Multisession Boot

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
radtek

Multisession Boot

#1 Post by radtek »

I know this may seem redundant and maybe even a silly question.

Every time I boot from a multisession cd should I press 5 anyway instead of only enter? It recognizes it as a multi but when shut down only the very first session was burned. Is it possible a bug is in the very beginning stages and not the latter?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Which Puppy version did you try and how did you burn the CD?

radtek

#3 Post by radtek »

Version 1.0.5mozilla. I used the multisession burning tool provided in that version.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

Try this one, it's the latest. It's supposed to work on both CD and DVD. I've only tried it on DVD. Also, I think Barry is coming out with 1.0.6 in a few days.

radtek

#5 Post by radtek »

I tried all evening but it seems as if the link to the (file) was broken or the page was no longer valid.

If you find out let me know otherwise I'll wait until v1.0.6. while seeing what my limited knowlege can effect.

Reality is that multi-session is not exactly needed but the concept is so darn cool!

BarryK
Puppy Master

#6 Post by BarryK »

Yes, 1.0.6rc (release candidate) should be out soon, by end of this week at latest.

The 20th October multisession iso file is okay, but does have some bugs that I have now fixed. So, it is worth waiting a few more days...

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

The wise-guy connection is down a lot. At the moment (Sunday morning) it is up. I assume it's an individual who kindly shares his high-speed upload capacity so Barry can test new versions of multisession Puppy.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#8 Post by BarryK »

Flash wrote:The wise-guy connection is down a lot. At the moment (Sunday morning) it is up. I assume it's an individual who kindly shares his high-speed upload capacity so Barry can test new versions of multisession Puppy.
Yes, it's babbs (Forum name).