Puppy Drive Mounter

Please post any bugs you have found
Lobster
Official Crustacean

Puppy Drive Mounter

#1 Post by Lobster »

:oops:

Not sure if this is a bug or has not been implemented yet . . .
The Puppy Drive Mounter (vast improvement - very nice appearance) is mounting and reading my CD and floppy
It registers the HD but does not read it. The button does not seem to even activate - even the mouse over is not working, where as with floppy and CD there is a reaction . . .

I enclose a pic to show how neat looking it is . . .
:)

OK gonna try USB next . . .

HD access works with Mut OK
- MUT has been upgraded too - gonna try my camera (claws and fingers crossed)
Attachments
PuppyDriveMounter.jpg
(22.81 KiB) Downloaded 628 times
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

aahhaaa

#2 Post by aahhaaa »

Lobster-

I was just reading an old Mandrake manual, it said that Linux doesn't actually mount drives, it mounts filesystems.

I sorta get that, but am not sure I see all the implications. Are they important in Puppy? (Sorry if this is a bit OT.)

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

There's plenty of confusion to go around when it comes to the terms used to refer to drives and so forth. I believe that in this case the term drive is used to refer to a hard drive partition, which is more or less by definition formatted for only one filesystem. There's a bit more on the subject in the Wiki under MounTing and FileSystems

Jesse

Re: Puppy Drive Mounter

#4 Post by Jesse »

Lobster wrote::oops:

Not sure if this is a bug or has not been implemented yet . . .
The Puppy Drive Mounter (vast improvement - very nice appearance) is mounting and reading my CD and floppy
It registers the HD but does not read it. The button does not seem to even activate - even the mouse over is not working, where as with floppy and CD there is a reaction . . .

I enclose a pic to show how neat looking it is . . .
:)

OK gonna try USB next . . .

HD access works with Mut OK
- MUT has been upgraded too - gonna try my camera (claws and fingers crossed)
If you booted off the hard disk then 'unmounting' the hard disk is a very bad idea, as it contains your root filesystem, and kernel canot run without a root filesystem.

The thing that will change how MUT works with your USB products is if the kernel has new or updated USB module support. A 2.6.x kernel might do it, have you tried with puppy 1.0.2?

Jesse

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#5 Post by Lobster »

Thanks for the info. I use gkam so the USB is not too important for the camera until we move or have the option for the 2.6 kernel.

I tried MUT in the forlorn hope that it would recognise my wacom tablet after some efforts to install a driver - still working towards that.

Does Mut recognise NTFS hard drives? (not that I have any)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D