Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 02 Sep 2014, 17:39
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Moonlight plug-in for Firefox or IceCat aka. "silverlight"
Page 2 of 3 [36 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
willem1940NLD

PostPosted: Sun 07 Aug 2011, 20:57    Post subject:  

AF Branden wrote:
Please let me know if you get moonlight working in firefox 5.0. I was trying to apply for a job but I can't even access the website because it utilizes silverlight.
Question Question

Normally, at clicking a video in such websites, it offers you to install Silverlight; accept and it will change in Moonlight offer, follow instructions.

Click any orange link marked "bekijk":
http://www.publiekeomroep.nl/
AF Branden

PostPosted: Sun 07 Aug 2011, 21:09    Post subject:  

I followed the step-by-step instructions but it gives me a message, "Novell Moonlight could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 5.0"

EDIT: I got it to install into Firefox 4.0, but it doesn't function.

Last edited by AF Branden on Mon 08 Aug 2011, 23:40; edited 1 time in total
John51

PostPosted: Mon 08 Aug 2011, 11:47    Post subject: Moonlight with Firefox
Subject description: plug-in crashes

Is there a trick to get Moonlight to work with Firefox. I'm trying to use it to watch a live video stream at
http://www.kptv.com/category/210121/watch-fox-12-live-video-stream?redirected=true

The stream works in Windows but always crashes in Puppy.

Thanks
Icyos

PostPosted: Fri 02 Sep 2011, 04:58    Post subject: Re: Moonlight with Firefox
Subject description: plug-in crashes

John51 wrote:
Is there a trick to get Moonlight to work with Firefox. I'm trying to use it to watch a live video stream at
http://www.kptv.com/category/210121/watch-fox-12-live-video-stream?redirected=true

The stream works in Windows but always crashes in Puppy.

Thanks

Hi i'm using my own rexbang build, with Google Chrome 13, installed moonlight and went to site you listed played back fine no issues after it installed its codecs. Ill make a video and post it on my site of how I did it for you.

John51

PostPosted: Fri 02 Sep 2011, 11:25    Post subject: Moonlight in Puppy/Rexbang  

I think the problem may be that the codecs aren't downloading. I did get it to install in Linux Mint but there the video quality is poor compared to Windows on the site I referenced above. Note that site only runs with live video in the mornings and afternoons Pacific Time, other times its traffic cameras.
Icyos

PostPosted: Sat 03 Sep 2011, 02:14    Post subject: Re: Moonlight in Puppy/Rexbang  

John51 wrote:
I think the problem may be that the codecs aren't downloading. I did get it to install in Linux Mint but there the video quality is poor compared to Windows on the site I referenced above. Note that site only runs with live video in the mornings and afternoons Pacific Time, other times its traffic cameras.

Hi all Moonlight installed again on Puppy 5.28 no issues and i have done you a video so you can see, and yes ive got traffic cameras lol but i am from England do forgive me. Video Link : MoonLight Guys n gals i also tested the other sites out including SkyNews HD, a Telescope site and RTL in Dutch and all worked just fine.

John51

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2011, 12:06    Post subject: Moonlight in Puppy/Rexbang  

I solved my problem with moonlight codecs not downloading by upgrading my video driver from the quickpet menu. Thanks to Icyos for the video proving it could be done. /John
Icyos

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2011, 15:35    Post subject: Re: Moonlight in Puppy/Rexbang  

John51 wrote:
I solved my problem with moonlight codecs not downloading by upgrading my video driver from the quickpet menu. Thanks to Icyos for the video proving it could be done. /John

Hi John I am so glad for you buddy and yes i must do a video telling users its the first thing they should do, welll done John enjoy your sites matey.

willem1940NLD

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct 2011, 12:01    Post subject:  

Puppy 525 upgraded to 528 (I guess, not quite clear to me) and Firefox 6.0.

Attempt to install Moonlight for the umptieth time, message: not compatible with Firefox 6.0
Makoto

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct 2011, 14:44    Post subject:  

You can try 'convincing' Firefox to install extensions it believes aren't compatible with the Add-on Compatibility Reporter extension, or perhaps go into about:config and change extensions.checkCompatibility to 'false'. (You may also need to change extensions.checkUpdateSecurity as well...)

Edit: You may also have a number of entries with the version number at the end of extensions.checkCompatibility (like extensions.checkCompatibility.6.0, extensions.checkCompatibility.6.0a. If that's the case, set them all to 'false', too.

willem1940NLD

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct 2011, 20:20    Post subject:  

Makoto wrote:
You can try 'convincing' Firefox to install extensions it believes aren't compatible with the Add-on Compatibility Reporter extension, or perhaps go into about:config and change extensions.checkCompatibility to 'false'. (You may also need to change extensions.checkUpdateSecurity as well...)

Edit: You may also have a number of entries with the version number at the end of extensions.checkCompatibility (like extensions.checkCompatibility.6.0, extensions.checkCompatibility.6.0a. If that's the case, set them all to 'false', too.
Thank you for your effort.

I did not find the items you mentioned; install attempts killed Firefox twice, first time with automatic re-install at reboot but all settings lost, second time beyond repair. Meanwhile no more Ff 6 in Petget but 7.0 instead, which reluctantly installed. Will not retry for the time being.
Makoto

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct 2011, 23:54    Post subject:  

If you're in the about:config editor, just type 'extensions.check' in the search bar at the top of the browser pane (below your tabs and the address bar), without the quotes. It should narrow the list down to the entries that begin with, or contain, that text.

Of course, you can also enter as much of any entry as you want ("extensions.checkUpdateSecurity" will bring up only that entry, for example.)

willem1940NLD

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct 2011, 09:32    Post subject:  

Moonlight now installed in meanwhile updated Ff 7.01 and reads "disabled" and "not compatible".

Clicked everything I saw but did not see "about, config" etc..

Edit: found I must type about:condig in adress field. Saw all lines "extensions.check" already marked "false".

Read plenty about the problem on Web, only "maybe" solutions that might work for some.

http://support.mozilla.com/nl/questions/874753

http://support.mozilla.com/nl/questions/881829
Makoto

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct 2011, 17:51    Post subject:  

Did you try installing the Add-on Compatibility Reporter extension I linked to, above? Normally, it should re-enable all the extensions, even the ones Firefox believes are incompatible. Some people do claim it doesn't work properly for them, though.
willem1940NLD

PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct 2011, 19:50    Post subject:  

Both "reporter" and moonlight killed Firefox twice again and even Skype sfs (strangely) still not fully healed.

Off board now both 2, sick jokes I find them.
Page 2 of 3 [36 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: