Ufraw: Digital camera raw image utility & gimp-plugin for p4

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
christian50

Re: password

#31 Post by christian50 »

fantasiagreen wrote:
fantasiagreen wrote:I've just tried to download the ufraw .pet mentioned in the first post but when I do so I am asked for a username and password. My login credentials used to access this forum don't work, so I'm stumped.
Worked it out now having read another post elsewhere! Sorry!
I have the same problem, and I can't figure it out. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

muggins

#32 Post by muggins »

I've added another link to the first post. Otherwise, uname=puppy, pword=linux, but I think Eric Caneri's puppylinux.ca site might be having problems.

christian50

#33 Post by christian50 »

muggins wrote:I've added another link to the first post. Otherwise, uname=puppy, pword=linux, but I think Eric Caneri's puppylinux.ca site might be having problems.
Many thanks for your help, now I could download the package.
--Christian

Peterm321

#34 Post by Peterm321 »

There is an updated version with improved algorithm of dcb_dcraw at

http://www.linuxphoto.org/html/other/dcb_dcraw

The Linux executable runs without any extra dependencies (well at least it does on my version of "Turbo Pup").

edoc

#35 Post by edoc »

I loaded ufraw-0.16-i486.pet and libgtkimageview .pet in dpup009 and it does not respond.

UFRaw is the only Linux app that reports support for the Kodak Z981.

http://www.linuxphoto.org/html/other/dcb_dcraw

Generates this error:
Error: Not Found
The requested URL /html/other/dcb_dcraw was not found on this server.
http://ufraw.sourceforge.net/Install.html doesn't list Puppy at all.

There is a
ufraw-0.18.tar.gz
here:
http://registry.gimp.org/node/31 that is supposed to be a GIMP plugin but I don't know if it is GIMP version-specific or if it would be OK to use with Fluppy (or any Puppy for that matter)

I tried the GIMP plugin but got stuck at this point (using dpup009), will have a look at Fluppy013 tomorrow ...
# ./configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: in `/initrd/mnt/dev_save/savestuff/downloads/dpup009/ufraw-0.18':
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details
#

I'd love support for Fluppy (currently at 013) as I am about to convert this last of the laptops from dpup to Fluppy.

Thanks!
[b]Thanks! David[/b]
[i]Home page: [/i][url]http://nevils-station.com[/url]
[i]Don't google[/i] [b]Search![/b] [url]http://duckduckgo.com[/url]
TahrPup64 & Lighthouse64-b602 & JL64-603

Mmmm

#36 Post by Mmmm »

I have installed ufraw from the files here and it runs. The first thing it does is ask for a raw file to load. When I give it an ARW file from a Sony camera (listed as supported) ufraw immediately crashes with the message

ufraw: symbol lookup error: ufraw: undefined symbol: _ZN5Exiv2lsERSoRKNS_9ExifdatumE

Looking here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ufraw/f ... ic/3776695

it implies that the problem is the version of libgtkimageview but that can't be the case right?

ps. im using puppy 525
Any ideas?

muggins

#37 Post by muggins »

Hello Mmmm,

not sure...i'll need to install p525 & have a look...i'll get back to you

cheers

muggins

#38 Post by muggins »

OK, I've booted into p525 & installed ufraw. First thing, running from commandline, it complains about:

Code: Select all

# ufraw
ufraw: error while loading shared libraries: libexiv2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
resolved with:

Code: Select all

# ln -s /usr/lib/libexiv2.so /usr/lib/libexiv2.so.2
Then, not owning a camera, and somehow losing the only raw image I downloaded for testing, I'm unable to go any further...could you please upload a raw file that isn't working somewhere & provide a link?

One other thing I noticed is that, after installing gimp-2.4.6.pet, the ufraw-gimp plugin isn't showing up in gimp. I'm sure I've had this problem before, but further research required, as I've forgotten the work-around!

cheers

muggins

#39 Post by muggins »

Mmmm,

forget about uploading a raw image file, as I found one & I'm getting exactly the same error as you! Definitely more research needed.

muggins

#40 Post by muggins »

I've recompiled ufraw on lupu-520, and uploaded to:

ufraw-0.18-i486.pet (1Mbyte)

It also needs the attached libgtkimageview pet.

I've separated the gimp-plugin & NLS files as:

ufraw-gimp-plugin-0.18-i486

ufraw-NLS-0.18-i486

Run via Menu>Graphic>Ufraw

N.B. 1) I've tested this on lupu 511, 520 & 525, & snowpuppy 15. Due to incompatible gtk & glib, it won't work with 4 series, and prior.

2) I've only tested the gimp plugin with gimp v2.4.6. With newer versions, it should also work, but the ufraw-gimp plugin might need to be moved to the relevant plugin folder.

3) Html manual is in /usr/share/doc/ufraw/Guide.html.
Attachments
libgtkimageview-1.6.4-i486.pet
(26.46 KiB) Downloaded 1195 times
Last edited by muggins on Wed 05 Oct 2011, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.

Mmmm

#41 Post by Mmmm »

Ooohh.... Sorry I didn't reply sooner, the forum software didnt email me so I assumed that no-one had replied...
It works wonderfully now!! thanks muggins...

gimp works if I start in Gimp, but if I start in ufraw and press the gimp button it says it cant find gimp-remote....

Mmmm

#42 Post by Mmmm »

I was trying to compile this myself but can't work out how to get the gimp plugin, it says I don't have gimp! I'm using the 2.6.10 sfs version of gimp.

How do you do it? I'd like to be able to compile my own stuff, I just need a few pointers...

Thanks...

muggins

#43 Post by muggins »

Perhaps the 2.6.10 sfs is missing needed include files, or /usr/lib/pkgconfig files. What errors are you receiving?

Mmmm

#44 Post by Mmmm »

no errors, it just says 'no' to the gimp plug-in at the end of the configure output...further up the output it says 'checking for gimp....no'

if I use the option --enable-gimp (or similar - not on my linux box at the moment) it gives the error 'gimp not found'

muggins

#45 Post by muggins »

Check if you have gimp-2.0.pc file, in /usr/lib/pkgconfig directory, as the configure script is looking for this. Also make sure you have /usr/include/gimp-2.0 directory, and all the relevant libgimp* files in /usr/lib.

Mmmm

#46 Post by Mmmm »

nope... no gimp-2.0.pc file and no gimp 2.0 directory either.. I have /usr/share/gimp/2.0 and /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/
The libs in /usr/lib seem to be there..

Bit of a mess then is it?

muggins

#47 Post by muggins »

No, you just need to download the missing development files. You could download the gimp source package, with same version number, and copy across include files, or it might be simpler to dload & use:

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/dis ... -Lucid.sfs

Mmmm

#48 Post by Mmmm »

That sfs file you mention appears to be the same as the one I am already using...!! Does that sound possible to you?

Going the source route, how do I get the development files that I need? do I have to configure and make first or are they just sitting there already waiting to be moved? How do I know which ones I need?

Sorry for all the questions but I'd really love to be able to do this sort of stuff...

muggins

#49 Post by muggins »

Oh, I thought the Full, in Gimp-Full-2.6.10-Lucid.sfs, usually meant it has all the development stuff. Anyway you could use this instead:

http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/ma ... 1_i386.deb

Mmmm

#50 Post by Mmmm »

Aha... that did the trick...
So, I can install deb files too?!!

thanks muggins, you've been really helpful..
Much appreciated