mouse fails to work

Using applications, configuring, problems
Simon.Robert

mouse fails to work

#1 Post by Simon.Robert »

Hi, I'm sure this has been dealt with a million times, anyhow....

I have

puppy 4.1.1
HP Omnibook x2
Celeron Coppermine
60MB memory

basicaly everything is great, except the mouse, it's ps/2, does not work or show up.

The touchpad works and shows up in the hard ware list, the mouse doesn't. It used to work with a USB mouse, but that is not an option because I need the USB socket for wifi.

I just loaded 4.1.2, to see if there was any difference. During the setup it said it detected a ps/2 mouse, but this makes no difference.

Any ideas anyone, please?

Simon

Aitch

#2 Post by Aitch »

solution by VTPup, courtesy Béèm
For the benefit of others who may also get stuck:

From command line:

Code:
Xorgwizard

You will be presented with a choice Xorg and Xvesa

Choose xorg

You will be presented with resolutions to choose.

Choose your resolution and accept..

You will be presented with number of colors at that resolution.

choose it, but DON'T hit Accept, or you will finish the wizard and go back to the command line, (This is what I kept doing,)

There are actually three buttons at the bottom of the screen -- the middle one is labeled Test and it is supposed to test the Xorg resolutions, But it does one more thing, also, not mentioned.

Hit that button, and you will come to another screen that has on the right side a Change Mouse button. That's the one that does the trick.
also, by Fossil
Alternatively, once you are at the desktop, try pressing F12. 'If' you are lucky the Menu will pop up. Use the left/right, up/down keys to navigate to 'Setup', 'Mouse-Keyboard' Wizard. Reset the mouse configuration, then Tab out through the boxed elements. Finally, select 'Okay'. Try the mouse!
Good Luck.
Aitch :)

Fossil

#3 Post by Fossil »

If F12 doesn't work, also try a combination of Alt-F1 which does pop up the full menu on a standard keyboard.

Simon.Robert

mouse fails to work

#4 Post by Simon.Robert »

Thanks for the advice and I will try it. But the touchpad does work and I have run the keyboard-mouse wizard many times. Will try from the xorg config.

Thanks