Script to rip DVD straight to AVI: Letitrip

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
technosaurus

#16 Post by technosaurus »

The latest stable version is included in 44 pre alpha, however shinobar has started developing his own frontend with internationalization support (ffconvert http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=54056) I am planning to provide patches and upgrades to his work, rather than maintain a separate project. What is the opposit of a fork? ... no we are not spooning!
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

Roy

#17 Post by Roy »

Thanks, guys. As scripting and such is all above my head, I can only be grateful for your hard work which you have chosen to share. And it really is appreciated.

steve_s, you are certainly NOT a forum jerk in my mind, but your search results illustrate my point nicely. If I select the search result which specifically deals with technosaurus' woo-ff multimedia converter (mentioned earlier in this thread):
Puppy Linux Discussion Forum :: View topic - Woo-FF Video Converter
I download those that interest me and use Woo-ff to convert them to portable format so I can watch them in spare moments. ...
www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=398963&sid... - Cached
I am directed to this forum's sign on page, followed by a message to the effect that the thread does not exist. *sigh*

-Roy

EDIT: Ahhh, if I select the 'Cached' result, it shows up! (Well, the second page of a two page thread.) Not too sure I understand that, but it is a different issue altogether. Thanks, steve_s!

technosaurus

#18 Post by technosaurus »

the thread has been deleted... don't know why or by who... maybe because it is too close to woof?

I was in the middle of a code cleanup rewrite - here is my current "unstable" version - there may be some regressions though as I have not had time to finish it
Attachments
woo-ff.gz
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 1446 times
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

Roy

#19 Post by Roy »

Thanks, technosaurus.

Assuming I set this to executable and replace current /usr/bin/woo-ff (?) file, ... oh, wait -- it is a .gz which will install like a .pet, right?

Anyway, I'll figure it out and test it later this week. Multi-platform .avi's are my main target as I don't have an iPod or other fancy gear to test with.

-Roy

steve_s

#20 Post by steve_s »

Thanks to dejan technosaurus and roy for the feedback! Love that about this forum: start a thread and there is so much knowledge here that I go back to the the same thread to try and see how to do subtitles..great job folks!

steve_s

#21 Post by steve_s »

Something else to note: the one I just ran had the incorrect audio on it although, with dejan's advice, I had used -sid 0 as an option and it ripped great with subtitles except for the wrong audio.

Found this.

So, when trying to figure out which video to select, I usually run something like this:

Code: Select all

mplayer -vo x11 -dvd-device /dev/sr0 dvd://1
and change the dvd:// track number until I know I am playing the correct track. So, if "1" didn't work, then

mplayer -vo x11 -dvd-device /dev/sr0 dvd://2
and so on till I get the right one (the -vo or video output mode is optional as I select that 'cause of the video card I am using right now).

Then adjust my mencoder script accordingly.

But now, I'll run something like this, per that website's suggestion, to determine the correct audio as well:

mplayer -vo x11 -aid 129 -dvd-device /dev/sr0 dvd://1
then adjust the mencoder script as needed. 8)

steve_s

#22 Post by steve_s »

technosaurus wrote:the thread has been deleted... don't know why or by who... maybe because it is too close to woof?

I was in the middle of a code cleanup rewrite - here is my current "unstable" version - there may be some regressions though as I have not had time to finish it
Thanks for posting this, technosaurus; I was looking for woo-ff the other day and had issues with finding it, so thanks!
What is the opposit of a fork? ... no we are not spooning!
...and that made me laugh :D

steve_s

#23 Post by steve_s »

Here is the double pass mencoder script I ran yesterday. Alternate script i like:

#!/bin/bash
chapter=1

mname=casa-de-mi-padre

mencoder dvd://$chapter -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=1 -aid 128 -sid 0 -oac copy -o /dev/null
mencoder dvd://$chapter -ovc xvid -xvidencopts pass=2:bitrate=1000 -aid 128 -sid 0 -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=3 -o /mnt/sda1/Movies-Video/$mname.avi

Makes a nice, clean xvid movie, sid option for subtitles if you need 'em.