Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 26 Jun 2019, 17:54
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Suggestions
RutilT in next Puppy
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
netprophet

PostPosted: Fri 25 Jul 2008, 06:21    Post subject:  RutilT in next Puppy
Subject description: Only RutilT worked for me to connect to my wireless network

Hi,
As a newbie in Linux, I've tried several versions, DSL, Ubuntu, etc.., I only got my wireless to work with Puppy. Although using the standard wireless connection didn't get me anywhere until I accidentally stumbled upon RutilT in Puppy version 3.
I don't know what is the difference with the standard way of connecting as I have put in all necessary information but I still could not connect. With RutilT, it was so quick, very smooth!
Now I upgraded to version Puppy Dingo, as I started it, I quickly got worried as RutilT was nowhere to be found. Again I tried the standard way of connecting (even tried the autoconnect) but would not work. I had to download the RutilT package but to do so, I had to connect my PC (in the garage) to my switch in the room using a very very long network cable (luckily I have one). After installing RutilT, finally my wireless is working fine again. I hope it would be considered to include this package on the next Puppy, or at least keep it during an upgrade if it is already installed. Thank you.

Cheers,
netprophet
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Suggestions
Jump to: