the kennel (networked puppies)

Promote Puppy !
Lobster
Official Crustacean

Re: puppy&dsl

#16 Post by Lobster »

dougtheslug wrote:by installing dsl on a separate partition and chrooting into it I was able to have my cake and eat it too (use NXclient in dsl from puppy) .
all dsl icons apeared on my puppy screen by fluke when I refreshed the dsl desktop while chrooted into it , it freaks me out to see both sets of icons on the same screen and being able to use them all .
now if I could only automate the process I'll be one happy camper.
I gess I just have to learn more about scripting
dougtheslug wrote: all dsl icons apeared on my puppy screen by fluke when I refreshed the dsl desktop while chrooted into it , it freaks me out to see both sets of icons on the same screen and being able to use them all .
now if I could only automate the process I'll be one happy camper.
I guess I just have to learn more about scripting
Interesting. You may have the basis of a hybrid. Can this process occur from CD? If Puppy recognition of hardware does not work can the DSL routines be called (in boot up)? Or grub boot up from either? Is this a job for puptrix.org?

Once DSL is changed over from fluxbox to JWM (possible in the latest version) There is little between them (though of course the Puppy menu is far superior) . . .

m m m . . .

8)
here is some scripting to be going on with . . .
http://www.grymoire.com/Unix/Sed.html
Last edited by Lobster on Fri 02 Dec 2005, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

dougtheslug

jwm

#17 Post by dougtheslug »

I am working on making the dsl -jwm menu look like the one in puppy , I had it working once with fvwm so it should not be too hard , thanks for the links I will look them up tonight.
Show them how to make their own bread and tomorow the will have their own bakery