Puppy's Games

Play with your Puppy.
battleshooter

Puppy's Games

#1 Post by battleshooter »

Edit: This post will no longer be updated. HairyWill has kindly transferred these games to the Wiki. The Puppy Wiki will now be (hopefully) the most up to date collection of Puppy's Games. So if you know any games that aren't added, you can add them to the Wiki.

It's quite amazing when people say there aren't any games for Linux, I can tell you personally, there are lot of games for Puppy, let alone Linux. It's hard to keep track of all Pups games, so I stuck some here. If you know stuff like version numbers, original posts, or stuff I've missed, please let me know.

Just to give credit, where credit is due, I took most of the references from Deshlabs' new (old) index, and pretty much all the descriptions are from different websites.

Xorg_OPENGL and xorg_DRI_MODULES are from petget, most games require these so you might as well install them all if you're into games.

Even though I mention Barrage has the SDL libs, there's no actual need to install Barrage to play all the games. I just mention it so you don't overlap for no reason. Simply install this for SDL libs:

SDL.pet

I combined all of Ttuuxxx's packages at the bottom of the page into this pet so you won't need to install them if you use this one.

Edit: I've updated this SDL file with MU's Doom SDL file over Ttuuxxx's SDL stuff as nothing seems to beat MU's trusty SDL. No offence Ttuuxxx. :oops:

Action
Adventure
Puzzle
RPG
Stratergy
Other
Card and Board
Last edited by battleshooter on Fri 13 Feb 2009, 01:25, edited 12 times in total.

battleshooter

Action

#2 Post by battleshooter »

Genre: Action

3DPong (Version ???, released Jun 07, 2005) - 3dpong.zip

3D Pong is a one- or two-player, three dimensional sports game, based on the first arcade game ever made, "Pong" from Atari. Each player controls their "paddle" with the mouse, and tries to score by bouncing a ball into the other player's goal (just behind the paddle).

Original Post

*Abuse (Version ???, released May , 2008) - abuse.pup 4518k

This is a 2D platform game with a dark, gritty feel. The lighting is beautiful and the character animation is very realistic. (If you're into that kinda thing) Multiplayer (IPX or TCP/IP) is supposedly supported in version 1.1.0

SDL and SDL_mixer are needed. If you installed Barrage, you have them.

Original Post

*Armagetronad (Version ???, released Apr 7, 2007) - armagetronad-0.2.8.1.pet 2433k

Armagetron is a multiplayer game in 3d that attempts to emulate and expand on the lightcycle sequence from the movie Tron. It's an old school arcade game slung into the 21st century. Highlights include a customizable playing arena, HUD, unique graphics, and AI bots. For the more advanced player there are new game modes and a wide variety of physics settings to tweak as well.

Original Post

Asteroids (Version 1.0, released Jul 31, 2007) - asteroids-1.0.tar.bz2 14.99 KB

Asteroids is a simulation game where you have to shoot in some asteroids. Asteroids is a clone of asteroids game. Control your spaceship with the mouse, shoot rocks until they vaporize completely. Click fires.

The download only contains one file. Extract where ever you wish and asteroids to play, or if extracted to /usr/bin, type "asteroids" in a console.

Original Post

Asylum (SDL) (Version 0.2.4, released Aug 23, 2008) - asylum-0.2.4.pet 375.02K

Young Sigmund has a few problems. To help him resolve his mental instability you must enter the surreal world of his inner mind and shut down the malfunctioning brain cells.

A port of Digital Psychosis' 1994 platform shooter for the Acorn Archimedes.

The game revolves around shooting anything which moves, collecting anything which doesn't move, and, most importantly, finding your way to each of the eight pulsating neurons scattered through the immense map. Guide Sigmund through the Ego, Psyche and Id zones - each one 300 times the size of the screen - to locate the eight renegade neurons, entering them one by one to find and trigger their self-destruct system.

The game takes quite awhile to start, as it loads sound files. If in doubt, try running asylum in a console.

SDL libs needed. If you installed Barrage, you have them.

Original Post

Barrage (Version ???, released Aug 05, 2005) - barrage.pup 829 KB

Barrage is a rather violent action game with the objective to kill and destroy as many targets as possible within 3 minutes. You control a gun that may either fire small or large grenades at soldiers, jeeps and tanks. Targets are fast paced and require careful aiming as it takes half a second to reload the gun. Additionally you have to keep an eye on your ammo and reload in time. Useful to kill some minutes of idle time. :)

Original Post

Bomns (Version 0.99.1, released Dec 04, 2008) - bomns-0.99.1.pet 310.56 KB

Bomns for Linux is a fast-paced multiplayer deathmatch arcade game. Its gameplay is best described as "old-school," as it is based on the popular text-based Bomns franchise. It has several modern conveniences, however, such as a level editor and GTK2 configuration tool. Despite the name, Bomns for Linux is quite portable and can easily be built on nearly any platform.

"But why do the graphics suck?" I hear you ask. It's tradition. Keep in mind that Bomns was originally a text-based game, and these sprites are all based on the characters we used back in the old days.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Breakout (Version ???, released Aug 16, 2007) - breakout.tar.gz 15.98 KB

This version of breakout is written in tcl.

The archive just contains one file which you can extract anywhere. to play, type ./breakout, or click on the file.

Original Post

*BugSquish (Version ???, released Jan 21, 2007) - bugsquish.pup 399.77 KB

All I can say is somebody had too much free time...

You must use your mouse to click various types of bugs before the suck your arm dry of blood. Score multipliers and extra blood also appear.

Original Post

BurgerSpace (Version 1.8.2, released Sep 2, 2007) - burgerspace-1.8.2-i486.pet 98.84 KB

BurgerSpace is a game in which you are a chef, and must walk over hamburger ingredients (buns, meat, and lettuce) to make them fall from floor to floor, until they end up on the plates at the bottom of the screen. It requires the SDL multimedia library. It is a clone of the 1982 BurgerTime video game by Bally Midway.

Requires thisflatzebra lib and SDL libs which are in Barrage.

Original Post

Colliding (Version ???, released Sep 28, 2007) - colliding.zip 2.31 KB

The object of Colliding is to move the red block with your mouse, and avoid hitting blue blocks & the wall as long as possible.

The zip file contains only one file, colliding.tcl, click on this file to play.

Original Post

Cosmosmash (Version 1.4.2, released Sep 03, 2007) - cosmosmash-1.4.2-i486.pet 61.5 KB

Cosmosmash is a clone of the 1981 Astrosmash video game. You control a base that must destroy rocks before they hit the ground, or you lose points. You must also prevent "spinners" from touching the ground, or your base will explode.

Use the left and right arrow keys to move, the down arrow key for hyperspace, and P to pause the game and resume it. The Escape key quits the game.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Deadly Cobra (Version 0.7.0, released May 31, 2008) - deadlycobra-0.7.0.pet 330K

Deadly Cobra is an SDL based game similar to the classic Nibbles or snake game. The point is to eat as many "Men" as possible without eating yourself or hitting a wall. Features include single & multiplayer modes, cool 2-D graphics and great music. Good spin on a classic.

Background music is available on the original post. Requires SDL libs. Barrage has them.

Original Post

D2X (Version ???, released Apr 7, 2007) - d2x.pup 7433k

A 3D space shooter. Includes shareware data. You'll want to adjust the screen size, it's under options, screen res. The executable is found in /usr/local/share/games/d2x.

Original Post

Deathchase (Version ???, released Aug 06, 2005) - deathchase.pup 20.17 KB

Deathchase 3D is a remake of the Spectrum game of the same name, which is itself based on the sequence in "Return of the Jedi" chasing Stormtroopers through the forests of Endor on light-speeders. It's a fake perspective 3D game: avoid the trees and shoot the bad guys ahead of you. It uses the SDL library. (Comes with Barrage)

Original Post

Digger (Version ???, released Aug 16, 2007) - digger.bz2 63.15 KB

Remake of the classic DOS game Digger

Join the search for buried treasures of sparkling gold and shining emeralds. With chomping front jaws, your motorized Digger Mobile puts you in the driver's seat. Tunnel out free form mazes, outsmart the wide-eyed Nobbins and race to collect precious gems. Count on your wits - you'll need them!

Your aim is to collect precious gold and emeralds buried deep in subterranean levels of an old abandoned mine. With your motorized Digger Mobile, you tunnel out new shafts, scoop up emeralds and race ahead while dodging falling bags of gold and avoiding wide-eyed Nobbins hot on your trail. Valuable gold nuggets are stashed in heavy bags throughout the mine. You can push the bags down open shafts to break them open and expose the glimmering gold inside. This is your chance to scoop up the riches before the Nobbins beat you to it. To advance to a more challenging level with more Nobbins, Hobbins and gems, you must scoop up all the emeralds of destroy all the Nobbins in the current level.

There is only 1 file included in the archive, the actual game, digger, so you can extract it to wherever you want. Click "digger" to play. For more command line options, see original post.

Requires SDL

Original Post

GnuRobbo (Version 0.57, released Jul 28, 2007) - gnurobbo-0.57-i486.pet 64.35 KB

GNURobbo project is a game ported from the Atari XE/XL.

The player has to rescue Robbo the robot from an unfriendly planet and help him collect all the parts of a capsule so he can go to another level.

Play by typing gnurobbo in a console, or clicking on /usr/local/bin/gnurobbo.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Holotz's Castle (Version 1.3.11, released Aug 25, 2008) - holotz-castle-1.3.11.pet 3548k

Help Ybelle and Ludar escape from Holotz's Castle! A great mystery is hidden beyond the walls of Holotz's Castle. Will you be able to help Ybelle and Ludar to escape alive from the castle?

Holotz's Castle is a neat Lode Runner-style game that combines the key-collecting, hole-hopping fun of Lode Runner with an interesting plot that features some funny dialogues and interesting NPCs. Your goal in this 2D side-scroller is to find and collect all the keys on each level and make it to the exit before time runs out. Although you only have one life, the game automatically saves every time you exit, and you can save your game at any point.

SDL libs needed. If you installed Barrage, you have them.

Original Post

*Kraptor (Version ???, released Sep 18, 2008) - kraptor.pet 10.23 MB

After years of oppression, the slaved people of the world have raised against their masters. You, has a mercenary pilot, has been contacted by the popular rebellion to fight against the forces of oppression.
In the morning, you jump into your cockpit and start up the engines.
Its time to get airborne and start the attack.

Kraptor is a classic shoot 'em up scroller game, where you must fight against tons of bad dudes.The game offers high speed action, with massive destruction and lots of fun. Kraptor features a powerful engine for 2D shooter scroller games. Massive destruction, powerful weapons, all that you always wanted in this kind of games!

Original Post

LBreakout2 (Version ???, released Aug 09, 2005) - lbreakout.pup 2.6 MB

LBreakout2 is a breakout-style arcade game in the manner of Arkanoid. Use your paddle to aim a ball at bricks until all bricks are destroyed. Lots of power-ups will help you with that task: extra balls, energy balls, extra lifes, weapons, glue, bonus floors, paddle expansion and extra score. Your best results are saved in a highscore chart.

LBreakout2 also offers you a new challenge in more than 50 levels with loads of new bonuses (goldshower, joker, explosive balls, bonus magnet ...), maluses (chaos, darkness, weak balls, malus magnet ...) and special bricks (growing bricks, explosive bricks, regenerative bricks ...). If you are still hungry for more after that you can create your own levelsets with the integrated level editor.

Original Post

Linball (Version ???, released Aug 20, 2008) - linball-i486.pet 2 MB

Linball is an open source pinball simulation. Seems to still be in the works.

Requires SDL libs. Barrage has them.

Original Post

Nevernoid (Version 1.2, released Aug 24, 2007) - nevernoid1-1.2-i486.pet 201.28 KB nevernoid2-1.2-i486.pet 1022.81 KB

NeverNoid is an Arkanoid clone. The name NeverNoid is a bit of a wordjoke :) "Nooit" is dutch for "Never" and is pronounced the same way as "Noid". "Never nooit" is also an expression you hear in The Netherlands sometimes and simply means "Never ever". This is basically a variation of Breakout.

The first .pet contains the program binary & levels, whereas the 2nd .pet contains the sounds & background music. It should work without the 2nd file, but your "experience" will be flatter without the "mood" musak. Type nevernoid to start, or click on /usr/bin/nevernoid.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Offender (Version ???, released Aug 06, 2005) - offender.pup 288.47 KB

Typical 80s 2D space shooter. Think Galaxa except you can move up and down as well as left to right.

Original Post

Scavenger (Version 1.4.5, released Oct 7, 2008) - sdlscav-145.pet 227.25 KB

Scavenger project is a Lode Runner arcade game clone. You've got to run around and collect objects while avoiding enemies. Some objects are buried and you've got to dig down to get at them.

It's an addictive game and some of the levels are devilishly (cruelly) complicated to solve. There used to be a $20 prize for finishing, but I think it's over now :)

GuestToo compiled a pup and some cheats, but unfortunately they seem to all be corrupted.

Original Post
Related Post

Star Fighter (Version 1.1, released Sep 15, 2008) - starfighter_1.1.pet 2468K

After decades of war one company, who had gained powerful supplying both sides with weaponary, steps forwards and crushes both warring factions in one swift movement. Using far superior weaponary and AI craft, the company was completely unstoppable and now no one can stand in their way. Thousands began to perish under the iron fist of the company. The people cried out for a Saviour, for someone to light this dark hour... and someone did.

Star Fighter takes place 500 years in the future where a corporation has grown too powerful and is controlling the entire universe. You play the role of a lone starfighter pilot. On your way to galactic liberation you'll meet fellow pilots who will join your cause and help you during battle. A bit like a polished Galaga with nice sounds, saves and upgrades.

Original Post

SuperTux (Version ???, released Dec 15, 2005) - SuperTux.pet 7.36 MB

I could never try and collect all the games and skip out on SuperTux. :) SuperTux is a classic 2D jump'n run sidescroller game in a style similar to the original SuperMario games. Controlled by keyboard the tux can go forward, back and jump. Tux has to overcome a lot of obstacles during his way and to collect gold coins. When he hits a box with question marks then he can pick up additional coins, a flower (which enables him to throw stones to delete deadly moving creatures), a white star (which enlarges his time to reach the door out of this level). If you fail, you can start at this level again and you are not thrown back to the beginning.

SDL and SDL_mixer are needed. If you installed Barrage, you have them. You may also need xorg_OPENGL and xorg_DRI_MODULES from petget. Installs to my-roxapps.

Original Post

Tower Toppler (Version 1.1.3, released Jun 13, 2006) - toppler1-1.1.3-i486.pet 977.03 KB toppler2-1.1.3-i486.pet 633.96 KB

Tower Toppler is a clone of the 8-bit NES game "Castlelian". This is a jump and run game where a cute little green animal has to reach a special door at the top of a tower by jumping and using elevators. The main obstacle in doing this are a lot of other creatures that push you over the edge of the platform you are walking on and make you fall down.

