Puppy 4.2 Alpha3 Seamonkey Bugs & Fixes

Pizzasgood

#16 Post by Pizzasgood »

As others have mentioned, you seem to have included the drive icons from your own system.

Also, is the "mount" icon supposed to look faded-out like that?

I am in love with the GTK theme. The only thing that doesn't seem consistent is that the arrow-buttons on scrollbars don't light up orange when hovered over. Not a big deal.

What's up with the grub-gfxboot-README.txt and message.pup1 files that are in / ? Doesn't seem like they should be there...

The xorgwizard patch is still missing:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 607#256607
Without that, I have to manually configure the xorg.conf file to get Xorg to start.

It looks like all the Syslinux related stuff is right this time around. Cool.
Just to remind everyone with an Alpha - press f2 during boot from CD and type puppy pfix=ram so as not to interfere with any settings from other stable versions . . .
Actually, what they should really do is first backup their pup_save.2fs file, and then boot up without using pfix=ram. If it works correctly, it should give them a warning that they're attempting to boot an old pup_save.2fs file, and give them an option to skip loading the file and boot into ram similarly to using pfix=ram (it's slightly different in terms of which partitions are mounted, but no pup_save.2fs files should be loaded). That way we can make sure it works properly for everybody.

I'm sorry ttuuxxx, but I'm not feeling your IceWM themes (assuming you made them?). The clock portion is GREAT, but the title-bar looks like... how about I just don't say what it looks like. I'm trying to be constructive... Problems: too flat-and-black. The buttons are too bulbous - they just don't mesh with the rest of the title bar. It's like they were just tacked on with gum at the last minute. The other thing that bugs me is the width of the start button. Much too wide. It should be maybe 2/3 that size, or less.

But that clock is really nice. The title-bar buttons should look more like that. And they should look like they belong on the bar, not hot-glued onto it.

But that's just me. I have pretty odd tastes sometimes, so maybe I'm in the minority here. From what I understand, most people also think softdrinks (and hard drinks for that matter) are tasty and worth spending money on. Bunch of weirdos... ;)

Also I included the #puppylinux to automatically load when executing it, This is a first for Xchat packages, even the repo one didn't do that.
For the record, I am strongly against this practice. If it autologs you into the Puppy room, it should be labeled in a way to warn the user, or at least give an option. Better would be to have #puppylinux set as a bookmark or whatever, so that people who want to go someplace else don't have to dip in and then skip out right away. (Yes, there are other uses for chat than #puppylinux ;) )

Not that I actually ever use chat. But if I did, I'd find it extremely annoying.

Nothing against a dedicated icon labeled "Jump to #puppylinux" or "Puppy Chat Room" or something. Just shouldn't be the default action for the chat program itself.

I'm not trying to sound like a broken record. I won't bring it up again, for 4.2 anyway.
[size=75]Between depriving a man of one hour from his life and depriving him of his life there exists only a difference of degree. --Muad'Dib[/size]
[img]http://www.browserloadofcoolness.com/sig.png[/img]

ttuuxxx

#17 Post by ttuuxxx »

Pizzasgood wrote:As others have mentioned, you seem to have included the drive icons from your own system.

Also, is the "mount" icon supposed to look faded-out like that?

I am in love with the GTK theme. The only thing that doesn't seem consistent is that the arrow-buttons on scrollbars don't light up orange when hovered over. Not a big deal.

What's up with the grub-gfxboot-README.txt and message.pup1 files that are in / ? Doesn't seem like they should be there...

The xorgwizard patch is still missing:
Without that, I have to manually configure the xorg.conf file to get Xorg to start.

It looks like all the Syslinux related stuff is right this time around. Cool.
Just to remind everyone with an Alpha - press f2 during boot from CD and type puppy pfix=ram so as not to interfere with any settings from other stable versions . . .
Actually, what they should really do is first backup their pup_save.2fs file, and then boot up without using pfix=ram. If it works correctly, it should give them a warning that they're attempting to boot an old pup_save.2fs file, and give them an option to skip loading the file and boot into ram similarly to using pfix=ram (it's slightly different in terms of which partitions are mounted, but no pup_save.2fs files should be loaded). That way we can make sure it works properly for everybody.

I'm sorry ttuuxxx, but I'm not feeling your IceWM themes (assuming you made them?). The clock portion is GREAT, but the title-bar looks like... how about I just don't say what it looks like. I'm trying to be constructive... Problems: too flat-and-black. The buttons are too bulbous - they just don't mesh with the rest of the title bar. It's like they were just tacked on with gum at the last minute. The other thing that bugs me is the width of the start button. Much too wide. It should be maybe 2/3 that size, or less.

But that clock is really nice. The title-bar buttons should look more like that. And they should look like they belong on the bar, not hot-glued onto it.

But that's just me. I have pretty odd tastes sometimes, so maybe I'm in the minority here. From what I understand, most people also think softdrinks (and hard drinks for that matter) are tasty and worth spending money on. Bunch of weirdos... ;)

Also I included the #puppylinux to automatically load when executing it, This is a first for Xchat packages, even the repo one didn't do that.
For the record, I am strongly against this practice. If it autologs you into the Puppy room, it should be labeled in a way to warn the user, or at least give an option. Better would be to have #puppylinux set as a bookmark or whatever, so that people who want to go someplace else don't have to dip in and then skip out right away. (Yes, there are other uses for chat than #puppylinux ;) )

Not that I actually ever use chat. But if I did, I'd find it extremely annoying.

Nothing against a dedicated icon labeled "Jump to #puppylinux" or "Puppy Chat Room" or something. Just shouldn't be the default action for the chat program itself.

