How to make VB for Slacko 5.3.2.4?

Virtual machines, emulation, etc.
Icyos

How to make VB for Slacko 5.3.2.4?

#1 Post by Icyos »

Hi All

I have Slacko 5.3.2.4 running sweet as a nut with all the software I need except me VB as there is no .pet for my kernel which is 3.1.10-slacko_4gx3

Can anyone help me please make a vb pet for me pup as its holding me videos up, ta all hugs.

TheAsterisk!

Re: Help With making VB for me Slacko 5.3.2.4 Please

#2 Post by TheAsterisk! »

Slacko 5.3.2.4 is a beta or preview release, right?

Assuming I can download a "devx" SFS and the kernel sources, it's pretty darned easy. In fact, if you can download those and install them, then you should be able to install one of my dot-pet VirtualBox packages, which sets itself up and compiles its driver on installation. (That would be this one here, if you'd rather do it yourself.)

Let me take a few minutes, check the thread(s), and I'll check back here in a bit.

EDIT: Done. Please see two posts down.
Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Thu 15 Mar 2012, 14:46, edited 6 times in total.

TheAsterisk!

#3 Post by TheAsterisk! »

Redundant post. Sorry! :oops:
Last edited by TheAsterisk! on Tue 13 Mar 2012, 06:45, edited 2 times in total.

TheAsterisk!

#4 Post by TheAsterisk! »

I've added both the drivers packages, one for 5326 and one for 5324, to my VirtualBox guide.

thread

Before you try to install and run VirtualBox on Slacko 5324 or 5326, you should install the high performance drivers for your system, in order to satisfy a libGL dependency. (I installed and ran Mesa on my system via Slickpet, with an old ATI Mobility Radeon card.)