Just for you, mate:

<------------------------<<

Enjoy!

Regards,

Mike.

starhawk

#92 Post by starhawk »

:shock: :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks! I needed a grin and chuckle today...

Pelo

vote for Puppies in Amazon web site.

#93 Post by Pelo »

vote for Puppies in Amazon web site.
Attachments
cd puppies.jpg
(22.85 KiB) Downloaded 903 times
amazon.jpg
(32.65 KiB) Downloaded 842 times

jestoy0514

Sharing Puppy

#94 Post by jestoy0514 »

About a month ago, I tried to make puppy linux using woof-ce and luckily I made a usable one with ubuntu precise compatible puppy. I put in a usb flash drive and handed over it to my niece and she likes it and she is now using it for her daily internet surfing. She was amaze with the speed considering that she is using a usb and not her netbook hard drive. I was planning on purchasing some cds and put puppy linux in it and share it with my friends and collegue.

Pelo

use puplets from different coutries

#95 Post by Pelo »

Improve yor scholar knowledge by using french, snapnish, italian, russiaan, japanese puplets in their local version.
you will progress a lot, without boring lessons
I'am using Pupjibaro and puppy night es de habla iberica.
Ustedes pueden traer la Triton precise de petihar,
Or Macis from China !
Last edited by Pelo on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

caiosama

#96 Post by caiosama »

My way to promote Puppy.

They Always ask me "What is Puppy..... Linux?" :D
Attachments
20150501_160310.jpg
(164.12 KiB) Downloaded 679 times
[i]Pupjibaro 1.0.4 2015 / LxpupTahr 15.05.2 - Live USB - Dell D630
Precise 5.7.1 - Full installation - Asus EeePC 701 4G (2 GB RAM)
Carolina Vanguard Frugal /Arch Linux Antergos - Lenovo G4070[/i]

starhawk

#97 Post by starhawk »

Where did you get that shirt??? Seriously, I want one too!

nancy reagan

promoting puppy the easy (effective ?) way

#98 Post by nancy reagan »

I think I am promoting Puppy by daily going passed Distrowatch - with a clean cache (so they do not think I keep ticking) - and click Puppy (atm 14th and going down ...).

Besides I think they spoiled the (front ?) page of derivates, where they all were showed with their desktop/homepage. About 10 at a page. Better showing off than a sequential order of titles.

gcmartin

#99 Post by gcmartin »

One of the questions posed by the author in the opening post, asks: "What else can we do to promote Puppy?"

How many of us have thought about the many things that PUPPY does today that was unheard of when this post started?

Puppy really does have some modern items which I feel would be attractions to experienced, new to Linux users of 2015.

Unfortunately, we don't have a current means to show this in an easy to see view of PUPPY's functionality. And, certainly, we don't present what really sets PUPPY apart (it not just our size which someone coming to Puppyland with a 2GB RAM PC doesn't cares about...certainly not a Mac/Windows user). Functionality is what needs to begin to express why one would want to use Puppy!

Once connected to the forum, there is possibly a need for an easy to find webpage showing all the differing versions, built or remastered, in such a way as any user can choose the specific PUP which provides the usefulness he seeks in a stable PC OS. PUPPY's current forum software make make finding this easy, but if not, maybe the PUPPY Forum backup site is the place where this could be housed to be kept current.

Its an idea/concept to consider to address the question originally asked. As such, DistroWatch might be useful when users use it in search for a Linux variant ... should such a central selection page be available.

I think there will be some renewed interest in Linux after Windows10 releases to the public. But, we will need to make the offerings of Puppy easy to understand and select, to stop the slide. For 60 days or so after that, we can expect the onslaught. There is going to be new Hardware, new Laptops, new Tablets, new boxes without monitors, and new architectures which is going to capture public's attentions in the fall.

Again, it just one concept to consider. There are others.

caiosama

#100 Post by caiosama »

starhawk wrote:Where did you get that shirt??? Seriously, I want one too!
I made it here in Chile http://www.asuntopolera.com/ and i took the idea from here:

http://www.cafepress.com/+puppy-linux+t-shirts

Hope that im not breaking any copyright law of the Puppy logo :shock:

If you want one, i can make more shirts, i guess :)
[i]Pupjibaro 1.0.4 2015 / LxpupTahr 15.05.2 - Live USB - Dell D630
Precise 5.7.1 - Full installation - Asus EeePC 701 4G (2 GB RAM)
Carolina Vanguard Frugal /Arch Linux Antergos - Lenovo G4070[/i]

GarySmith

Promoting Puppy

#101 Post by GarySmith »

Yes, an inexpensive Christmas gift will work well. I like the idea and on a DVD mailable too.

Nice work with this forum post of ideas.