The first pet contains the binary & data files, whereas the second pet has the .ogg sound file & locales. Probably both are required for it to work.

Requires SDL

Original Post

uxTank (Version 1.1, released Jun 17, 2008) - uxtank1.1.pet 197.6K

The objective of the games are to shoot everything that appears and to capture all the bonuses that you can. For every 10000 points an extra tank is obtained.

Requires SDL libs.

Original Post

*Virus Killer (Version ???, released May 20, 2008) - viruskiller-1.0-i486.pet 4.2 MB

Your computer has been invaded! Dozens of little viruses are pouring in via security holes in Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft MSN Messenger and Microsoft Recycle Bin!! Using your trusty mouse you must shoot the buggers before they can destroy your files! Some will steal them from their home directories and take them back to their security hole. Others will just eat them right there on the spot! See how long you and your computer can survive the onslaught!

Original Post

Voom aka Tanks (Version ???, released Aug 08, 2005) - voom.pup 107.22 KB

World of Voom is an artillery game inspired by Tank Wars (a small game popular in the 90s). It is turn-based and can be played by 1-10 players on a single machine. There is a wide array of weapons and computer opponents to choose from. Seems to remind me a bit of Worms.

Original Post

Wartimes (Version ???, released Sep 22, 2005) - 2332war.pup 4.9 MB

"Fight with all your might against people that don't exist in a war that never happened!"

Wartimes is a dynamic shooting game with simple graphic. Survive and destroy enemy troops.

SDL and SDL_mixer are needed. If you installed Barrage, you have them. You may also need xorg_OPENGL and xorg_DRI_MODULES from petget. Installs to my-roxapps. Click wartimes to play.

Original Post

XBill (Version 2.1, released Jul 16, 2007) - xbill-2.1-i486.pet 45.17 KB

An evil hacker known only as "Bill" has created a virus which resembles a popular operating system. This virus has the potential of turning even the most powerful computer into nothing more than a toaster. As a sysadmin, your job is to squish the evil Bill clones before they can infect your computers with the Wingdows virus. The latest version has more OS icons (including the Linux penguin), and LANs which can spread the virus to networked computers. This is incredibly cute; every anti-Microsoft Linux fan should see this.

Original Post

Xrick (Version ???, released Apr 7, 2007) - xrick.pup 1.5 MB

xrick is a clone of the platform game Rick Dangerous. Walk through the maps, avoid traps, kill the Bad Guys... and try to stay alive long enough to accomplish your mission!

Rick can fire bullets, lay sticks of dynamite, walk, crawl, climb, and also poke walls or Bad Guys with his stick. Poking walls can trigger traps, open doors, etc. although sometime a dynamite stick or a bullet is needed. Go figure. Rick starts with six bullets in his gun, and six sticks of dynamite, as shown by the icons at the top of the screen.

SDL and SDL_mixer are needed. If you installed Barrage, you have them. You may also need xorg_OPENGL and xorg_DRI_MODULES from petget.

Original Post

*Xsoldier (Version 1.4, released May 11, 2008) - xsoldier-1.4.pet 70.73 KB

You control a space ship in a vertically scrolling window and shoot enemies. If you kill the boss enemy which appears at the end of each stage, or if you can survive till the boss enemy gets bored with you and escapes, you can go to the next stage.

xsoldier has a unique feature --- the "not shooting" bonus. You can get a pretty good score by not pressing the shoot button. After all, if the game is a simple kill-everything and shooting is always a good thing, why do I have to press a shoot button? You can play xsoldier as a simple kill-everything (and it is the best way to survive), but if you care your score, you need to kill all enemies with a minimum number of bullets.

Original Post
Last edited by battleshooter on Sat 11 Apr 2009, 10:02, edited 20 times in total.

battleshooter

Adventure

#3 Post by battleshooter »

Genre: Adventure

Colossal Cave Adventure (Version 770, released Jul 16, 2005) - adv770.tgz 11.34 KB

It's a text adventure game, what else can I say about it? It starts somewhere gloomy underground. The screenshot should say it all.

Extract to /root/my-applications/

If you find it's your kind of thing, there are more to be find here. Install the same way.

Original Post
Last edited by battleshooter on Tue 23 Sep 2008, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94580]LMMS 1.0.2[/url], [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94593]Ardour 3.5.389[/url], [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94629]Kdenlive 0.9.8[/url]

battleshooter

Puzzle

#4 Post by battleshooter »

Genre: Puzzle

5Ball (Version 0.41, released Aug 14, 2007) - 5ball-0.41-i486.pet 379.83 KB

This is a logic game, lining up 5 balls of like color to get them off a grid, to keep the grid from filling up. Made for 1024x768 or better screen resolution, but also has an 800x600 setting. It looks a lot like klines, but with bigger balls. 5ball is actually a modification of gtkBalls (a game similar to klines but with several features giving it loads of potential

Play by typing 5ball, or by clicking on /usr/local/bin/5ball

Requires SDL

Original Post

Bastet (Bastard Tetris) (Version 0.41, released May 13, 2005) - bastet.pet 10.6 KB

"For people who enjoy swearing at their computer, Bastet (short for Bastard Tetris) is an attractive alternative to Microsoft Word." (taken from http://hublog.hubmed.org)

Have you ever thought Tetris(R) was evil because it wouldn't send you that straight "I" brick you needed in order to clear four rows at the same time? Well Tetris(R) probably isn't evil, but Bastet certainly is. >:-) Bastet stands for "bastard tetris", and is a simple ncurses-based Tetris(R) clone for Linux. Unlike normal Tetris(R), however, Bastet does not choose your next brick at random. Instead, Bastet uses a special algorithm designed to choose the worst brick possible. As you can imagine, playing Bastet can be a very frustrating experience!

Original Post

Berusky (Version 1.1, released Jul 20, 2007) - berusky-1.1-i486.pet 894.11 KB

A free logic game, published under GNU Public License and it's based on an ancient puzzle named Sokoban.

An old idea of moving boxes in a maze has been expanded with new logic items such as explosives, stones, special gates and so on. In addition, up to five bugs can cooperate and be controlled by the player.

In order to leave each level (there's about 120 levels in the game) it is necessary to own five keys and also to have a free way to the exit.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Biniax (Version 1.2, released Jul 26, 2007) - biniac-1.2-i486.pet 41.41 KB

Biniax is very simple arcade/logic game with unique gameplay.

The gaming field is a 5x7 grid, filled partially with pairs of elements. Every pair consists of two different elements combined of four possible. You control the box with an element inside. You can move around the field on empty spaces. You can also remove pairs of elements, if you have the same element as the one of the pair. When you remove the pair, your element becomes the other element of the pair and the score is increased. The gaming field scrolls down and your goal is to stay as long as possible on the field. At the last line, if you can not take the pair in front of you, the scrolling will move your block out and the game will end!

Play by typing biniac, or clicking on /usr/bin/biniac

Requires SDL

Original Post

Block Attack (Version 1.3.0, released Dec 7, 2008) - 4.3M Block Attack - Rise of the Blocks is ... ginal Post

Block Rage (Version 0.2.3, released Dec 7, 2008) - blockrage-0.2.3.pet 55 KB

Block Rage is falling blocks game with a 2-player hoseat mode, detailed graphics and animated plasmatic backgrounds. It is a remake of the awesome DOS classic Xixit.

At present, the game is fully playable, but the graphics and sounds are mostly placeholders, and there's no music yet.

