Puppy Community Register

News, happenings
Karl Godt

#76 Post by Karl Godt »

So its time for me I think to register here too :
If you program in any language relevant to puppy and/or are excellent with linux file structures, software installation, scripting, etc.
Label yourself level 3.
Not much programming language skills except hello world in C/C++ and Html .
Mostly bash scripting I learned while reading Mr. Kauler 's scripts in Puppy Linux plus few exterior scripts .
AWK is my worst abillity, sed and grep are quite well .
I hate the menu.desktop structure, so am not posting .sfs and .pet much .

Am Running Puppy Linux only, mostly the Macpup derivate Foxy3 on full installations .

The Murga Forum actually was the first site I registered without fancy user name .
I was tired about all these well mended suggestions to use weird names and passwords and because I am still convinced on Puppy Linux though it has flaws here and there especially with these USB modes .

Former started with full SuSE Linux 6.2 on P-I and had a time off without computers for several years :)

@ bkhome I am K Godt, since I my lost my password there .
@ irc I am Karl_Godt_CLIENT_NAME ; not using irc much cos irc is too fast for me .
«Give me GUI or Death» -- I give you [[Xx]term[inal]] [[Cc]on[s][ole]] .
Macpup user since 2010 on full installations.
People who want problems with Puppy boot frugal :P

partsman

#77 Post by partsman »

Well I don't know how helpful I can be here as I wish I had more time to spend learning about puppies root core ! But after reading the first post I guess I would say I am a 1 1/2 :) I started using puppy about a year before I registered I can make a pet & sfs files and feel fairly comfortable with basic file structure of puppy I have been tinkering with comps for a few years prior to discovering puppy and have a handful of older boxes laying around :) I have done my share of distro hopping ! But keep coming back to the distro that I fell in love with :wink: the people in these forums have been more than helpful that has given me a new outlook on life :D Anything I could do for the puppy cause I would gladly do with a smile :wink: please feel free to ask and contact me through this forum :wink:
[color=red]Anyone can build a fast processor. The trick is to build a fast system. (Seymour Cray)[/color] :wink:

Deacon

#78 Post by Deacon »

I'll be glad to be a tester. Quite good at it.