eeZos 0.6 -- Next release

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
nutts4life

#16 Post by nutts4life »

thane,

Thanks for trying out eeZos. If you had the pup_save file on your usb stick. eeZos would have recognised it automatically during startup and used it.

This is not great practice as it will have old puppy 412 configuration in there.

If you like to use both puppy 412 and eezos (based on 412), then i would recommend using two different usb sticks.

If you like eeZos and don't want to use puppy 412, then just remove the old pup_save from your usb and reload eezos from CD. When you exit it will ask where you want the save file saved to.

Thanks,

n4l

nutts4life

#17 Post by nutts4life »

Lobster,

Thanks for your comments.
My feelings are split with this.

I still believe people like feeling ownership of something and they also want to see all their belongings in one easy to manage place.

The problem i see with the cloud computing world at the moment is that it is very disjointed.

The likes of zoho only does office and you store your office files on a zoho server.

You use picnik to modify your images and keep them on their server.

amazon S3 comes along and says: 'look, store all your files here'. But then there is no connectivity between picnik and zoho.

I don't see eyeos as an OS. Personally i don't think it should keep developing tool like word processors and email systems as someone will always do it better.

What i think eyeOs could be good for is that link between all these 'best of breed' online tools.

Bascially it's an environment whihc allows you to see all your files and images and music in one place, then you send them off to your favorite online tool to modify them.

Whether those files and local files, files on a S3 drive or even local to the eyeOs server. The user feels like they have the files at their finger tips.

From what i understand that is were eyeOs are going. And that's why i like it.

puppy web desktop is great, but to me it's a very pretty interface with a lot of links on it.

I'm looking to push forward to see the next stage.

Thanks,

n4l

thane

#18 Post by thane »

Thanks, nutts4life. I guess I wasn't clear; I do have the various Puppies on separate sticks, including 4.2 now (great job by the way).

Current

#19 Post by Current »

I have installed this pupplet on an old iPAQ desktop 733 with 128Mb. My main problem is that I can't get the mini PC interface. It's there, the system says it's loaded (when I try to change it asks if I want to go to PC Mode) but the thing that happens is that loads briefly and then reverts to the default desktop. Any idea what I'm I doing wrong?
Thanks

droope

#20 Post by droope »

Looks real nice ;)

nutts4life

#21 Post by nutts4life »

Current,

Sorry for the time it's taken to get back.

I know the problem you have.

Open up the file /root/.xinitrc

Right at the bottom is a section that i have added that starts lxlauncher if it is in miniPC Mode.

You will see on the same line or the line before there is a sleep command with a number next to it.

Increase that number by a couple. So if it's 3 make it 5.

Save the file and try again. Flip back to PC mode, then to mini mode again.

I will make note of this and increase this time for the next release.

Thanks,

n4l

gopup

eyeOS demo

#22 Post by gopup »

Is the demo going to be operational soon.

This url returns with the message that it can not be found:
http://www.eyeos.nutts.biz/index.php

Are you updating the eyeOS?

Is there a problem on my side?

nutts4life

#23 Post by nutts4life »

gopup,

I'm really sorry. I've just bought myself a flat that needs alot of work done to it. So i haven't been supporting eeZos for a while.

Amongst all the carnage i had to move hosting providers, hence why it's dissappeared.

The next version of eeZos will have eyeOs installed in the OS, then use rsync to syncronise online.

If you go to the eyeSync app and update the details of configuration. Point the site to:
http://eyeos.info/?lang=en

This should take you to the main eyeOs site and that has a eyeOs portal for you to use.

Sorry and i will be back with this soon... new and improved.

n4l

gopup

eeZos

#24 Post by gopup »

Look forward to the eeZos update.

Wanted to evaluate eyeOS compatibility, using legacy browsers (on different types of connections) using the eyeOS demo server. This system has an old browser on the desktop, that is likely going to be replaced with the eeZos desktop. Apparently the Firefox browser (over 4 years old) does not satisfy the requirements to work the eyeos demo. The demo does not return a message that the browser is not supported. This will not be an issue with the eeZos on the desktop, but it would be nice if the eeZos provides notification to the user when a browser is not supported. This is an issue for eyeOS and my desktop, look forward to the updated release of eeZos.

Are there other open source clouds that can operate as private clouds?

nutts4life

#25 Post by nutts4life »

gopup,

I got your private message, i will reply to you with the answers soon.

Remember i just designed the puppy based os. eyeos is a spereate online os, you can find more info here:
www.eyeos.org

I have done lots of research into this and eyeos is by far the best opensource online cloud solution. There are many many online os's for 'free'. But none offer you the ability to run as a private network.

As yours is for education purposes, there is also a version of eyeos especially made for education. Take a look a the site i put above.

I will get back to your private message soon. Let me just finish painting some of my flat!

n4l

timremy

eezos

#26 Post by timremy »

hello nuts4life

i have tried to follow the instructions and no results.

the eyeos synchionization will not hold the correct

url.

also tried to set up an account and nothing happens.

do you have complete instructions?

thank you

timremy

timremy

eezos

#27 Post by timremy »

hello

seems thread is dead.

tried to re download eezos, thought i might have a bad download.

web site will not download.

so my question is : is anybody out there?

timremy

nutts4life

#28 Post by nutts4life »

timremy,

First of all, my sincerest apolgies for not getting back. As mentioned in an earlier post, my life has been truned upside down with a house move. I'm struggling to get time to get my PC up and running and working back on eezos. I will be there though i promise!

Eezos seems to download fine from my www.eezos.com website.

The url you are looking for is stored in a file, i will tell you where that file is when i get it running again (in the next couple of days) and run through exactly how to edit it.

Thanks,

n4l