Compiled in Puppy 4.1. Type "blockrage" in terminal to play. I am unsure of the requirements.

Original Post

Connectk (Version 2.0, released Sep 23, 2007) - connectk-2.0.tar.bz2 26.94 KB

The Connect-k family of games contains games defined by three parameters: k, p, and q. The game is played on a Go-style (but not necessarily size) board. There are two players, black and white, who take turn placing stones on the board. The first player (black) plays q stones on the first turn and each player then plays p stones on every succeeding turn. The first player to form a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal sequence of k stones wins. To play against the computer you need to setup either the white, or black, player as non-human.

Extract to /. Type connectk in a console to play.

Original Post

Connect4 (Version 2, released Oct 04, 2007) - Connect4v2_tcl-i486.pet 923.85 KB

Connect4 is an implementation of the classic, two-player, Connect Four game. Each player has a color, either black or red, and they take turns putting their pieces in. The first player with four pieces in a row at any angle wins the round.

Type connect4 to play.

Original Post

Devet (Version 1.3, released Jul 26, 2007) - devet-1.3-i486.pet 122.11 KB

Devet can be your game... No matter how old you are, and no matter how fast are your reactions. No violence, no weapons, no enemies. Just a strategy. And a little piece of luck :) Devet is an original logic / strategy / puzzle game for one player.

The goal of the game is to place as much as possible elements to the gaming board, which is a quad-grid 5x5 (but may vary). Elements are 2, 3 and 4 sided squares in all variations - 11 type of elements. For the official rules, click here

Original Post

EggChess (Version ???, released Feb 18, 2008) - eggchess.tar.gz 117.69 KB KB

Not sure about the name, as it's more like tic-tac-toe with eggs!

Extract to / , then run by entering eggchess in a console window.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Einstein (Version 2.0, released Aug 21, 2008) - einstein-2.0.pet 737K

Einstein puzzle is a free cross-platform open source remake of old DOS game Sherlock which was inspired by Albert Einstein's puzzle. Einstein said that only those with an intelligence quotient of 98 percentile and higher should be able to solve it.

The game goal is to open all cards in square of 6x6 cards. For this, a number of hints describing relations between card positions are given. Use them to find the correct layout.

Einstein 2.0 features sound support, full internalization, Russian localization, reengineered resource subsystem to allow custom graphics themes and in-game rules browser.

Original Post

Enigma (Version 1.01, released Dec 13, 2008) - enigma-1.01-i686.pet 11 MB

Enigma is a puzzle game inspired by Oxyd on the Atari ST and Rock'n'Roll on the Amiga. The object of the game is to find uncover pairs of identically colored Oxyd stones. Simple? Yes. Easy? Certainly not! Hidden traps, vast mazes, laser beams, and, most of all, countless hairy puzzles usually block your direct way to the Oxyd stones …

Requires SDL

Original Post

Epiphany (Version 0.6.1, released Aug 17, 2007) - epiphany-0.6.1-i486.pet 607.91 KB

Epiphany is (or wants to be :) a multiplatform clone of Boulderdash. The player must collect all valuable minerals scattered in levels, avoiding being hit by a falling boulder, or (worst) by a bomb.

Play by typing epiphany in a console window, or click on /usr/bin/epiphany.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Escape (Version v3 Beta, released Dec 21, 2007) - escape-v3beta.pet 749.02 KB

Escape is a fun puzzle game in the tradition of Adventures of Lolo or Chip's Challenge (see the screenshots below). Unlike either of those games, Escape doesn't rely at all on reflexes—it's all about your brain.

Original Post

Fltetris (Version ???, released Jun 4, 2008) - fltetris-1.0.pet 47k

Lightweight tetris program that uses Fltk libraries.

Original Post

GLPeces (Version ???, released Dec 03, 2008) - ???

PIECES is a program to play the traditional Tangram, game of Chinese origin. It consists on constructing shapes with some polygonal pieces. Traditionally the game has seven pieces, but there are also variations with 5,14 pieces and others.

The program PIECES allows you:

To play the tangram in 18 different modalities.
To create your own shapes.
To elaborate more that 3000 shapes proposed by the program.
To preserve your personal records.

Original Post

gSoko (Version ???, released Dec 29, 2005) -gsoko.tar.gz 62.94 KB gsoko.tar.gz (Muggins' newer version with more levels) 66.18 KB

gSoko is a gtk+ clone of the famous Sokoban game. The goal of the game is to push all the boxes on the squares with a red pattern. Nice graphics.

Original Post
Original Post

Hang It (Version 0.7.0, released Sep 27, 2008) - hangit-0.7.0.gz 8.47K

This program is a hangman game, based on that fun game that most of you have probably played on the chalkboard to kill time during school. It tries to recreate this simple environment by using white on black graphics and simple text-based art.

Original Post

Hangman (GTK) (Version 1.0, released Sep 25, 2008) - hangman-1.0.pet 1070K

This version of hangman has got a hundred words and their pictures. You can get an user name and play with it. Score calculate and timeout functions are available. It's got an highscore window and you can look highscores.

Original Post

Hangman (SDL)(Version 0.9.2, released Sep 27, 2008) - hangman-0.9.2.pet 382K

Challenge your spelling skills in the old western style. Get it right and we'll let you try again, until you get it wrong. But we will give you another chance if you get it wrong.

Challenge your spelling skills in the old western style. Get it right and we'll let you try again, until you get it wrong. But we will give you another chance if you get it wrong.

Original Post

Hex-a-hop (Version 1.0.0, released Jul 25, 2007) - hex-a-hop-1.0.0-i486.pet 863.1 KB

Hex-a-hop is a puzzle game based on hexagonal tiles. There is no time limit and no real-time elements. The objective is simply to destroy all the green hexagonal tiles on each of the 100 levels. As you progress through the game, more types of tiles are introduced, which make things more difficult and interesting (hopefully).

Run the game by typing hexahop, or clicking on /usr/bin/hexahop. When the game starts it complains about not finding certain save.dat files, but it'll be fine despite the complaint.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Hexxagon (Version 1.0, released Oct 01, 2007) - hexxagon-1.0-i486.pet 961.02 KB

For a smaller version of this game, see original post.

The goal of Hexxagon is to get more pieces than your opponent before the board is full. The pieces can clone or jump. All the opponents pieces that lies next to a moved piece will become yours.

Original Post

Icebreaker (Version 1.9.5, released Aug 03, 2007) - icebreaker-1.9.5-i486.pet 70.26 KB

An addictive action-puzzle game involving bouncing penguins

There's a bunch of penguins on an iceberg in Antarctica. You have been selected to catch them so they can be shipped to Finland, where they are essential to a secret plot for world domination. In order to trap the penguins, you'll need to break the iceberg into small chunks. (They're afraid of water, for no apparent reason. Ah well. "The Matrix" had more plot holes than this, and it still was a hit.) You do this by melting lines in the ice with Special High-Tech GNU Tools.

IceBreaker was inspired by (but is not an exact clone of) Jezzball, by Dima Pavlovsky.

Run by typing icebreaker in a console window, or clicking on /usr/local/bin/icebreaker.

Requires SDL

Original Post

InterLOGIC (Version 0.30, released Oct 16, 2007) - interlogic-0.30.tar.bz2 216.05 KB

The game InterLOGIC is based on the old Amiga logic game "Balls". The object of the game is to move balls of different colors through a maze, connecting them with other balls of the same color. Two or more connected balls of the same color will disappear. The aim of the game is to clean the whole maze in this way. The balls are connected if they are right next to each other horizontally or vertically, but not diagonally. The current release contains 30 mind-breaking levels for you to solve.

