transfering multisession cd to dvd (Solved)

Discuss anything specific to using Puppy on a multi-session disk
yim

transfering multisession cd to dvd (Solved)

#1 Post by yim »

does anyone know how to transfer a full multisession cd to multisession dvd, I'vd got dingo running on cd and have about 12 or so sessions and don't want to start over, is there an easy way to do this

thanks yim

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Boot your multisession CD in a DVD burner. Put a writable DVD in the drive and burn whichever Puppy iso you like to it with Menu -> Multisession -> Burniso2cd. (Any kind of writable DVD will work, but I recommend a +RW until you're confident this works. Burniso2cd will burn a DVD+RW without having to blank it first.) Shut down, choosing the "save to the CD" option. Puppy will save all your settings to the DVD you just burned. Now, boot the DVD, and walla, you're in bidness. :D
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]

yim

#3 Post by yim »

flash, again thank you for your help worked like a charm, was about to panic when I noticed cd was full, lol, I appreciate the help

yim

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

Incidentally, you can "defragment" a full multisession DVD+RW by reburning it with the same Puppy .iso. If the DVD has 70 sessions stored on it, reburning it with the same iso and then saving to the DVD at shutdown will reduce the sessions back to one. Of course, if you're using multisession for forensic purposes you'd start a new, non-rewritable DVD and store the old one away in a safe place. Puppy Linux run from a multisession DVD seems perfect for a small business. It would be a cheap and efficient way to automatically save records.

yim

#5 Post by yim »

yeah, I noticed that, on the cd I had 14 sessions saved and it was full. When I loaded that disk and saved session after I put in the dvd with iso it saved all info back , but it did use 2 sessions. I love this multisession deal, it's a wonderful thing.

Thanks for the help flash, as always

yim