SurfPup 6

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Todd

SurfPup 6

#1 Post by Todd »

SurfPup comes with the latest Firefox browser and is about 75 MB in size.
http://www.toddrichardson.com/surfpup/

Todd
Last edited by Todd on Wed 08 Apr 2009, 15:40, edited 2 times in total.

Dpup

SurfPup 5.0

#2 Post by Dpup »

Todd:

SurfPup5 works great. But you may want to look at updating the Network Wizard with patch of Sept 25th (or later?). I am not sure if that patch was intended to include Puppy version 3.01 base, but it does work as far as I have seen so far. Tested with wifi adapters Airlink AWLL3055, ZyXEL AG225H, (both using wizard) and Airlink AWLL3028 (using ndiswrapper)... all work and auto re-connects to my WPA2 TKIP wireless router from a USB flash disk boot. With the Network Wizard patch the total time to boot including auto re-connect to wifi is a little over 30 seconds. Audio, flash video, download tests all good.

It may be interesting to note that the Airlink AWLL3028 is sold by Fry's for under $8 when OVERPRICED, and is the lowest cost USB wifi adapter I have seen sold in volume so far. Also Fry's selling the 2GB Kingston 2GB USB flash drives for approx $6 OVERPRICED... both work very well with Puppy USB boot loads.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing !!!

Thanks,

Dpup

Todd

#3 Post by Todd »

Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing !!!
Thank you!
you may want to look at updating the Network Wizard with patch of Sept 25th (or later?).
Why don't you email me the specific patch you are speaking of. I am at yahoo and my user name is richardsontb.

Todd

Colonel Panic

#4 Post by Colonel Panic »

Hi. I downloaded Surfpup 6 yesterday and it works well, thanks.

raffy

numbering

#5 Post by raffy »

Some explanation about where it is based (what version of Puppy) and its version numbering system could help.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

Todd

#6 Post by Todd »

It is based on Fat Free 3.01. I had someone write me and ask for a version of Surpup for his old PC. It is funny. I work in Microsoft all day at work. We had a Microsoft laptop, but it crashed. I picked up an eeepc that was on closeout. I love the operating system (Xandros). Anyways. . .