Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 28 Jul 2014, 16:41
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Networking
Bridging Network interfaces in Puppy 4.1 LLC modules needed
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
sa110_mk

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jan 2009, 16:01    Post subject:  Bridging Network interfaces in Puppy 4.1 LLC modules needed
Subject description: Need to bridge eth0 and tap0

I am looking to bridge eth0 and tap0. Tap0 is used by an emulator running under Puppy.
I have found instructions for doing this in another forum (http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=27840&sid=0cbff00acfaea8d349bedf09765d3120). It was said that the kernel llc modules were missing. They were provided on that post, but this related to Puppy 3. The modules provided will not load under Puppy 4.

Does anyone have the llc modules for puppy 4?

Alternatively I am using the built in firewall's internet connection sharing to route traffic between the two networks eth0 and tap0. However some file sharing software running on the emulator on tap0 will not work. I am lead to believe this is because broadcasts are not being forwarded between the two networks. The file sharing software uses UDP. Anyone know how to forward broadcasts?
01micko

PostPosted: Fri 16 Jan 2009, 04:35    Post subject:  

Hi sa110_mk
I found this from forum member 'claude' http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=36909&sid=90844f1788d0c4dda1ddbc84ed1f535e and see that he has what we want installed on his "PC2 is running Skinny 4.0 with bridge-utils-1.2 installed (including llc module) "
I need it too to network an old box to my wireless lan thru my puppy machine running 412.
I wonder if skinny 4 has it or claude compiled it? I have seen 'bridge-utils' on the web but the llc module is kernel specific. I'll search more and see if I can come up with something. Wink

Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Networking
Jump to: