Bluedog

News, happenings
tronkel

Bluedog

#1 Post by tronkel »

@turpin

Here is my /etc/rc.d/rc.local that modprobes various modules some of which are for WLAN on the Asus 901GO (built-in modem)
#this file called from rc.sysinit
#you can edit this file
#When firewall is installed, will append lines to this file...
modprobe pl2303
modprobe option
modprope wlan_wep
modprobe pciehp pciehp_force=1
modprobe asus_acpi
acpid
modprobe evdev
modprobe ieee80211_crypt_wep
modprobe arc4
modprobe ecb
modprobe crypto_blkcipher
Try this or a subset of this on your Asus 700.

Bluedog is really intended as a simple test for the latest Unleashed. It doesn't attempt a complete re-vamp - simply trial to see if it would make a good basis for more comprehensive puplets. They seem to be popular nevertheless because of the Firefox replacement for Seamonkey.

Sorry about the wallpaper - LOL. I always seem to have bother trying to find a nice graphic of a blue dog! We could start a competition for the best bluedog picture in the forum. The winner would get included in the next Bluedog version.

@turpin
I'm thinking of making a special ISO for the Asus eeepc so that it works with WLAN and mobile broadband out-of-the-box. I might base this on Bluedog. I find that 4.1.2 works well on the Asus and is a mighty fine replacement - maybe the best replacement for the dreaded Xandros.

One more major bug in 4.1.2 to go though - CUPS printing. What a nightmare! I've spent days on this already and still no joy.
Life is too short to spend it in front of a computer