Extract to /, play by typing in a console interlogic, or clicking on /usr/bin/interlogic.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Lletters (Version 0.1.95, released Aug 07, 2007) - lletters-0.1.95-i486.pet 366.92 KB lletters-wavs.tar.bz2 (Required) 366.92 KB

Puppy 4 users please refer to original post for required libs.

Lletters is intended for children 2 and up, and is a fun learning game. It helps younger children learn their letters and numbers, while older children will improve their spelling, and vocabulary skills. It also attempts to assist them develop important keyboard and mouse skills.

Extract lletters-wavs.tar.bz2 to /

Run via Menu->Fun->Lletters, or by typing lletters in a console.

Original Post

Lmarbles (Version 1.0.7, released Jun 29, 2007) - lmarbles-1.0.7-i486.pet 682.94 KB

Marbles is an Atomix clone with a slight change in concept. Instead of assembling molecules you create figures out of marbles. Nevertheless, the basic game play is the same: If a marble starts to move it will not stop until it hits a wall or another marble. To make it more interesting there are obstacles like one-way streets, crumbling walls and portals.
As Marbles is meant as a puzzle game you play against a move limit and not a time limit. This way you have as much time as you need to think.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Lpairs(Version 1.0.4, released Nov 28, 2007) - lpairs-1.0.4.pet 128.86K

LPairs is a classical memory game. This means you have to find pairs of identical cards which will then be removed. Your time and tries needed will be counted but there is no highscore chart or limit to this. There is an option to show all cards in the beginning for a short period of time. So you can try to memorize as many cards as possible for playing. New graphics were added that are based on icons from the Tango Desktop Project (http://tango.freedesktop.org) and which give the game a more colorful, child-friendly look. Can be played in fullscreen.

Original Post

Ltris (Version 1.0.6, released Aug 06, 2005) - ltris.pup 477.26 KB

LTris as a tetris clone which means you have a bowl with blocks falling down. By rotating and moving the blocks you try to assemble whole lines which then disappear. LTris has three modes for this: Classic is the classical one where you play until the bowl becomes filled, Figures resets the bowl contents to a new figure for each level and adds suddenly appearing tiles and lines later on and Multiplayer where up to three players either controlled by human or CPU(!) compete and send completed lines to each other. Even if you don't like Tetris you can download it, just to see your CPU in action in mode Demo.

Original Post

Memory (Version ???, released Aug 08, 2005) - memory.pup 421.13 KB Martian-Memory.pet (Muggins' version) 301.17 KB

Martian Memory is a simple memory game oriented to kids featuring the Pachi el marciano's world characters. The goal of the game is to pick-up 2 identical chips from a board that contains 32. The game contains very nice visual effects, sounds and very nice music.

Original Post
Original Post

Mishigame (Version 2.0.3, released Oct 03, 2007) - mishigame-2.0.3-i486.pet 39.42 KB

Tetris clone. Again. For command line options and controls, see original post.

To play, type mishigame in a console, or click on /usr/bin/mishigame.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Othello (Version ???, released May 13, 2008) - jester-1.0-i486.pet 8.6k

Othello is a classic strategy game, also known as Reversi. Its objective is to finish the game with the greater amount of pieces (circles) of the same color.

Original Post

Pente (Version 2.2.5, released Sep 27, 2005) - pente.pet 130.38 KB

Pente is the Japanese game called ni-nuki, which is a variant of the ancient game go-moku. The players alternate in placing stones of their color on free intersections; Black begins. The players aim to create five vertically, horizontally or diagonally connected stones of their color. If two connected stones of the opponent are surrounded at both sides by a stone of the player's color as a result of that player's move, then that pair of stones is removed from the board. The player who first creates five or more connected stones or captures five or more of the opponent's pairs wins.

Pet installs to /root/my-applications/ Click "pente" to play

Note: The pup on the original post doesn't work

Original Post

Pingus (Version 0.7.2, released Jul 09, 2008) - pingus-0.7.2.pet 11.6 MB Required libs 1 MB

Pingus is a free Lemmings-like game covered under the GNU GPL. It features currently 22 playable levels. If you don't know Lemmings, here comes a short introduction. Its a puzzle game developed in 1991 by DMA Design. The player takes command in the game of a bunch of small animals and has to guide them around in levels. Since the animals walk on their own, the player can only influence them by giving them commands, like build a bridge, dig a hole or redirect all animals in the other direction. The goal of each level is to reach the exit, for fix multiple combination of commands are necessary. The game is presented in a 2D site view. It also comes with a few surprises different from the original Lemmings.

SDL is included in the "Required libs" pet. For the package without SDL (the required libs alone), see original post.

Original Post

R-Anagram (Version 1.0.0, released Jul 19, 2008) - r-anagram-1.0.0.pet 189K

Simple, fun (for word lovers) game. You're given some random letters which you click in order to form a word. When you've formed one, click on the tick and you'll be told if it's a valid word or not. The words will be recorded below. Must be more than 3 letters. The dashes are hints to words which can be formed. Good practice for Scrabble and Battle of Words. The French dictionary has been removed.

Original Post

Rocks'n'Diamonds (Version 3.2.4, released Oct 29, 2007) - rocksndiamonds-3.2.4-i486.pet 907.64 KB

Rocks'n'Diamonds is puzzle game in the spirit of Boulderdash. In fact you can play nearly all of the original Boulderdash-Caves with it, as well as Emerald Mine, Supaplex and Sokoban levels. Rocks'n'Diamonds does not exactly behave like these, but this will improve in future and most levels are already solveable by now.

Original Post

Syasokoban (Version 2.0.1, released Jun 26, 2007) - syasokoban-2.0.1-i486.pet 243.33 KB

SYASokoban project is a clone of the popular Sokoban puzzle game.

The goal is to push the crates onto the designated squares without getting stuck.

To play type syasoko in console window, or click on /usr/bin/syasoko. The levels that you've completed are stored in /root/.djgames, so deleting that file restarts at beginning level.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Taruli' (Version 0.2a, released Sep 25, 2007) - taruli-0.2a-i486.pet 352.86 KB

Taruli' is another version of the Concentration game.

To play type taruli in a console, or click on /usr/bin/taruli

Requires QT libraries.
For Puppy 2 click here
For Puppy 3 click here
For Puppy 4 click here

Original Post

Tile World (Version 1.3.0, released Jul 19, 2007) - tworld-1.3.0-i486.pet 961.83 KB

Tile World is an emulation of the game "Chip's Challenge". "Chip's Challenge" is a game made up of both intellectually engaging puzzles and situations demanding fast reflexes. As you might have guessed, it is a tile-based game. The object of each level is simply to get out -- i.e., to find and achieve the exit tile. This simple task, however, can sometimes be extremely challenging. There are also clone machines, teleports, bombs, bear traps, thieves, popup walls, and so on. Each level is an individual and unique combination of challenges. There are literally thousands of different levels which are freely available.

Requires SDL

Original Post

TuxBlocks (Version 1.0, released Jan 03, 2009) - tuxblocks-1.0.pet 533.27 KB

TuxBlocks is a 2D scrolling puzzle game in which you must pick up the blocks and place them in various parts of the level in order to reach the door (A.K.A. the Exit). Finding the door is easy because all you have to do is hold down the shift key and move the view around the level. But getting to the door is the tricky part. Don't be fooled by excess bricks placed throughout the level, because more often then not you either don't need them. So experiment around a bit, fall into traps, and get lost a few times, you'll get to the door eventually. Oh and if you get stuck just press the [ESC] key on your keyboard and select "Restart" to restart the level (costs 25points to restart level). If you feel that you are still having problems solving the level feel free to play the level solution.

Requires SDL

Original Post

Twin Distress (Version 1.1.0, released Jul 17, 2008) - twind-1.1.0.pet 104.22K
twind-music-1.1.0 2.5 MB

The object of the game is to remove all of the blocks from the screen before the time runs out. Two blocks are removed at a time, and must be of the same color. After completing a level, you will be rewarded with a bonus point for every tick left on the clock. For each level thereafter, the time to complete the the level will be shorter.

Original Post

Vitetris (Version 0.50, released Dec 24, 2007) - vitetris-0.50.pet 48.88K

Another Tetris game!? I think I'm going crazy...

Features of this exciting game would be:

* Configurable keys
* Highscore table
* Two-player mode with garbage
* Network play
* Joystick (gamepad) support on Linux or with Allegro

Original Post

Vodovod (Version 1.10, released Jul 25, 2007) - vodovod-1.10-i486.pet 402.22 KB

The goal of the game is to reach the highest possible score. You get a limited number of pipes on each level and need to combine them to lead the water from the house at the top of the screen to the storage tank at the bottom. For each pipe water goes through, you get 20 points and if you fill the cross-pipe both ways, you get 60 points. At end of each level, you are awarded depending on the skill level.

Run by typing vodovod, or clicking on /usr/bin/vodovod

Requires SDL

Original Post

Wordplay (Version 0.3, released Aug 24, 2007) - wordplay-0.3-i486.pet 246.75 KB

Wordplay is a simple anagram game. Basically you're given letters and you're to make another word from them. Good practice for Scrabble or Battle of Word fans.

Requires SDL

Original Post

WordSearch Creator (Version 0.9, released Jul 16, 2008) - wsc_0.9.pet 116.74K

Word Search Creator is an open-source wysiwyg word search worksheet creator for Windows and Linux.
Simply type a list of words and click create for a ready to print worksheet.

Requires QT4

Original Post

Xisola (Version 1.0, released Jul 16, 2007) - xisola-1.0-i486.pet 5.85 KB

Xisola is a black&white game, with very simple rules, but a bit of strategy. you have to move your piece to an adjacent square, then select a "blocking" square to try & stymie your opponent. the loser is the player unable to move.

The download consists of the one file, xisola, which is copied to /usr/bin. type in a console xisola to run.

Original Post

Xscrabble (Version ???, released Aug 06, 2005) - xscrabble.pup

This is a full multiplayer (1-4) implementation of the classic board game, with computer players, and over 118,000 word dictionary (the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary, edition 3, as used in U.S. tournaments). There is a high score table, a best single goes list, a handy setup window, and load/save facilities.

Original Post

XmGobang (Version 0.52, released Mar 05, 2008) - xmgobang-0.52-i486.pet 98.17 KB

XmGoBang is a simple board game. The aim is to get 5 stones in a row that's all.
The game algorithm itself is rather simple and was never intended to be any good. However it seems to play reasonable well, so the creator never bothered to replace it with anything better.

Original Post

Xokoban (Version 1.0, released Jul 26, 2007) - xokoban-1.0-i486.pet 42.97 KB

Xokoban is a (C++) sokoban game for X11 featuring multiple undo, recording of solutions, a demonstration mode, and a configurable color scheme. Use the mouse to move the blocks, or right click to see other options.

Run by typing xokoban, or clicking on /usr/bin/xokoban.

Original Post

Xsudoky (Version 1.0.3, released Feb 24, 2008) - xsudoky-1.0.3.pet 56.48K

Sudoku in brief: Fill in the game board so that the numbers 1 through 9 occur exactly once in each row, column, and 3x3 box. The numbers can appear in any order and diagonals are not considered. Your initial game board will consist of several numbers that are already placed. Those numbers cannot be changed. Your goal is to fill in the empty squares following the simple rule above.

Different puzzles are inside already to play, but you can download other puzzles copying from magazines or from the web utilizing a simple text editor and using a format that sweetable for your use.

Original Post

Zombies (SDL) (Version 1.0.0, released Jul 19, 2008) - sdlzombies-1.0.0.pet 585.23 KB

SDLZombies project is a zombie game clone. The purpose of the game is to attract zombies and make them fall in holes. Zombie penguins that is. :)

Original Post
Last edited by battleshooter on Sun 18 Jan 2009, 20:45, edited 26 times in total.

battleshooter

RPG

#5 Post by battleshooter »

Genre: RPG

*Epiar (Version ???, released Apr 7, 2007) - epiar.pup size Bytes

In Epiar, you begin as a shuttle pilot in a galaxy generally ruled by anarchy, with few stable governments and numerous rebel factions. You start your adventure off doing whatever you want, but generally trying to save up money for a new starship through trade and combat, and your adventure takes off from there...

Original Post

Lost Labyrinth (Version ???, released Jan 21, 2007) - Labyrinth.pup 4.5 MB

Lost Labyrinth is a bit like Roque. You create a character, with a lot of different Skills and enter a labyrinth. The goal of the game is to get as deep into the dungeon as possible. Every level, every gold coin you find and every monster you kill gets you points.

SDL and SDL_mixer are needed. If you installed Barrage, you have them. You may also need xorg_OPENGL and xorg_DRI_MODULES from petget.

Original Post

Nethack (Version 3.4.3, released Jul 14, 2005) - nethack343.pup 8.56 KB (Downloader)

NetHack is a single player dungeon exploration game that runs on a wide variety of computer systems, with a variety of graphical and text interfaces all using the same game engine. Unlike many other Dungeons & Dragons-inspired games, the emphasis in NetHack is on discovering the detail of the dungeon and not simply killing everything in sight - in fact, killing everything in sight is a good way to die quickly. Each game presents a different landscape - the random number generator provides an essentially unlimited number of variations of the dungeon and its denizens to be discovered by the player in one of a number of characters: you can pick your race, your role, and your gender.

For larger tiles, a patch can be found here

Original Post
Last edited by battleshooter on Tue 23 Sep 2008, 09:25, edited 2 times in total.

battleshooter

Strategy

#6 Post by battleshooter »

Genre: Strategy

*FreeCiv (Version 2.1.0. Beta 4, released Jul 14, 2007) - freeciv-sdl-2.1.0-beta4.pet 11 MB freeciv-gtk-2.1.0-beta4.pet 8.43 MB

Please note! You cannot have the sdl version and the gtk version installed at the same time!

The basic gist is you are administering a budding nation through history. Starting out with the simplest of tribes, you build up technology, economy, trade, and military to guide your nation to success via a number of possibly victories. You can win economically by driving all other nations into poverty. You can win militarily in the obvious manner, or you can win by advancing your sciences faster. In the original Civ games, the goal was to reach the point of launching your starship to colonize Alpha Centauri before any other nation (note, the game starts at approximately 4000BC, so you really have a long way to go before you're launching starships :)

Original Post

FreeCol (Version 0.6.1, released Jun 13, 2007) - freecol-0.6.1-installer.jar 11.2 MB

FreeCol is a turn-based strategy game based on the old game Colonization, and similar to Civilization. The objective of the game is to create an independent nation. You start with only a few colonists defying the stormy seas in their search for new land. Will you guide them on the Colonization of a New World?

