Posted: Sat 29 Nov 2008, 00:55 Post subject:
HP 820Cse (Resolved)
I am unable to print a test page to a HP 820Cse printer with Puppy Linux 4.1.1.
1) Downloaded the file pnm2ppa from http://www.linuxfoundation.org
2) Saved the file as HP-DeskJet_820C-pnm2ppa.ppd in directory /usr.share/cups/model
3) Setup printer using "CUPS manage printing"
4) Send test print but teh job disappears from the queue after a few minutes with no messages or any print out.
5) Tried printing from browser and nothing is printed
This printer does work on Windows XP.
How do I get it to work on Puppy Linux?
Thank You Last edited by Davidb64il on Sat 06 Dec 2008, 23:24; edited 1 time in total
Joined: 03 Nov 2006 Posts: 171 Location: UK
Posted: Sat 29 Nov 2008, 01:53 Post subject:
HP 820Cse Install
Read up on "3.00 doesn`t recognize my HP 710 Printer" from the second
page of this list -near the bottom.
Basicaly you need devx loaded and make /make install on a pnm2ppa.tar.gz file, then adjust a file to reflect your printer in cups.
I don`t think the pup vers number matters- have installed hp710 on pup3 and pup4. should be ok for you, if you`ve got the correct devx version, and your 820Cse.ppd file is in /usr/share/cups//model along with the others.
You might try downloading HPIJS first and run it to see if that sets it up.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum