Puppy Linux Foundation - sponsored offers

Promote Puppy !
Lobster
Official Crustacean

Puppy Linux Foundation - sponsored offers

#1 Post by Lobster »

Theses are some ideas for the Puppy Linux Foundation

The idea of the Foundation is support Barry and Puppy Development. Further goals are to continue the development of Puppy after aprox two years when Barry will be transferring development and support for Puppy over to the Foundation. We hope he will continue to be around and offering input for a lot longer but that is the plan as I understand it.
My idea is to always run the Foundation at a loss. As much of a loss as we can sustain. So that not only are we a "not for profit organisation" but funds always have an immediate use and allocation.

Do not get freaked out. We are not some bearucratic (however you spell that) or monopolistic prototype. We are set up by those who Love Puppy and wish to further him as best and fairly as we can.

One of our goals is to be a liason between commercial interests and Puppy developers and users. Puppy is free. That means it can be used by private or commercial groups. By individuals or Nokia. As far as I am aware it is not available to Microsoft or its subsidaries or lackeys as they have a bad track record. Or maybe it is available to them?

Time to get involved with the Foundation?

If a trustee or founder can second any of the below ideas they approve of and then a third member carry them - we can start to implement them:

New ideas welcome of course from any Puppy User

:D 1. Any monies proffered to Barry that people want to be used by the Foundation should be so designated

:D 2. A wikki page will be started for offers of time, skills or resources

:D 3. Printing or other sponsored offers
  • eg $100 for a competition
    to be used to print a booklet
    for free CD's
    for 3 world development of Puppy
So for example if you wish to start a specific fund you can donate say $10 or more with the type of fund you are initiating then the Foundation will work out the total cost and we can remain in the red (that is at a loss) 8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D