How to install Dingo retro beta on 2nd hd?

Please post any bugs you have found
bert07

How to install Dingo retro beta on 2nd hd?

#1 Post by bert07 »

This is about Dingo retro beta an all versions since 4 that I know of.

I have a first HD (15 partitions) and a 2nd HD (13 partitions).
I would like to install Puppy to sdb1 (1st partition, 2nd drive), but it refuses to do so. I would like this to be fixed if possible. Please?
Pretty please?

The issue with the BCM43xx is fixed. I can use my pcicard now to connect to the internet.

As I see it at the moment, just 2 issues to be fixed:
1. being the pmount program (cannot display every partition)
2. enabling to install on a second HD.

But thank you for this neat little program.

davids45

#2 Post by davids45 »

G'day,
Running on a live Puppy CD, what does GParted report about your sdb1? Type, flags, etc.

When your full install fails on sdb1, what messages do you see? How far do you get with the Universal Installer?

Is Pmount just not displaying all the drives because its display is off the bottom of your monitor screen? Is there a scroll bar on Pmount?

MUT's display needs to be enlarged to see all the partitions when there are a lot. Does MUT report what you expect to see?

What partitions are not being seen?

David S.

bert07

#3 Post by bert07 »

To David S.

Rather a lot of questions.

1. "Running on a live Puppy CD, what does GParted report about your sdb1? Type, flags, etc. "
I don't know what GParted on Puppy reports, but that partitions is marked as an active (bootable) ext3, only 2 gig, but more than enough for Puppy.
Partition itself has no mistakes.

2. "When your full install fails on sdb1, what messages do you see? How far do you get with the Universal Installer?
No messages at all. I point to install on sdb, in the next screen I point to sdb1, and than the screen disappears and nothing else happens. No messages, no next screen, no nothing.

3. "Is Pmount just not displaying all the drives because its display is off the bottom of your monitor screen? Is there a scroll bar on Pmount? "
See:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=31837

4."MUT's display needs to be enlarged to see all the partitions when there are a lot. Does MUT report what you expect to see? "
I do not know what MUT is?

5. "What partitions are not being seen? "
I cannot see the partitions starting from sdb7 to sdb13. (sdb12 being my swap partition.)

I hope this was helpful, and thank you for replying to my post.

Bert.