Macromedia Flash plugin doesn't work with FVWM95 in 1.0.5

Please post any bugs you have found
spark

Macromedia Flash plugin doesn't work with FVWM95 in 1.0.5

#1 Post by spark »

I'm not sure if this should be considered to be a "bug" since 'fvwm95' is no longer the default window manager. Anyway, after installing 1.0.5-Mozilla with the default window manager ('jwm') I was able to visit web sites that required the Macromedia Flash plugin.

However, once I installed 'fvwm95' using "PupGet", web sites requiring the Macromedia Flash plugin were no longer visible?

Puppy 1.0.4 did not have this problem, but of course 'fvwm95' was the default window manager in that version.

spark

#2 Post by spark »

A followup:

An important thing I forgot in my first post is that I am running MU's "Xorg" version of Puppy 1.0.5 (and a beautiful thing it is). So, I performed a re-installation of 1.0.5, and instead of loading Xorg first (using Xvesa instead), I loaded "FVWM95", and there were no problems like those descibed in my first post. That is, I could view web sites that required a Macromedia Flash plugin using either JWM or FVWM95.

Although it shouldn't affect the web browser, when time permits I will now re-install Xorg to see if I can reproduce the problem. However, since "Xorg" is not an integral part of Puppy (I wish that it was), I guess this is not a "bug".

spark

#3 Post by spark »

Yeah, it has been quite a while, but I didn't like leaving a "loose end". I finally got back to looking at this problem. I determined that the problem is related to the use of Xorg, but apparently my specific use. That is, with a generic "xorg.conf" file I was able to view web sites that required a Macromedia Flash plugin with either JWM or FVWM95.

Something in my "xorg.conf" file is causing the problem, but I doubt if I will find the time to find out just what it is. I have a bit more complicated set up using "xinerama", enabling "DPMS", etc.

Anyway, after an extensive search of the web I found a "blurb" that suggested putting the following statement in the file that started up Mozilla (which in PL 1.0.5 is