Sound is not getting properly in Intel Atom Mini-ITX board.

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of computer audio hardware
asprakash

Sound is not getting properly in Intel Atom Mini-ITX board.

#1 Post by asprakash »

Hello all,
I am using Puppy Linux 4.0 on my Intel Atom Mini-ITX board, in-built Realteck ALC662 audio device. Puppy Linux is working fine except sound. Early, the VLC player was playing the song. But did not get any sound in the speaker. Then I add "options snd-hda-intel model=3stack-dig" in modprobe.conf. After that I got the sound in speaker. But not clearly.
The song is playing well upto 60-70 seconds. After that the sound hangs and getting only continuous noise or kind a echo sound. But the player is playing the song properly. There is no interruption in the player. I tested in Xine & Xmms. The same problem in those players also.
I cant understand the exact problem. Cant predict it, whether the problem is in output plugin or the driver or others. But I tested the hardware. It is working properly in Ubuntu and windows OS. Help me to resolve this audio problem.

Regards,
Prakash.

asprakash

#2 Post by asprakash »

I tried in MacPup derivative. In XMMS and Wave editor, the songs are playing fine.
But still the same problem in VLC and Xine. Seems, there is some problems in plugin or the player software.

-Prakash.

asprakash

#3 Post by asprakash »

Well, I tried with different players in Puppy Linux 4.0. But no use. Today I tried in Puppy 4.1. Now every thing is fine. Sound is working properly.
Now I come to know that, in the puppy linux 4.1, I got the "Master" chennel in ALSA MIXER and the alsa version is 1.0.16. Seems Master channel may be the reason for not getting the sound properly in puppy 4.0.

-Prakash