Gimp filters missing - SOLVED (apparently)

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
bones01

Gimp filters missing - SOLVED (apparently)

#1 Post by bones01 »

Hi all,

I've got gimp 2.6.10 and 2.7.3 and both work fine (particularly with xvesa) but I have no filters!!! No blur, or motion, or anything.

Is there another file I need to download? I thought everything was together, so I'm a bit confused.

Sorry if this is a bit vague - I'm rushing.

Cheers

Bones
Last edited by bones01 on Mon 04 Jul 2011, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again. Sadly, I couldn't get it fixed :? )
Precise Puppy 5.4 live DVD
Precise 5.7.3 on USB

bones01

#2 Post by bones01 »

After some trial and error, the filters aren't working with Gimp as a .sfs but they do work with Gimp as a .pet

Any idea why that would make a difference?

Bones
Dell Latitude D630 running Puppy 5.2.8 frugal, Macpup 525 frugal (if I can get it working again. Sadly, I couldn't get it fixed :? )
Precise 5.7.3 on USB

bones01

#3 Post by bones01 »

I'm not all together sure what happened, but it's working now. After using the .pet version of 2.7.3 I looked under edit>preferences>folders and saw some different options for these folders and thought I might need to set these to /usr/share/gimp/2.0 etc, so uninstalled the .pet, rebooted with the .sfs in the bootmanager and "HUZZAH" the filters are there.

So, it's been a frustrating journey, but it ended well.

Except I did delete /root/my-documents in the process. But such is life.

Bones
Precise 5.7.3 on USB