Has anyone managed to install Krita on a Puppy?

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
pagestep007

Has anyone managed to install Krita on a Puppy?

#1 Post by pagestep007 »

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has managed to get the painting program 'Krita' installed on a puppy system. It is a great program and it would be excellent to have a .pet to install it.:) .. or an sfs... or any info or help towards getting to install it. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

perdido

#2 Post by perdido »

Version 2.4 in the puppy package manager for puppy precise 5.7.1 in the ubuntu-precise-main repository.

pagestep007

Krita

#3 Post by pagestep007 »

Thank you Perdido. I am using Slacko Puppy 5.7. I downloaded Precise Puppy and went looking for Krita. I had 145 dependencies missing.. and most of them were not available to me from the package manager :( ...so I am still no closer... Slacko Puppy sometimes installs .deb packages, so the base Krita package can be installed, then am I likely to have to just go through the process of trying to install each dependency on the list?

Pelo

Krita is a KDE graphics tool available in Puppies KDE

#4 Post by Pelo »

Krita is a KDE graphics tool available in Puppies KDE. (4KS-02.iso: 261 M)
You can use packages KDE only as this one.
or this one 47Mhere
Attachments
KRITA HUET.jpg
Krita installed on Puli, the Hungarian Puppy Linux updated regularly fo fit progress
(88.18 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 22 Jul 2017, 15:28, edited 2 times in total.

Pelo

K-Office-1.6.3.sfs: 47 M Vivid 6.5

#5 Post by Pelo »

K-Office-1.6.3.sfs: 47 M for photographic and futbol aficionados :)
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 08:02, edited 2 times in total.

kiramm
Location: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 393#988393

#6 Post by kiramm »

thank u verrrry for the OLD???krita experinece with the sfs somewhere here around

where is the official download link?

is there also a newer version?maybe bbetter less trembling etc
my paint bbbeter not alzheimer drawing

is in krita a special button for less tremblig like in gimp and my paint?

brushes verry nice to form in krita!!:)))bbbest

BBUT DONT see crop+rotate like in bbbest nomacs i missed it?

THANK UUUU
Attachments
mostIMPORTANT-2017-01-10-03-39-52-2017-02-01-06-00-13.jpg
(77.62 KiB) Downloaded 932 times

mikeslr

Krita 64-bit AppImage Download Link

#7 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

Thanks to kiramm's obsession, :wink: he located the following link to Krita App Image: https://krita.org/en/download/krita-desktop/. It's at the bottom of the page. Only a 64-bit Appimage is offered. Download. Right-Click and change permissions to make executable. It runs from anywhere (including /mnt/home --so you don't have to include it in your SaveFile) under Xenialpup64,Tahrpup64 and XenialDog64. On the latter, it complains about stuff, including "too many jpg options". I didn't test it further.

Running Xenialpup (32-bit) I was able to build a 32-bit Krita using Puppy Package Manager and Lazy Puppy (RHS)'s excellent PaDS application. Essentially, set PPM to download all (even pre-installed) to a folder, to install to tmpfs; name that folder according to the app being build, and change "Auto Install" to "Download all packages and dependencies: Then click "Do it". Wait Forever. :) 165 debs will be downloaded --maybe the entire KDE structure?. With PaDS installed, Right-click the folder and select combine to SFS.

The loaded SFS when started from via terminal opens, but complains "Legacy integer arithmetics implementation connect failed: No such file or directory Legacy integer arithmetics implementation connect failed: No such file or directory". Apparently, this means that Krita will not save files in jpeg2000, perhaps others. But, supposedly it will save fine in krita's native kra format. (Use other programs to convert if necessary?),

However, I was able to export a file as a jpeg, so the problem reported may have had more to do with Fedora than Krita. However, not extensively tested. My interest was to see if it could be done. If I have the need for krita, I'll use the 64-bit version.

Expect similar results with Tahrpups. Not Tested. Loading the SFS built under XenialPup doesn't open, complaining about missing, IIRC, libevix or similar. Perhaps only needs a symlink. But, starting with Tahrpup's PPM may be successful.

mikesLr

P.S. Pet Creating Menu listing for 64-bit AppImage,

As I noted above, I run krita from /mnt/home. The attached pet will create a menu listing. However, you can place the AppImage anywhere, After installing the menu pet open the bash script /root/my-applications/bin/krita64 in a text editor and change the text below in red to the location where you've placed the AppImage.

exec /mnt/home/Pup-Apps/krita-3.1.2-x86_64.appimage "$@"
Attachments
krita64_external-.1.pet
Creates Menu Entry. Edit krita64 to your location. See Post Script above.
(3.71 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Last edited by mikeslr on Sat 11 Feb 2017, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

KOffice 1.6.3 for 4.00 and 4.06

#8 Post by Pelo »

KOffice 1.6.3 for 4.00 and 4.06 ***& 3.01*** New Version
For your request here, too
I used it with a Vivid version of Puppy, should work with Tahrpup ((here below with Puppy Puli) ,
my browser is too old to access Google Drive. Link promised for to-night.
here we are ! Click the blue and the SFS will appear
Attachments
kde.png
apps included in SFS
(23 KiB) Downloaded 889 times

Pelo

Puppy-puli 386 menu when SFS loaded.

#9 Post by Pelo »

Puppy-puli 386 menu when SFS loaded. KDE applications are not the best. But Kexi and Krita are not bad. Kexi is a database
Kplato = planner = Gantt project
Last edited by Pelo on Sat 17 Jun 2017, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

the same as above but graphics

#10 Post by Pelo »

the same as above but graphics
Attachments
pulikde.jpg
Old stuff = no useless = light and efficient, in Puppy spirit
(51.2 KiB) Downloaded 720 times

Mike Walsh

#11 Post by Mike Walsh »

Just to confirm Mikeslr's findings, I too run the 64-bit Krita AppImage in both Tahr64 6.05 and Slacko64 6.3.0. It starts up, and runs with no hassles.

I run it from my remote data partition, and have, like Mike, created a Menu Entry to start it from the Graphics menu.

Please be aware that although Krita will run in all the 64-bit Pups, it will create its own ~/.cache and ~/.config files wherever it's run for the first time. These remain behind, even when you switch and run it from a different Pup. If you want to retain the same settings, etc, between Pups, it's best to move the /.config and /.cache files to a remote location, then sym-link these back into the /root directory of any Pup you wish to run Krita in before starting it for the first time. Krita will pick these up upon first run.

I'd rather not run it the way Pelo's been doing it, since any KDE app will insist on installing the entire KDE desktop environment as a dependency....!! As Mike found out, it is HUGE.

The AppImage works fine for me.

Mike. :wink:

Pelo

Nothing more will be requested when using the package..

#12 Post by Pelo »

"I'd rather not run it the way Pelo's been doing it, since any KDE app will insist on installing the entire KDE desktop environment as a dependency....!! As Mike found out, it is HUGE."

No no.. Nothing more will be requested when using the package..
For 32 bits Puppies.. 64bits is for what usage, faster colorization :?:
Joking of course. Never i will prevent our forum suscribers to taste applications in 64 bits versions... If they exist.