#1 Post by Aitch »

NEW FORUM as at November 2011

In case you haven't heard.......

In The event of murga-linux forum outages,

....or if you fancy a villagey in relation to the big city bustle, here...goto

http://puppylinux.info/

Bookmark it! and register/join, if you haven't already

thanks

John M, you are welcome to join, too - you could just be an ordinary member, instead of he-who-bears-the-load
(and they call me BOSS!) :wink:

Aitch :)

raffy

24-hour duty

#2 Post by raffy »

Opening a forum is a 24-hour duty, and so it is with hesitation that I put up the puppylinux.info alternate forum. Before the dust could settle, unusual questions by an old ML "friend" started - *phew* - it was good that the three of us came out of that encounter with no lost limbs. :lol:

I initially selected 3 old hands as admins by the order of appearance in the forum and their favorable time zone order: Lobster (UK), 8-bit (West USA) and scsijon (AU). Later, I added Aitch (UK) because I needed help for an urgent task.

That's how 4 admins got selected at the alternate forum. As to moderators, Lobster has been appointing some others.

Having this ML forum back is a relief, and in the other site, we will continue working in ways that will help Puppy Linux users more.

Thanks all for your support.
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

Aitch

#3 Post by Aitch »

Thanks again to John M also, for his support, in general, but also, since restoring this forum, in including an active link to puppylinux.info in the header of each page, as;
""THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info"
...and signing up as a member

We are proud to have you amongst us, John :D

WE are Puppy - you will be assimilated :lol: :wink:

Aitch :)

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

As to moderators, Lobster has been appointing some others.
Soon after being made admin :shock: I made nooby a moderator. What could possibly go wrong? Nooby may think he is a pessimist. I think he has a latent positivity. :)
I was such a bad moderator on this forum, that I was given just one thread to moderate and all my powers were stripped. Good thing too.
Being owner is even more work as raffy has pointed out.

The new forum has yet to emerge with a distinct voice. The Murga forum is our big dog and the new one is our puppy.

Puppy Linux
Supporting your computer
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D