Googling Perenjori: Is Barry in contact with Aliens?

Promote Puppy !
aahhaaa

Googling Perenjori: Is Barry in contact with Aliens?

#1 Post by aahhaaa »

funny things come up when you Google...

I happened on a giant new Deep Space ground station in New Norcia:
http://www.esa.int/spacecraftops/ESOC-A ... 10809.html

Also, a UFO 'sighting' was reported recently in New Norcia:
http://www.ufoevidence.org/sightings/report.asp?ID=6917

Thing is (as Australian distances go) Perenjori is practically nextdoor to New Norcia...

Googling Perenjori gets stuff like this from Walkabout:
'Perenjori is a little more interesting than most of the northern wheatbelt towns.' :roll:

I'd guess so...:wink:... only thing missing is crop circles!

Just curious, Barry, but do the folks in Perenjori know what you are up to? That you are putting them 'on the map'? That computers all over the world are running your stuff? :D
Attachments
BarrysYard.jpg
(8.7 KiB) Downloaded 1721 times

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

Just curious, Barry, but do the folks in Perenjori know what you are up to? That you are putting them 'on the map'? That computers all over the world are running your stuff?
Actually, no. The neighbours know I'm into computers, but that's about it.
I have mentioned to a few people that I develop a Linux distro, but just got
polite but blank looks.

aahhaaa

#3 Post by aahhaaa »

Hope this gave you a chuckle... the other Perenjori pix that came up were of a church and a railstop that looked like what you'd use in a movie called 'Outback'. You're definitely more rural than me. The stars must be incredible- always wanted to see those southern constellations. Mebbe we could have a global convention there, long about Puppy 5.0? :D

gliezl

#4 Post by gliezl »

BarryK wrote:I have mentioned to a few people that I develop a Linux distro, but just got polite but blank looks.
Or maybe they don't know what is Linux all about? :wink: If I'm your neighbor, I would say, "Wow!" :D

P.S. Christ was ignored in his very own town, Nazareth. Well they say "he's only a son of a carpenter." :)
[color=blue][i]"If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it."
~Margaret Fuller[/i][/color]

Ted XP

All about town

#5 Post by Ted XP »

www.perenjori.wa.gov.au
wow! a runway with night lights
and stud services, and a world record harvester DVD

rarsa

#6 Post by rarsa »

Woow, I just read the stats! 700 People in all perenjori. My highscool had 3000 and my university 300,000!

Hard to fathom such a large extension with so much to harvest with so few people.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#7 Post by BarryK »

rarsa wrote:Woow, I just read the stats! 700 People in all perenjori. My highscool had 3000 and my university 300,000!

Hard to fathom such a large extension with so much to harvest with so few people.
Yeah, 8214 Square Kilometres... using Puppy's tkConvert program, that's
3171 Square Miles.

#8 Post by Guest »

gliezl wrote:If I'm your neighbor, I would say, "Wow!"
If I'm your neighbour, I would say "Wow!" too :lol:

BarryK
Puppy Master

#9 Post by BarryK »

rarsa wrote:Woow, I just read the stats! 700 People in all perenjori. My highscool had 3000 and my university 300,000!
Perenjori doesn't even have a high school, just a very tiny primary school.

The school bus goes past my door. Kids who attend high school have to sit in it for up to an hour -- another place, Morawa, has a high school.
Or, rich farmers send their kids to boarding school in Perth.

Pizzasgood

#10 Post by Pizzasgood »

Kids who attend high school have to sit in it for up to an hour
A whole hour! WOaaHHH!!!
....not

I grew up on a farm and had an hour long bus ride to the school. The school itself contained k-12th grade, yet had a total of 300 people. I actually thought it was big at the time....

Now, I live in a subdivision in a small town near a large city not far from a huge city. The school (in the large city) has around 2500 kids, and that's only for 9th-12th grade. Yet, I still have a 50 minute bus ride. So, I'm now a senior and have ridden the bus with an hour long ride there and back for nearly 12 years. There were a couple parts here and there where I had a 15-30 minute ride that add up to about a year total.

