Post by zigbert »

zigbert

#2204 Post by zigbert »

Pelo

with the Slaxen francophone Puppy.

#2205 Post by Pelo »

PMusic 5.2.4 Medor tries it with the Slaxen francophone Puppy. Users can post questions in French there Si vous avez du mal avec l'anglais, posez vos questions à Médor, cliquez le Blue
Installed to day, new pupsave.
:D yeaah , nice
Being tested on The Vicmz OBprecise too Pmusic 4.4.6.. don't play CDs, 5.2.4 should improve that... feed-back coming

sheldonisaac

Re: pMusic 5.2.4

#2206 Post by sheldonisaac »

zigbert (in part) wrote:Grab music from, or just listen to thousands of radio-stations
When I try to play WQXR or WRTI, I see "connecting .."
But it doesn't play.
WFMT, as I recall, does play.

I've reinstalled repeatedly.
And done the Radio Stations complete build.

EDIT
OK, I got WQXR to play, and a few others.

Searched online for WRTI streaming, and found
http://38.100.101.74/WRTI CLASSICAL.mp3

Thank you,
Sheldon

zigbert

#2207 Post by zigbert »

There are plans to improve the radio module. Atm, the radio db supports only one url pr radio channel. Since many url's in the db is dead, it would be great to allow multiple addresses to each channel, and automatically scan the next address if the given one is dead. The pMusic radio db is built from the info at radiosure.com, and it includes limitless numbers of url's. So, the challenge is not to find the url's, but to define a clever way to include this into pMusic.

sheldonisaac

radio database

#2208 Post by sheldonisaac »

zigbert wrote:There are plans to improve the radio module. Atm, the radio db supports only one url pr radio channel. Since many url's in the db is dead, it would be great to allow multiple addresses to each channel, and automatically scan the next address if the given one is dead. The pMusic radio db is built from the info at radiosure.com, and it includes limitless numbers of url's. So, the challenge is not to find the url's, but to define a clever way to include this into pMusic.
Thank for your reply, Sigmund.

I see that there's nothing I can do here to fix the database.

I added WRTI to favorites, and can choose radio stations from there.

Thanks again,
Sheldon
Dell E6410: BusterPup, BionicPup64, Xenial, etc
Intel DQ35JOE, Dell Vostro 430
Dell Inspiron, Acer Aspire One, EeePC 1018P

live

#2209 Post by live »

Thanks for pMusic 5.2.4

Regarding podcast

Feature requests:
On the left pane it would be nice to select which column one wants to display (I'm not interest by default to view path, format, kps, etc.)

Bug
Under TahrPup64
If I add podcast channel http://radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/rss_10351.xml

I browse it and select for instance "Anne Pingeot, la discrète révélée (5/5) : Mort et poésie"
pMusic plays sizzled/crackled unhearable sound, while direct play is perfect.

zigbert

#2210 Post by zigbert »

live wrote:Feature requests:
On the left pane it would be nice to select which column one wants to display (I'm not interest by default to view path, format, kps, etc.)
To be considered.
live wrote:Bug
Under TahrPup64
If I add podcast channel http://radiofrance-podcast.net/podcast09/rss_10351.xml

I browse it and select for instance "Anne Pingeot, la discrète révélée (5/5) : Mort et poésie"
pMusic plays sizzled/crackled unhearable sound, while direct play is perfect.
I will check this out