What database software can we use in Puppy?

Business software, financial software, etc.
googie

#31 Post by googie »

No, I just had more bug reports so I needed more time to fix it.
Anyway it's already done and at this moment I'm packaging binary distributions. I'll release 1.1.2 today or tomorrow, hopefully (if packaging won't cause problems).

EDIT:
Ok, packaging needs to wait till weekend (which would be 4-5 of April). Expect release for these days.

charlie6

SQLiteStudio-2.1.0

#32 Post by charlie6 »

Hi googie,
thanks again for current SQLiteStudio-2.1.0 ...!
just giving here the link to SQLiteStudio:
looks great ! :D
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/SQLiteStudio
just follow the link(s)
best regards
charlie

Pelo

SQLite studio pls could you make it ready to use

#33 Post by Pelo »

pls could you make it ready to use
Whith a package .pet or a SFS and put it in a PPM.
Thanks a lot.

2byte

#34 Post by 2byte »

Pelo

It's ready to use as it is. Just download sqlitestudio to /root/my-applications/bin, open a terminal and run

Code: Select all

chmod u+x /root/my-applications/bin/sqlitestudio-2.1.0.bin 
to make it executable.

Pelo

Sqlitestudio

#35 Post by Pelo »

Where is the mistake in screenshot here below ?
Thanks for help
Pelo
Last edited by Pelo on Thu 09 Jan 2014, 15:29, edited 1 time in total.

Makoto

#36 Post by Makoto »

You're missing the space between u+x and /root/my-applications/bin/sqlitestudio-2.1.0.bin.
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

Pelo

SQLiteStudio ? What is great ?

#37 Post by Pelo »

Awfull database, ugly, no data import !
Perhaps I dont understand anything. I shall try it again.
SQLiteman looks better.
Kexi is quite OK
Portabase too
The best would have been PPDB Puppy Data Base but Nobody cared of it.
The best way : use add-on Firefox or seamonkey SQLITE manager.
Attachments
sqliteman.png
not perfect, but looks better than Sqlitestudio
(46.91 KiB) Downloaded 1231 times

Jactek

Database

#38 Post by Jactek »

Im running Saluki on my old asus eee 701, i installed dosemu and hve been running n old dos database called Q&A by Symantic i used it at work for about 15 years and when I retired boss sid to throw it away they were going to Access so I threw it away to me. Works well and you my be able to use other old dos databases too.
Just an other option
Jim

Pelo

Databases sqliteman sqlitestudio sqlite something

#39 Post by Pelo »

Sqliteman : ok there is a pet
sqlitestudio ! make a pet of it
The most important is to join image and url to to make a file of the object.
Sqlite is already include in puppy, but not easy to use by poor and lonesome geeks as us.
osmo can do it
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 08:43, edited 3 times in total.

Jim1911

#40 Post by Jim1911 »

Libreoffice has a database program that may meet your needs. To install in puppy, try 01micko's fine Get Libreoffic here

musher0

#41 Post by musher0 »

Hi, pelo.

You wrote:
> The best would have been PPDB Puppy Data Base but Nobody cared of it.

Someone actually "cared" about your problem, investigated it, and explained to you why PPDB couldn't be easily corrected. So please do not generalize. Are we running in circles?

I also note that in your list, all those database programs need external support (a computer language such as java or qt, or a firefox or seamokey set-up) to the tune of from 35Mg's to 100 Mg's and even 120 Mg's.

Maybe Jactek, in the message above this one, is unto something. Old database programs for DOS will run in Puppy after you've installed DOSBox, which weighs a mere 1,5 Mg in its latest static version. Now that's quite a saving in Mg's by comparison! :)

Search and thou shalt find! http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 19&t=63363

Best regards.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Vanoisueen69

#42 Post by Vanoisueen69 »

Thanks for the tips

It is important for me to know how did the SQL query look like? I know it was simple, but it will help me to understeand problem.

Pelo

Rubrica2 adress book

#43 Post by Pelo »

Lettre postée, lettre morte. On ne va pas s'archarner. Musher0 a plus de courage que moi. çà n'interesse personne, mais vraiment personne ! :D
Rubrica elle ne recharge pas le travail. La rubrique 'rubrica a disparu du site de Nicola, notre bel italien. :roll:
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 22 Sep 2014, 08:43, edited 7 times in total.

Pelo

Memo about Osmo.

#44 Post by Pelo »

The only ways to import tasks in Osmo is to save the hidden files somewhere and to install them Before Starting Osmo. Once started, osmo cannot import tasks, even .ics.
Import tasks in OSMO
If by chance somebody else has to do yr tasks, because your are the boss, use column categorie to remember who is in charge to satisfy you. .
How do I exchange Osmo data with other programs or devices ? What data exchange formats does Osmo support ?
but the best method of transferring your Osmo information is to create a backup of the entire PIM in the Options / General window (toward the bottom) and save the backup file somewhere portable. Then recreate the entire Osmo instance on another computer with OSMO running there, using the same backup window in the new or other Osmo program on another computer.
Thanks a lot for information received via UBUNTU USERS.
At its current stage of development in 2013, we do not recommend data imports from applications like KOrganizer, Evolution, etc. to Osmo. If you do you will be disappointed ;-), or just work really hard. If you do the work, share your results! Tell others here or on the discussion forum.
Attachments
Ical.jpg
Importing .ics : from préférences Menu en bas.
(87.69 KiB) Downloaded 741 times

musher0

#45 Post by musher0 »

FWIW, to amateurs of older DB formats:

I have provided the details of my new DOSBox_Office-2a sfs here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... ost#751153

Among numerous other things, it contains PowerBrowse, Clut and DataPerfect for data
processing, and AsEasyAs 123, the spreadsheet program, now freeware.

If you want to save yourself a new learning curve, it's up to you. Considering gnumeric
understands wks and DBF, those "old" programs migth still bear some relevance.

BFN.

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

muggins

#46 Post by muggins »

I don't use databases myself, but two possible alternatives to portabase are:

QT4 based symphytum, and GTK based muibase

Pelo

Mighty Query runs Slacko 5.5

#47 Post by Pelo »

MightyQuery is a single user SQL database management software working with data stored as comma separated values (.csv, .txt) in plain, flat, textual files. It is serverless, self-contained, simple and effective SQL DBMS for querying CSV files. In contrast to most database systems, MightyQuery does not require neither server installation, neither external libraries.
Though there are other database solutions that can process single textual file, MightyQuery is distinguished from them by its SQL engine, by which you can query and modify CSV tables with power that is normally reserved for huge enterprize-level SQL engines.
If you need to process heterogenous business data exported from various enterprize ERP, MRP, Data Warehouse, Accounting or other database systems, MightyQuery could be your solution. It is, also, suitable for managing simple personal databases, in cases where installing and managing complicated SQL servers is overkill for you.
To enable processing of external data, Mighty Query contains importing utility, supporting wide range of SQL database servers, such as: PostgreSQL, Interbase, Firebird, MSSQL, Sybase, SQLite, Oracle, ado, ASA.

MightyQuery is developed by using Lazarus Free Pascal RAD IDE (www.lazarus.freepascal.org) and zmsql package (http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/3Cw6 ... r=94126104; http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php ... l#msg74492).
ZMSQL package is based on TBufDataset and JanSQL database engine, which original code is written Jan Verhoeven (http://jansfreeware.com) and released under MPL 1.1. license.

You can download MightyQuery's source code and binaries from:
http://matalab.freehostia.com
Last edited by Pelo on Fri 13 May 2016, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.

charlie6

#48 Post by charlie6 »

Hi,
muggins wrote:I don't use databases myself, but two possible alternatives to portabase are:

MUIbase requires gtk+v3.4 ...

on a fresh pristine dpup-wheezy_3.5.2.11 install: it has embedded gtk+3

Just got a quick install of the MUIbase deb archive: it seems to run OOTB (no claim for extra dependency addition).

Good news: there are both french and german locales :D;
as also an embedded html tutorial !

I'll try to define a table when I'll get more free time, maybe this coming winter... :?

Regards, Charlie

Dingo

#49 Post by Dingo »

maybe portabase 2.1 made stand-alone (built with static qt 4.7.3 libs and then packaged as stand-alone application) can be worthy to be considered?

http://dokupuppylinux.info/stand_alone_ ... :databases

tested in Puppy linux from 5.2.5 to 3.01 (theoretically it runs into any Linux environment), without dependencies needed

portabase 2.1 also supports html export
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

Dingo

#50 Post by Dingo »

muggins wrote:I don't use databases myself, but two possible alternatives to portabase are:

I built symphytum 1.2 with qt 4.7.3 static libs

http://dokupuppylinux.info/stand_alone_ ... mphytum_12

no dependencies needed, hopefully working in any puppy version
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux