Re: better documentation!

Helping keep Puppy well documented

If a really good book was written about using Puppy, would you buy it?

Yes - I'm tired of searching the forums!
67%
No - the forums and Google are all I need!
33%

Total votes: 18

puppyluvr

#16 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
As a contributer to the the Puppy 4 manual, the question of written information becoming obsolete was a major problem for me, as Puppy changes, sometimes drastically, between releases..

I believe a Wiki is a good answer...
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

raffy

Help needed for the English manual (4.21 - 4.31)

#17 Post by raffy »

Hi all. Allow me to bump this thread up.

After the attack on the site, the images of the English manual were lost. (prit1 has a copy, but maybe that will not be needed anymore*.)

If you can recreate the missing images (no wider than 500 px) and post here, then that will be a lot of help. These are the pages that need the images (Feel free to post the corrected article [if any] and the images here). Thanks!

Manual-English01.txt

Manual-English02.txt

Manual-English04.txt

Manual-English05.txt

Manual-English06.txt

Manual-English08.txt

Manual-English09.txt

* We are no longer retrieving the old images as they were based on a Puppy earlier than 4.21, and we want documentation for both 4.21 and 4.31 (if there is a difference, that is). Also, many of the screenshots were German (but thanks to oli for working on the English manual :) ).

ALSO, if you want to work on other languages and know how to handle a database dump, PM me and I will give you the Drupal database dump.

Thanks!
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

puppyite

#18 Post by puppyite »

Hi Raffy,
Time permitting I will make your screenshots.

raffy

TY

#19 Post by raffy »

Gee, thanks for the help. FYI, I've had only virtual sleep since Monday of the site attack (3 nights ago), as matters like those can't de postponed. But so is my Friday work deadline. :roll:
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].