Requires Java. For installation, press "`" and type "java -jar freecol-0.6.1-installer.jar"
Click on usr/local/freecol/freecol to play

Original Post

Globulation2 (Version 0.9.3 beta 3, released Sep 27, 2008) - globulation2-0.9.3b3 11 M

Globulation2 puts the player in charge of a civilization of, globs. There are various ways to win. It brings a new type of gameplay to RTS games. The player chooses the number of units to assign to various tasks, and the units do their best to satisfy the requests. This allows players to manage more units and focus on strategy rather than on micro-management. You can play Globulation 2 in single player mode, through your local network, or over the Internet with Ysagoon Online Gaming (or YOG for short).

Requires SDL libs and OpenGL. (from petget)

Original Post

LinCity (Version 1.12.1, released Aug 26, 2005) - lincity.pup 396.87 KB

Lincity is a city simulation game. (I just put it here till we have more sims) You are required to build and maintain a city. You must feed, house, provide jobs and goods for your residents. You can build a sustainable economy with the help of renewable energy and recycling, or you can go for broke and build rockets to escape from a pollution ridden and resource starved planet, it's up to you.

Note: The screenshot is in Czech but the game is in English

Original Post

LinCity NG (Version 1.0.3, released Jan 21, 2007) - Lincity-1.0.3.pup 24.57 MB

LinCity-NG is a city simulation game. It is a polished and improved version of the classic LinCity game. In the game, you are required to build and maintain a city. You can win the game either by building a sustainable economy or by evacuating all citizens with spaceships.

You may need Ndujoe1's patch if some screens don't function correctly. Also requires SDL. I can't quite remember what it needs, but you may also need xorg_OPENGL and xorg_DRI_MODULES from petget.

If anyone knows where the original post is, let me know.

Battle for Wesnoth (Version 1.4.5, released Sep 20, 2008) - wesnoth-1.4.5-i386.pet 148.84 MB

Battle for Wesnoth is a strategy game in the tradition of old school titles such as Ogre Battle. Using General units (the military rank, not the adjective), players recruit troops that they then send around a hex-grid landscape to do battle one on one with enemy units. Levels typically consist of simple objectives along the lines of defeating particular enemy units, moving friendlies to a particular area, or surviving for a set number of turns. Gamers earn gold to purchase units by controlling (moving units onto) cities around the map. These cities can also be used to grant extra defense to units and will heal units that rest upon them for a turn.

Related Post
Last edited by battleshooter on Sat 27 Sep 2008, 06:12, edited 7 times in total.

battleshooter

Other

#7 Post by battleshooter »

Genre: Other

*Frets On Fire (Version 1.2.451, released Jun 17, 2007) - FretsOnFire-1.2.451.sfs 31.6 MB

Frets on Fire is a game of musical skill and fast fingers. The aim of the game is to play guitar with the keyboard as accurately as possible. Also can import Guitar Hero songs.

Original Post

TouchMe Games (Version 0.2.3, released May 3, 2008) - touchmegames-0.2.3.pet 3427k

TouchMe Games is a collection of games the programmer wrote being tired of not having any simple, but highly addictive, games to play, like megatouch, when relaxing and throwing down a beer or two at his place.

Games include sudoku, wordhunt, tritowers, videopoker, flogthedoplhin, threescompany, compile4, consume21, foxyboxy, and secretphrase.

Original Post
Last edited by battleshooter on Wed 24 Sep 2008, 07:12, edited 2 times in total.

battleshooter

Card and Board

#8 Post by battleshooter »

Genre: Card and Board

EXchess (Version 5.01b, released May 24, 2008) - EXchess_v5.01b-i486.pet 793.72 KB

EXchess is an amateur chess program that comes with its own graphical user interface. EXchess can also be run in text mode, or it can be interfaced with standard chess interface programs like Xboard/Winboard or Arena.

Original Post

Five Chess (Version 1.06, released Aug 24, 2008) - FiveChess-1.06.pet 45.04K

Five Chess is a classical Chinese Chess game. You and the opponent will take turn to place one chess at a time to the empty cross point at the board. Whoever first puts 5 chesses in a row, column or diagonal will win. This version includes multiplayer support. This is also known as Go-moku

Requires QT3 libs

Original Post

Flash Chess (Version ???, released Jun 4, 2008) - flash-chess.pet 49k

Lightweight chess program that relies on flash.

Original Post

Jigsaw (Version ???, released Oct 30, 2007) - jigsaw.tar.gz 191.15 KB

Jigsaw Puzzler is a jigsaw puzzle game that allows jigsaws to be played, created, opened and saved. Move pieces by clicking on them and moving them. If they are dropped near their neighbouring piece, the pieces will be joined and can be moved together.

See original post concerning saving.

To play type in a console jigsaw, or click on /usr/bin/jigsaw.

Original Post

KardGT (Version 0.7.0, released Aug 14, 2008) - kardsgt-0.7.0.pet 1956K

A collection of card games. Includes:

* Crazy Eights
* Cribbage
* Euchre
* Hearts
* Old Maid
* Spades
* War

Original Post

Mahjongg (Version ???, released Oct 28, 2007) - mahjongg.tar.bz2 344.31 KB

A Mahjongg clone. Mahjongg is an Asian gambling game.

Extract to /. To run type mahjongg in console, or click on /usr/bin/mahjongg.

Original Post

Mancala (Version ???, released Jul 14, 2007) - mancala.zip 6.21 KB

A lightweight Mancala clone.

Mancala games share a common general gameplay sequence. Players begin by placing an equal number of seeds, prescribed by the variation in use, in each of the pits on the game board. A turn consists of removing all seeds from a pit, sowing the seeds (placing one in each of the following pits in sequence), and capturing based on the state of board. This leads to the English phrase "Count and Capture" sometimes used to describe the gameplay. Although the details differ greatly, this general sequence applies to all games. -Wikipedia

Original Post

Morabaraba (Version 0.7, released Aug 15, 2008) - morabaraba-0.7.pet 809K

Morabaraba is a two-player strategy board game, played across Africa. It is accessible, easy to learn, and games can be played quickly - but the strategic and tactical aspects of the game run deep. While Morabaraba may be played on specially-produced boards (or computer software!) it is simple enough that a board can easily be scratched on a stone or into sand, and coins or pebbles (or whatever!) used as the pieces. It's easier to learn that Chess or Draughts (the rules can be picked up in just minutes), but the game is not just a variation of noughts and crosses: it is subtle and thought-provoking.

Requires GTK libs for those on Pup 4. They can be found on the original post.

Original Post

Parchis (Version 40, released Aug 6, 2008) - parchis40.pet 82.64 K

Parchís is a very popular board-game in Spain. It can be played by up to four players. This Parchís program allows to play any combination of human beings and pc-driven players. Since it uses a die, Parchís is not usually regarded as an abstract strategy game like checkers or chess. It does not depend entirely on luck either, since the four pawns under a player's command demand some sort of strategy. Moves can include blocking, eating, jamming, seems to remind me a bit of an advanced ludo

Original Post

Patience (Version ???, released Oct 18, 2007) - patience.tar.bz2 298.21 KB

Patience is a collection of card games including seahaven, canfield, little harp, spider & battle solitaire.

Extract to /

To play type in a console patience, or click on /usr/bin/patience

Original Post

Patolli (Version 1.0, released Aug 21, 2008) - patolli-1.0.pet 760K

Patolli used to be the favorite of the ancient Mayan/Aztec time. The object of the game is to win all of your opponent's money. In order to do this, you may have to play more than one game. To complete a round, a player needs to get all of the six jade markers from the starting queue position to the ending square position on the game board before the other player.

For more detailed rules look it up on Wiki.

SDL libs needed. Barrage has them.

