pMusic 6.0.0

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
markofkane

#31 Post by markofkane »

ttuuxxx wrote:
markofkane wrote:well, it messed up my computer. Now I cannot play any music. Gxine won't work anymore.

:evil:

Edit: It might be because I updated Seamonkey, now i get the stupid:

error while loading shared libraries: libmozjs.so: cannot
open shared object file: No such file
or directory
Here's your libmozjs for puppy 4.0 it will automatically install :)
into /usr/lib/seamonkey-1.1.8/libmozjs.so
ttuuxxx
Didn' t work. :(

zigbert

#32 Post by zigbert »

DreamsToGo
Wonderful report.
Can you give us some futher help....PLEASE?

Since hello4 showed up, it means that process continued to the 'playing' function. You'll find it in the same /usr/local/pmusic/func, but now section '-playing)'. Some hellos here too could hopefully detect the trouble.

Thanks a lot
Sigmund

DreamsToGo
Location: Castelnaudary, south France, World Capital of Cassoulet

#33 Post by DreamsToGo »

OK, system hang after hello8, I do not get hello9 and hello10

-playing)
xmessage hello5
SS=`cat $WORKDIR/pmusic-SS`
PLAYLIST="`cat $WORKDIR/pmusic-PLAYLIST`"
cat $WORKDIR/pmusic-playlist | grep "$PLAYLIST" > $WORKDIR/pmusic-TREE_ITEM #holds all coloums
##### add to index #####
xmessage hello6
if [ "$PLAYLIST" ]; then #iso 8859-1 sometimes break $PLAYLIST
#add to index_recent
if [ ! "`tail -n 1 $HOME/.pmusic/index_recent | grep "$PLAYLIST"`" ]; then
cat $HOME/.pmusic/index_alphabetic | grep -w "$PLAYLIST" >> $HOME/.pmusic/index_recent
fi
#add to index_most_played
if [ "`cat $HOME/.pmusic/index_most_played | grep -w "$PLAYLIST"`" ]; then
NR="`cat $HOME/.pmusic/index_most_played | grep -w "$PLAYLIST" | cut -d '|' -f 1`"
TMP="`cat $HOME/.pmusic/index_most_played | grep -w "$PLAYLIST" | cut -d '|' -f 2-`"
NR_NEW=`expr $NR + 1`
sed -i -e "s%$NR|$TMP%$NR_NEW|$TMP%g" $HOME/.pmusic/index_most_played #increase by 1
else
TMP="`cat $HOME/.pmusic/index_alphabetic | grep -w "$PLAYLIST"`"
echo "10001|$TMP" >> $HOME/.pmusic/index_most_played
fi
fi
######
xmessage hello7
echo false > $WORKDIR/pmusic-stop #if stopped it shouldn't start next
echo -e "\c" > $WORKDIR/pmusic-ffmpeg_output
xmessage hello8
ffmpeg -i "$PLAYLIST" -ss $SS -f au - 2>> $WORKDIR/pmusic-ffmpeg_output | aplay
#loop until ffmpeg is finnished
while [ "`cat $WORKDIR/pmusic-ffmpeg_output | wc -c`" != "$OLD_WC" ]; do #ffmpeg is working
OLD_WC=`cat $WORKDIR/pmusic-ffmpeg_output | wc -c`
sleep 1
done
xmessage hello9
#run next song in playlist
if [ "`cat $WORKDIR/pmusic-stop`" = "false" ]; then $APPDIR/func -next; fi
xmessage hello10
;;

zigbert

#34 Post by zigbert »

Discussion

Are you one of those who collects mp3s in directory structure like /Artist/Album/Song.mp3. I have a suggestion of how to 'index' content of directories: During indexing, pmusic can make playlists of content of every directory. If we name these playlists with name-of-directories.pmd, they will show up in index list, but not interfere with the standard m3u files.

I use here an example of the well known band 'Puppies' and their album 'The Kennel'. The mp3s are saved in /private/music/Puppies/The Kennel/*mp3.
There are several models:
1. User indexes the directory /private/music/, so Pmusic will use this as its startpoint. Every music file in /private/music/Puppies/The Kennel/ are applied to the playlist 'Puppies - The kennel.mpd'. This gives a nice overview of your music, but it's easy to see what happens when user indexes / to find all music on system.... The name 'Private - Music - Puppies - The Kennel' is not what we want.
2. A simpler model is to just accept directories that contains music files. We will never get strange names, but our songs from The Puppies album will only be named with 'The kennel.mpd'
3. As nr 1, but now with the option to define how deep Pmusic should dig in the directory structure. This would give a more flexible indexing, but also a lot harder to understand for an average user who don't like talking about file structure at all.
4. So maybe the most logical solution would be to simply include a 'Add all' button in the open-dialog.
5. Or maybe you got some better ideas...

