Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 25 Oct 2014, 19:56
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
open office installation
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 2 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Nathan F

PostPosted: Sat 05 Nov 2005, 21:57    Post_subject:  

I'm glad to know that the squash file gets mounted correctly for someone who's running a hd install. I intend to update my hd install sometime in the next few days just to check into it and see for myself that it's working. I did look at the bootup scripts while I had a minute today at work and I couldn't see anything out of place.

I should mention that this wasn't originally intended for the regular garden variety Puppy, but was put together specifically for Grafpup. It does work just fine in Puppy but you have to find the program and figure out how to get it started yourself. That's not exactly newbie freindly. In Grafpup as soon as you do the reboot the program will show up in the icewm menu. I think that should also be the case with Puppy if you're running icewm, but icewm is not the default wm so it's probably not the case for most people. It would be easy to make a simple dotpup to add a launcher in my-roxapps or my-applications, and I guess maybe I'll do just that if noone else does it first.

I've at least confirmed that the instructions are correct as per where the file should be placed. Plus I know it's working for at least one person. I don't mean to be a jerk but that leads me to believe there might be some user error somewhere along the line.

The executable soffice is located in /usr/local/OOo-2.0/program. As long as you aren't running Chubby there will be symlinks to it in /usr/local/bin. You can confirm that the squash file has been mounted by opening rox, going all the way up as far as it will go, and pressing the unhide button to show the hidden files. If usr_more.sfs has been mounted there will be a directory by the name .usr_more. Please check this first if you are having problems launching OpenOffice2.0, as that piece of info is vital to figuring out your problem.

Nathan
menno

PostPosted: Mon 07 Nov 2005, 07:12    Post_subject: OO  

I try it on puppy 0.0.9 because this doesn't have the unionfs .
This works to . Mount your drive , if it is a seperate one .
Then mount the usr_more_OO.sfs (with -o loop) to something like /opt/oo .
To run it type in rxvt /opt/oo/local/OOo-2.0/program/soffice and it wil start .
If you get the error : Java Runtime Env not found . It's posseble that you donn't have it . But to besurre try : find -name jre . It posseble that it somewhere on your disk . Because instalations have it buildin (as CmapTools) . If you found one than put into your PATH by export PATH=$PATH:/where_jre_is . Then give the start command again .
One thing I didn't solve is the error 'lpc not found' and 'lpstat not found' . As far I know 'lpstat' is not in puppy . I thing it belong to Cups ?
menno

PostPosted: Mon 07 Nov 2005, 13:22    Post_subject: printing  

I made a link in /usr/bin for lpc to lprshell . And it prints .
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 2 of 2 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum