TRENDNET USB Dongle TEW-424UB H/W:3.OR now works in Dingo

jackieflorida

TRENDNET USB Dongle TEW-424UB H/W:3.OR now works in Dingo

#1 Post by jackieflorida »

A few years ago these dongles were discounted heavily and I picked up a few and they worked fine in WinXP. But since the earlier installation programs were compressed into one file, the .inf file required by ndswrapper was not readily available and I was unable to use them in Puppy.

But now, the Trendnet site provides their recent installation download in extracted form and the .inf file can be easily found in it. I always use the Win98 driver folder and usually this works for the adapters I have used.

I was pleased to find that these older Trendnet dongles will now work fine with Dingo in ndswrapper.

If you have any Trendnet adapters you might find that the latest installation downloads at http://www.trendnet.com will contain the .inf file you need to get them working with ndswrapper.

Note that other brands may have recent drivers in their downloads because Windows SP3 presents problems with older wifi drivers. Manufacturers have been supplying updated drivers recently that are compliant with SP3. The most recent wi-fi drivers are usually worth trying and typically work better. And if the .inf file is presented, that is good for using it in Puppy via ndswrapper.