So, an hour long ride seems like nothing to me. Daily rutine. From what I can tell by other people's reactions when they hear that I get up at 6:30 to get on the bus at 7:00 and get to school at around 8:00, it's pretty rough. Must of them get up at 8:00 and get to school at 8:20. It starts at 8:30. Then, it's the same thing to get home. Bell rings at 15:30, I get off the bus at 16:20.

I don't mind, though, because I'm able to get all my homework (minus art and essays) done on the bus, so I don't have to sacrifice my more valuble "at-home" time doing it. Believe it or not, I actually concentrate better on the bus. The only problem is the whole "no radio/cdplayer/anything-fun" rule. Apparently, anything besides primary colors, blue-jeans, and humming is gang-related or otherwise evil. Except the goths. They come to school with eye shadow covering their faces (and they're guys), and they are ignored. But if anyone else does anything even slightly out of whack from the rest, it's gang-related. I'm actually surprised I haven't been called out for my speed-walking (I actually have to think about it to walk as slow as everyone else. I'm not in a hurry, I just move faster. Comes in handy at lunch time, though.).

Okay, so they aren't forcing primary-colored clothes yet, but that's just because we've all been pushed to the limit, so if they tried banning anything else, we'd just ignore them. And it's hard to punish 2500 students :twisted:
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

MU

#11 Post by MU »

I grew up in a small village in flat northern germany, and used the 1-hour-school-bus for 6 years. The last 2 years, we had cars, they just needed 15 minutes.
The bus stopped in every small town with more than a dozen houses.

Compared to Australia this is strange, because in germany approx 1/5 of the amount of US-citizens live in a region that has the size of a single US-state.
The bus was so crowded, we often had to stand the whole time, so no go for the homework.

Now I live in a big city, and really appreciate the subway. I can reach even the outer regions very cheap and quite fast. Forrest, river-beach, and just 80 Kilometers to the sea by train :)

The thing I liked most in the bus was watching and necking the girls ;)
Nowadays I just watch them (the ladys) :P
But the computer keeps me away from using public transport very often.

Greets, Mark

Ted Dog

School bus trips

#12 Post by Ted Dog »

Where I live three different school districts' buses drive past my ranch, like clockwork same time each school day. Two I can understand cross my road are the nearest districts and kids on my road have attended either district over the years. However, the third districts bus is from 40 miles away and drives by almost an hour later. I know the one I pay my taxes to makes me drive 70 miles to pay them (about 16 dollars a year), I live in a large motorhome and save house taxes in Texas. :wink: :wink: . It cost 7 times more to drive it 70 miles. :x
The pictures on my website of the mother cow&calf was taken from inside the RV, I fed the mother apples when she was a cute calf and she will nounge the RV to remind me to feed or water the hurd.
:shock:

BarryK
Puppy Master

#13 Post by BarryK »

When I was a little kid, I had to walk 3 miles just to catch the school bus.
So, an hour+ walk, then a 45 minute bus ride to school, reverse process after school.
Later on, the bus route changed, and went past our house.

I'm waiting for someone to post that they had to ride 10 miles on a horse, then ford a river...

aahhaaa

#14 Post by aahhaaa »

I'm far enough north that the morning school bus roars by in the dark this time of year. I don't quite understand why little kiddies have to be rousted out of bed like factory workers on shift. I thought computers would change all that. We have lots of home schooling around here too- that way they can teach Flat Earth & Intelligent Design and whatever other notions they can't get past the school board... yet. This is not the 21st Century I expected.

Maud_Dib

#15 Post by Maud_Dib »

BarryK wrote:When I was a little kid, I had to walk 3 miles just to catch the school bus.
Was that three mile walk uphill both Ways ? :P
Folding for TeamMacOSX