Menu shortcut keeps failing, Puppy's 4th series.

Please post any bugs you have found
Oakems

Menu shortcut keeps failing, Puppy's 4th series.

#1 Post by Oakems »

This and another thing has affected me through all of Puppy's 4th series. I would have reported it sooner but I don't know how to reproduce it/explain it properly. But here it goes anyway.

Whenever I close Opera (but not all the time). The thing that controls the Menu shortcuts (which are F12 and Alt+F1) stops working. Sometimes this will just happen after a while of using Opera (about an hour or so). I haven't found a way to reproduce this directly and I'm not sure of the exact cause. The only way I can fix this is by restarting X, but the weird thing is if I leave ROX open in the background and then close Opera this tends not to happen and the shortcuts will still work (not always though).

Also when Opera 10 is open and it happens, when I try the Alt+F1 combo I get 'File' selected in the top left corner like you would when you just press Alt on its own.

This is on a PIII with 547MB's of ram currently running 4.2 deeperthought full install, and this has happened on a PII with only 64MB's of ram, running Puppy 4.1.2 and the official Puppy 4.2. again full installs.

If there's any more information needed please don't hesitate to ask, I did read the howto, but if you don't know how to reproduce the bug, or how to get any relevant information on it, it means you have nothing to post? Does that mean it shouldn't be reported?

Edit: I've discovered that it does actually affect all my shortcuts :( and that things will start working again if I manually open ROX via clicking on the Menu. It seems like the thing that makes the shortcuts work keeps crashing, bizarre!

Edit: Switched to Firefox and everything's fine.