Original Post

Nuclear Chess (Version 1.0.0, released May 12, 2008) - nuclearchess-1.0.0-i486.pet 574.75 K

NuclearChess is a chess variant. Whenever a piece is captured, both pieces and all pieces on neighbour fields die. Games are short and fun even for people who usually don't play chess.

Original Post

Scalar (Version 1.02, released May 29, 2008) - scalar-1.02.pet 507.03K

The goal of the game is to assemble the picture from pieces. Each picture is divided into pieces which are shuffled. You need to get each piece back to its original position. You accomplish that by swapping pieces (exchanging their positions). You have a limited number of swappings for each picture. The game is over when you complete 3 images, and for each one you get the points. If you have a hard time playing this, you can look at the images directory and see what the final picture looks like.

Feel free to add more pictures to images directory and play with them (images can be in .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp, any many other formats).

Requires SDL libs.

Original Post

Seahaven (Version ???, released May 13, 2008) - seahaven.pet 34k

Seahaven Towers is a classic Unix solitaire game updated with new card images. With this program you can waste as much time with Linux as with competing systems, yet the Linux solitaire game requires actual thought to operate.

Original Post

Risk (Version ???, released Oct 11, 2005) - risk.pup 668 Bytes

Fun, lightweight, Java Risk clone. If you don't know how to play Risk, look it up on Wiki.

The pup is a downloader, it'll download Risk and sort itself out. To play, click "risk" in /root/my-roxapps/

Original Post

XCheckers (Version 2.2.3, released Fri Jul 13, 2007) - xcheckers-2.2.3-i486.pet 29.46 KB

A checkers clone. If you don't know how to play, consider yourself an unsusual person, better enlighten yourself on the Wiki

To start type xcheckers in a console.

Original Post
Last edited by battleshooter on Wed 07 Jan 2009, 08:35, edited 6 times in total.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94580]LMMS 1.0.2[/url], [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94593]Ardour 3.5.389[/url], [url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=94629]Kdenlive 0.9.8[/url]

ttuuxxx

#9 Post by ttuuxxx »

http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

battleshooter

#10 Post by battleshooter »

Cool, thanks for that Ttuuxxx.

I was starting to wonder if this was a good idea or a waste of time. What do you think? Do you think it would be worth trying to catalog all the games? and if I did is this a good way to display them? Maybe I should start a poll.

WhoDo

#11 Post by WhoDo »

battleshooter wrote:I was starting to wonder if this was a good idea or a waste of time. What do you think? Do you think it would be worth trying to catalog all the games? and if I did is this a good way to display them? Maybe I should start a poll.
I think its a great idea, and follows on from tronkel's earlier effort at listing Puppy games that don't require extra library support.

May I suggest the best way is to create a games blog at http://www.puppylinux.org and use that as the central reference repository. Alternatively you could add it to the wiki space in the same location if you wanted others to help maintain the list.

Please do go ahead with it though. It is things like this that keep Puppy popular across a broad range of users. In the absence of a central repository for all applications - and that may be coming sooner rather than later thanks to tombh, Pizzasgood and zigbert - the blog and wiki spaces can temporarily fill the void.

Cheers
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#12 Post by Lobster »

May I suggest the best way is to create a games blog at http://www.puppylinux.org and use that as the central reference repository
That's a great idea
I have been looking at all the listed games.
There are quite a few forum threads
There is a Puppy flying simulator version - two Puppy games disks (I think based around the 2.xx series) and Marks 'Hurt me plenty'
http://www.puppylinux.org/downloads/pup ... -plenty-01

Also be aware of Flash game links
Java games (OK needs some processing power)

I want to try out my creative surround sound system
which I recently got from freecycle.com

Great thread - good job :D
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

ttuuxxx

#13 Post by ttuuxxx »

I think its a great idea and well worth doing, So far its working well. You sparked interest, which is always good.
Some real thought should be placed into this.
Maybe a website like puppy-arcade or just keep going with this as a start:)
ok then next maybe some sort of category list.
arcade, sports, cards, bored games, strategy
It also would be nice to have them all in one place and the pups converted to pets.
ttuuxxx
ps keep up the great work :wink:

battleshooter

#14 Post by battleshooter »

Wow! Cool! Thanks for the responses and encouragement guys. I really like some of the ideas you guys are giving. I really like the "puppy arcade" website idea, that sounds sweet as, I'm starting to picture some real cool graphics and fun ideas... but I'm not so sure how much time I'll have in the near future, so I'll probably have to come back to earth and set up a wiki page. :? I think really the only way we'll really ever get an up to date repository of anything is if more than one person is involved.

ttuuxxx

#15 Post by ttuuxxx »

battleshooter wrote:Wow! Cool! Thanks for the responses and encouragement guys. I really like some of the ideas you guys are giving. I really like the "puppy arcade" website idea, that sounds sweet as, I'm starting to picture some real cool graphics and fun ideas... but I'm not so sure how much time I'll have in the near future, so I'll probably have to come back to earth and set up a wiki page. :? I think really the only way we'll really ever get an up to date repository of anything is if more than one person is involved.
Well heres an idea, Maybe ask Eric from puppylinux.ca for some server space to host all the games. Then just make a few web pages and upload them.Then just post some links to the webpages on the forum/wiki simple .
ttuuxxx:)

sideburns

#16 Post by sideburns »

If I don't want to install Barrage just to get the SDL files (It's not a game that looks like I'd be interested in it.) how do I know which ones to download, or should I just take them all?
Registered Linux user #470359

ttuuxxx

#17 Post by ttuuxxx »

sideburns wrote:If I don't want to install Barrage just to get the SDL files (It's not a game that looks like I'd be interested in it.) how do I know which ones to download, or should I just take them all?
most sdl games only need
http://www.puppylinux.ca/tpp/ttuuxxx/pr ... 3-i386.pet
but when you install a game it should tell you which sdl is missing and just download from my post on page 1 near the bottom
ttuuxxx

battleshooter

Anyone want this job?

#18 Post by battleshooter »

This has been a lot of fun, but unfortunately some stuff in the real world (outside of the forum :) ) has come up and I won't be able to continue maintaining this games post. :?

Is there anyone out there that would like to take over? If anyone would, I'll email (upload, PM, whatever) you the BBcode I used to make the game entries, so basically all you have to do is post them yourself and maintain and start adding to them from there. I'll also send the template I used. Then I'll mark this post for deletion, and well, everything should be sorted. Maybe some else will "catch the vision" and list all Pup's games.

Battleshooter

ttuuxxx

Re: Anyone want this job?

#19 Post by ttuuxxx »

battleshooter wrote:This has been a lot of fun, but unfortunately some stuff in the real world (outside of the forum :) ) has come up and I won't be able to continue maintaining this games post. :?

Is there anyone out there that would like to take over? If anyone would, I'll email (upload, PM, whatever) you the BBcode I used to make the game entries, so basically all you have to do is post them yourself and maintain and start adding to them from there. I'll also send the template I used. Then I'll mark this post for deletion, and well, everything should be sorted. Maybe some else will "catch the vision" and list all Pup's games.

Battleshooter
How about keep the post and update it when you have time, You started something really good here and It would be a shame to delete/give up on it. Even 1hr a week would be all it needs, You are under no pressure to get this done. Take your time, I've been building my next living water release for about 3+ months.
When ever I get inspired I work on it.
stick with it, we'll be around. :wink:
ttuuxxx

battleshooter

#20 Post by battleshooter »

Thanks for your understanding Ttuuxxx. I guess I'll just see what happens to this post, but if someone does still want to take over, my offer is still standing.

Battleshooter :)