Gary
______

Antipodal

Re: How YOU Can Promote Puppy

#102 Post by Antipodal »

Dear benali72:

On Thu 28 Aug 2008, 10:54 in this same thread you asked us:
What do you do to promote Puppy?
My answer is
I try to understand how Puppies work and how to take advantage of all their positive features.
I believe that if I master their use I will be able to promote them more efficiently.
That’s not an easy task for those of us with little knowledge about information technology.
That is why following an advice you conveyed on that same post:
* Help build the value of the Puppy community by participating in Puppy's forums
I have done what is described in this thread

I think the results of this survey can be useful not only for me but also for many other potentially interested in Puppy.

Best regards.

pp4mnklinux

pUPPy blog..... HELP NEEDED

#103 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Attachments
puppy murga linux.png
(67.94 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
Distro: xenialpup64 7.5 XXL
Desktop Panel: JWM ~ FbBox 5.0

TuxMarc

#104 Post by TuxMarc »

Hi !
I am promoting Puppy Linux on forums when someone is stuck while installing a too fat ISO on a computosaur or when they are looking for an alternative to a disused version of windoze :wink:

The biggest problem is coming from the basic language used on the official distro, but if the user is not fluent in English, fortunately, in France we have Toutou Linux, very well translated into French.
All versions are not available, but it is anyway a perfect help.
Looking for info, I have discovered a version for schools : Toutou Edux, based on 4.3.1.
I shall promote Toutou Edux to fight the recent contract between the French Ministry of Education with ......... micro$oft, perfect for creating future slaves with windoze :twisted:

The French slogan is : n'achetez pas un nouvel ordinateur, téléchargez en un meilleur ! = do not buy a new computer, download a better one !

Long live Puppy !!! :D

abhishek-kumar

Promoting Puppy !

#105 Post by abhishek-kumar »

Hello ,

I am promoting puppy in various ways.

Giving to my colleagues, and recommending them to my friends. Also making blog posts on Puppy Linux. I am not that good in bash but I am contributing in its development little by little. I am good in web development so I was contributing to puppylinux.com made some SEO enhancements (more popularity ) . I will do some design enhancements if I could get some inputs from other developers of Puppy Linux

I have few more ideas such as posting a article on medium.https://medium.com/. This OS has given a new life to my old computer. I will not let puppy Linux disappear ! :twisted: I was thinking making a new forum however too many forums is probably not a good idea as people who could help in different topics will be scattered on different forums and new users will not be able to get proper help.

musher0

#106 Post by musher0 »

Many thanks, abhishek-kumar.

We need more Puppy-ists like you ! :)

Bye for now.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Pelo

promote Puppy outside, not inside

#107 Post by Pelo »

As European teams, promote Puppy outside, not inside. These videos are created by Puppy members, not by external professional experts.
And with our Puppy tools from the menu. Teams are members who meet somewhere, in hungaria, they have an office, in Italia they have a Workshop and show Puppy Linux in international exhibitions.
France ? Bah.. still frozen... A Champion emigrates first to Shane, then USA to share his dynamism, it was to much for us, petits mangeurs de grenouilles.
Facebook :?: quelle honte, disent-ils (FaceBook, shame, shame on you, sing our french Toutou Linux VIPs)
Attachments
italiano.jpg
Italians make Puppy LINUX show in International forum
(17.81 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Last edited by Pelo on Thu 08 Sep 2016, 05:22, edited 3 times in total.

puppyluvr

#108 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
Well, although I believe my Puppy Linux Users Group with 2500 or so members worldwide on Facebook has done a lot to promote Puppy, (A lot more than 3 non "social media" websites I created ever could), I think MultiPup has been the most useful thing I ever did.
Not every puppy is right for every situation or equipment.
But the ability to carry a selection of them and determine which one works best on the spot is phenomenal...
That's why I made that s#%t!!!
Its current maintainers/developers have expanded it to USB as well.
Anyhow, take off your tinfoil hats and join the Facebook group!!
I could use some knowledgeable heads. Not that we don't already have some of the best. But the more the merrier. Especially if you are multilingual, because I'm not.....
Our Group represents people from every corner of the planet.
Yes, OUR Group...
Just look at who the administrator of the Puppy Linux Users Group on this forum is.....
8)
#Edit....
So apparently now there is no Puppy Linux Users Group on this Forum...
But apparently I am the administrator of the Puppy Linux Documentation Project.
(Ironically the name of one of the very unsuccessful websites I started.)
Even though I named the Facebook group The Puppy Linux users group because I was the administrator of that page....
So what's up guys???
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

Sailor Enceladus

#109 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

@puppyluvr: What is multipup? What puppies does it have? I just use grub4dos to have many puppies and try new ones. :)

puppyluvr

#110 Post by puppyluvr »

Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...