Sigmund

zigbert

#35 Post by zigbert »

DreamsToGo
What if you now change the hello8 with

xmessage "$PLAYLIST" $SS

???

Thanks
Sigmund

zigbert

#36 Post by zigbert »

DreamsToGo
If $PLAYLIST and $SS keeps any value (and I guess they do), Please try another way to start ffmpeg.

Code: Select all

echo "exec ffmpeg -i \"$PLAYLIST\" -ss $SS -f au - 2>> $WORKDIR/pmusic-ffmpeg_output | aplay" > $WORKDIR/pmusic-exec
chmod 700 $WORKDIR/pmusic-exec
. $WORKDIR/pmusic-exec &
This replaces the ffmpeg-line after hello8

HairyWill

#37 Post by HairyWill »

zigbert wrote:1. User indexes the directory /private/music/, so Pmusic will use this as its startpoint. Every music file in /private/music/Puppies/The Kennel/ are applied to the playlist 'Puppies - The kennel.mpd'. This gives a nice overview of your music, but it's easy to see what happens when user indexes / to find all music on system.... The name 'Private - Music - Puppies - The Kennel' is not what we want.
why not only keep the current directory name and its parent, ie piping your example through ie

echo "/root/music/puppy lovers/alpha 7/my dog.mp3" | sed 's/.*\(\/.*\/.*\/.*\)/\1/;s/\///;s/\// - /g;'
 - puppy lovers - alpha 7 - my dog.mp3
Will
contribute: [url=http://www.puppylinux.org]community website[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6c3nm6]screenshots[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6j2gbz]puplets[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/57gykn]wiki[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/5dgr83]rss[/url]

Taavi

#38 Post by Taavi »

Hi,

I don't know about ffmpeg's difficulties with flac. I got all my flacs also in mp3 files so I could try Pmusic. After some tries it did index my about 7000 mp3 files. Pmusic freezes occasionally my machine but not if I run it from commandline. On the first run Pmusic didn't read metatags of mp3's. But then I noticed error message with libstdc++.so.6. I managed to repair this: libstdc++.so.6 was symlinked to libstdc++.so.6.0.8 and I changed it to point to libstdc++.so.6.0.9. I updated index and Pmusic read metatags right.

I understood that you don't see much value in metatags in musicfiles. I still suggest feature to sort songs by metatags. For example by artist(performer) and title. In flac files there is standard tags for forexample composer, lyricist, arranger and so on. I think it's more important to know the composer of the song as the artist. Especially in classical music. But because I know so little of programming, I don't know how difficult it is to built.

I've used Madman music manager and Wxmusic but didn't really like them. I've tried some java based managers but didn't really like any of them. Pmusic looks like it's gonna be the one.

markofkane

#39 Post by markofkane »

I think I'll try it again, (install, because I am on a fresh puppy install)

I'll see if it will at least play a song. 8)

Edit: Importing a song to play in pmusic locked up my computer.(I had to used the power button to turn ot off!!!) I was importing from hdb1 Hard-drive,

That does it for me. :roll:

DreamsToGo

#40 Post by DreamsToGo »

zigbert wrote:DreamsToGo
What if you now change the hello8 with

xmessage "$PLAYLIST" $SS

???

Thanks
Sigmund
Sigmund,

I did this test. $PLAYLIST shows the song path and name, $SS=0

Hilary

DreamsToGo

#41 Post by DreamsToGo »

zigbert wrote:DreamsToGo
If $PLAYLIST and $SS keeps any value (and I guess they do), Please try another way to start ffmpeg.

echo "exec ffmpeg -i "$PLAYLIST" -ss $SS -f au - 2>> $WORKDIR/pmusic-ffmpeg_output | aplay" > $WORKDIR/pmusic-exec
chmod 700 $WORKDIR/pmusic-exec
. $WORKDIR/pmusic-exec &
This replaces the ffmpeg-line after hello8
Sigmund

That worked! Song added and played.

Hilary

DreamsToGo

#42 Post by DreamsToGo »

zigbert wrote:Discussion

Are you one of those who collects mp3s in directory structure like /Artist/Album/Song.mp3. I have a suggestion of how to 'index' content of directories: During indexing, pmusic can make playlists of content of every directory. If we name these playlists with name-of-directories.pmd, they will show up in index list, but not interfere with the standard m3u files.

I use here an example of the well known band 'Puppies' and their album 'The Kennel'. The mp3s are saved in /private/music/Puppies/The Kennel/*mp3.
1. User indexes the directory /private/music/, so Pmusic will use this as its startpoint. Every music file in /private/music/Puppies/The Kennel/ are applied to the playlist 'Puppies - The kennel.mpd'. This gives a nice overview of your music, but it's easy to see what happens when user indexes / to find all music on system.... The name 'Private - Music - Puppies - The Kennel' is not what we want.
2. A simpler model is to just accept directories that contains music files. We will never get strange names, but our songs from The Puppies album will only be named with 'The kennel.mpd'
3. As nr 1, but now with the option to define how deep Pmusic should dig in the directory structure. This would give a more flexible indexing, but also a lot harder to understand for an average user who don't like talking about file structure at all.
4. So maybe the most logical solution would be to simply include a 'Add all' button in the open-dialog.

Sigmund
Sigmund,

From our previous discussions, I prefer option 4.
I just want to be able to select a directory, click add-all and ALL the songs in that directory and any subdirectories get added to the list.
Note that directories will contain files that are not music, eg album covers.

I don't use playlists, so I don't want my system cluttered up with them, and I'm not interested in indexing the collection. With the Library/Artist/Album directory structure it is already indexed and a directory is in effect a playlist.. I don't use tags either. I rarely, if ever, mix up music from different artists.

zigbert

#43 Post by zigbert »

version 0.1.2 is uploaded
See main post

I have included an 'add all' button in the open dialog. This doesn't mean we also can index the directories. I want to hear your opinion. Here's my initial discussion post:

########################################

Discussion

Sigmund

ttuuxxx

#44 Post by ttuuxxx »

markofkane wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:
markofkane wrote:well, it messed up my computer. Now I cannot play any music. Gxine won't work anymore.

:evil:

Edit: It might be because I updated Seamonkey, now i get the stupid:

error while loading shared libraries: libmozjs.so: cannot
open shared object file: No such file
or directory
Here's your libmozjs for puppy 4.0 it will automatically install :)
into /usr/lib/seamonkey-1.1.8/libmozjs.so
ttuuxxx
Didn' t work. :(
Have you tried to reinstall the original seamonkey overtop ?
http://www.puppylinux.ca/puppyfiles/pet ... ilnews.pet

ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

DreamsToGo

#45 Post by DreamsToGo »

Sigmund,

Thanks for the updated version and the add-all button - works great, no system hangs either.

Don't forget to change the version number in the title window and help sections!

Hilary

markofkane

#46 Post by markofkane »

Thanks, but I started over. I'll have to think twice before I try to update Seamonkey to the latest version,, because it breaks Gxine, (I mean version 1.1.10)

ttuuxxx wrote:Have you tried to reinstall the original seamonkey overtop ?
http://www.puppylinux.ca/puppyfiles/pet ... ilnews.pet

ttuuxxx

markofkane

#47 Post by markofkane »

I just tried the new Pmusic 0.1.2-TR

It did play the songs, and I was able to make a playlist. However, after making the playlist (it took a long time and lots of CPU and memory) it would play, but none of the buttons or options worked. I tried to save the playlist, but it did not. (It did not even work on reboot)

So I looked into where Pmusic was installed, found the playlist there, copied it, and opened the playlist in Gxine. Gxine works, but thanks to Pmusic for creating my playlist for me. I had 3000+ songs, and they were in a lot of different folders and would have taken me forever to add them all manually.

But, at least I got my playlist. (I'll try any more update to Pmusic, but I'm backing up my playlist)

zigbert

#48 Post by zigbert »

markofkane

If you made a playlist with 3000 songs, gtkdialog would be like a slow snail. Everytime you push a button that require an update of the playlist, gtkdialog will keep on "forever". (and maybe freeze). I never thought of this kind of use of Pmusic. If Gxine works for you, that absolutely great, but it would be nice to hear if Pmusic works after disable the playlist in the preferences dialog.

Sigmund

markofkane

#49 Post by markofkane »

I opened it, and it won't even let me clear the playlist. I suppose I could delete it in the pmusic folder.

(That's what I wanted all along, was a program that imported all songs like Windows Media Player or Winamp does)

Edit, I got it to clear, and it plays one song just fine!! :D

I got it to play 2 songs. What's the limit?

Thanks!!

peppyy

#50 Post by peppyy »

Tested on 3.01 full HD install with a thousand extra libs.

Runs well but high cpu usage +/- 8% just idle
Plays streaming files.
plays long files fine. 1 hour tested.

When Loading playlists from other programs, (.pls) which have 2 extra lines
one called playlist
one called Number of entries = (n)
any song selected and pressing play causes a loop.
pressing stop several time quickly stops the loop but no play.

imported m3u playlists seem to work fine :)

Seems to have a problem with the directory listings. When the playlist is in the same directory with no path it works.

Several crashes on stop, (Gui only)

Progress indicator hangs and jumps on some mp3s
Skip forward causes ffmpeg to max the processor.
also several clicks occasionally starts a second playback at another spot.

Suggestions:
Drag and drop to playlist.
Color themes other than red.
Drag to position in file.

Looks very promising from a XMMS fan.
The main reason I have been using XMMS was for it's minimal cpu usage and it's fast indexing.

I hope this is helpful.
~Pep
Puppy Linux...
It just works!