trying to work with Linksys WPC11 v4

alejobar

trying to work with Linksys WPC11 v4

#1 Post by alejobar »

Hi there, I just install puppy dingo 4.00 in a compaq Armada M700, everything is working fine now after I fix manually the modprobe to get the sound card working. Now I'm trying to connect to the internet using the wireless card Linksys WPC11 v4, puppy recognize the card and asigned the r8180 driver. The card seems to be working because I can scan the wireless networks and see my home connection. I tried to connect using my Essid and wpa key, but theres no luck, when I triend to connect to a open network it saids its connected, but if I open firefox theres no internet conecction. I can see both lights on in the card (power and link) and if I go to Hardinfo I can see the wireless connection sending and receiving packages, but I can't browse the internet or connect to the messenger.

This problem its driving me crazy! please someone help me to solve this :cry:

alejobar

#2 Post by alejobar »

bump! please someone help me...

alejobar

#3 Post by alejobar »

Since nobody helps around this post, let me tell you that WAP works in NOP4.1 using ndiswrapper with the realtek driver, so if you have the same problem with this card you can solve it using NOP4.1 or just using another linux distro, I tried mandriva 2008 and Xubuntu and both work perfect with the WAP encryption.