Bios cause of save problem.

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
mikeb

Bios cause of save problem.

#1 Post by mikeb »

Ok
thought I'd post this for referance in relation to the problem of no boot after saving a session...

I have a old HP machine which was a bit random with regard to booting puppy disks so one day I went on a mission...

With hard drive removed,bios set to boot of CD, the only puppies that would boot where ones with no saved sessions plus other disks eg reatos, had no problem either.

All combinations of disk type/disk drive/burn methods were tested and the results were consistant....

Conclusion...the bios ,which reads the disk during boot to determine if it can be booted from, was unable to handle any disk with more than one session/track on it...at a guess it is only seeing the last session.

So if you suffer with the above problem then the bios could be the culprit...update or cry.

hope this helps

Mike

ps the same bios says that celleron processors are faulty cause they have less than 256k of cache. :?

kuapao

helped...thanks!

#2 Post by kuapao »

I was at a loss as to why my attempts at multi-session usage wasn't working. Your post helped point me in a new direction. Thanks!