Linux MultiMedia Studio - LMMS

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
aragon

#16 Post by aragon »

PupGeek wrote:I am using puppy 4.2.1 with its original ALSA.... Not sure how to find ALSA's version, though.
not needed, the libs are 1.0.19. i will have a look at it tomorrow.

aragon

PupGeek

#17 Post by PupGeek »

Never mind aragon. I started over with it and realized that I went a little crazy with the dependencies. This time I put them in one at a time and tried to run lmms from the commandline each time. I put in a dependency file or link each time it asked for it until it ran successfully and now I have sound and all... My next project will be Ardour.

aragon

#18 Post by aragon »

:D well done
aragon

Nymphobe

#19 Post by Nymphobe »

i have troubles using subj - instruments properties window shows up shrinked and unexpandable renders most of functions unreachable. Is it cureable?
Attachments
lmmssnapshot.jpg
(66.93 KiB) Downloaded 620 times

aragon

#20 Post by aragon »

You seem to be running on a netbook, so my guess is,that the resolution is simply to low...

But nevertheless, i've no idea if and how your issue could be solved.

Sorry
Aragon

CatDude

#21 Post by CatDude »

Hello Nymphobe

Looking at that snapshot you posted,
can you not just drag that scrollbar on the right up to the top :?:

CatDude
[img]http://www.smokey01.com/CatDude/.temp/sigs/acer-futile.gif[/img]

Nymphobe

#22 Post by Nymphobe »

Yep i running on a netbook with lo-resolution display.
Just found some freaky way workaround.
* I change resolution to any with hi height. (in my case i swithed display mode to rotated so it's resolution is 480x800) * then launch LMMS and ensure the instrument window is fully expanded.
* then i change resolution back to normal so it is not shrunk anymore and easily useful with scrollable lmms desktop =-)

well this is not so convenient to do this routine every time i would like to compose so i ask to make some tweaks on the source to make instrument window either fully expanded on any resolution by default or expandable/scrollable by user.

Thanks for attention, aragon, CatDude, and everyone ^^

PupGeek

#23 Post by PupGeek »

@ Nymphobe:

If you can figure out how to make those preparations from the commandline, you can write a shell script that will do all that and then start lmms for you. That is my preferred method for doing repetitive tasks like that. It makes things a lot more convenient. And if you do, you can post the script here to share with others in the same situation. Doing that is like making a contribution to the program's development. Its a win-win for both you and the open source community :D

nooby

#24 Post by nooby »

Is this the latest that works for puppy?

Are lupu511 working with this one? Does it exist in some repository somewhere to install using ppm? As sfs maybe
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though