I'm not trying to sound like a broken record. I won't bring it up again, for 4.2 anyway.
I haven't seen alpha 3 yet, but the Icewm theme does sound like one of mine, and the buttons are loved by lots of puppy members, I've had tons of compliments about them, so you might be one of the few who don't like it. :wink:
As for xchat auto-login yes it does auto login into the #1puppylinux, but my friend that is done for all new users to find instant help :) and if you aren't a new user then you might just open Xchat up close the #puppylinux up then do the following
at the top click 'Xchat' button
then click 'Network List'
under networks 'freenode' will be highlighted, so click edit
untick 'Auto connect to this network on startup' and click close
ttuuxxx

@@@updated response@@@
As for the taskbar button width, that can be changes, Its still smaller than the actual menu, when you click it, one might think that it should be widen to match the menu width? But when I made the buttons its was for the pre-alpha stage and well I asked for input and didn't have much so I went with the size I used previously on other IceWm release that I made without any complaints, But it others do think its too wide, I'll change it, no problem, just remember the ice thing about icewm is the themes, if you don't like them, then install one you do like, You can never please 100% of people, someone always wants this added, this changed, this removed, etc, Lets just focus on getting the bugs fixed first and then, we can do the aesthetics if need be.
Xchat, pidgin, ayttm doesn't have profiles, so it would be hard to 2 ways of logging in, we could do the wm theme switch to it, but you wouldn't be able to save a changed profile.
Nobody ever complained about auto login to before when Barry did it.
How about this pizzagood you pretty linux keen, if you can figure out a way to have 2 icons on the desktop, 1 for auto-login to #1puppylinux and one just to login into freenode and say with a room list, Then package it up and we'll test it and if it works maybe WhoDO will use it:)
Sounds great to me. I just don't know how to do it and save changes that a user would make to a profile, like add there user account, password, etc.
ttuuxxx
Last edited by ttuuxxx on Tue 03 Feb 2009, 08:01, edited 1 time in total.

Tom Raft

Homebank and seamonkey

#18 Post by Tom Raft »

First of all I appreciate your hard word.

Maybe it is possible

a) to update homebank. It is now at version 4.0.2.

b) to polish seamonkey. If you use the seafox or seagnome theme the gtk-theme is adopted. Perhaps a challenge for ttuuxxx.

Best regards

Tom

01micko

#19 Post by 01micko »

Nice work!
Is that Seamonkey! What a difference.

Ok, first problem, and lucky for you Warren and me. The the 'func' files you have in /usr/local/pwidgets are the same. Whew :!: (as I wipe sweat from my brow). On restarting X 'xmovewindowbyclassname' is crashing X in JWM, Icewm is ok. That's why I asked for more testers because we had a lack of them, only me and trio, and he hasn't a puppy with JWM. Sometimes the most simple things can be overlooked. For the moment we click the clock. We will work hard to have it ready by the time you are up to RC status.

Second, no wireless if you have a netgear usb stick, wg111v2. The driver is misnamed. I did an 'lsmod' and it is loaded as 'r8187', not 'rtl8187', so I grabbed my young bloke's TP Link el cheapo stick and here I am using ralink driver. I'll post a shot of rxvt.

Other than that the first ten minutes have been fun! :)

Yeah, drive icon bug already mentioned, but where is the volume control? Sound is great OOTB.

Cheers

Mick
Attachments
rtl8187.jpg
(50.81 KiB) Downloaded 1706 times
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

WhoDo

#20 Post by WhoDo »

kirk wrote:I've been out of the loop for a while. Is 4.2 using the same kernel as 4.1.2 (2.6.25.16)? Xorg 7.3? Any other base package changes? Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked many times.
Yes, kirk. We haven't recompiled the kernel at all, and Xorg remains unchanged. Barry wanted us to start with "baby steps" and I must say that was good advice given the number of bugs we managed to introduce and then eliminate with just package updates and a very few new features. See my original post for all changes except for syslinux, which has been upgraded to allow for a fancy boot screen.
kirk wrote:Also make sure that ntfs-3g package was compiled in puppy, using the same version of FUSE.
It might be worth PM'ing coolpup with your questions/concerns here. He supplied the updated package but I found it was missing a dependency when building the iso. I don't know if that's critical which is why my warning in the announcement above. I'd be very grateful if you were able to check it out before we get into beta, just to be on the safe side.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]
SIP:whodo@proxy01.sipphone.com; whodo@realsip.com

HairyWill

#21 Post by HairyWill »

no wireless networking for me :(

Code: Select all

# modprobe ipw2200
WARNING: Error inserting ieee80211_crypt (/lib/modules/2.6.25.16/kernel/net/ieee80211/ieee80211_crypt.ko): Invalid module format
WARNING: Error inserting ieee80211 (/lib/modules/2.6.25.16/kernel/net/ieee80211/ieee80211.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
FATAL: Error inserting ipw2200 (/lib/modules/2.6.25.16/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/ipw2200.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
I will report further when I've had more sleep.
Will
contribute: [url=http://www.puppylinux.org]community website[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6c3nm6]screenshots[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6j2gbz]puplets[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/57gykn]wiki[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/5dgr83]rss[/url]

WhoDo

#22 Post by WhoDo »

pa_mcclamrock wrote:Now the bad news:

Many icons for nonexistent drives appear on the desktop.
My bad. :oops: Just a minor oversight is all. I neglected to clean out the drive assignments when I copied the working PuppyPin into the build tree. Opening /root/Choices/ROX-filer/PuppyPin with a text editor and deleting the lines with the non-existant drives should solve the problem. Fixed for beta release.
pa_mcclamrock wrote:Tk gives an error message--very strange, since rarsa's Tk 8.5.6 .PET didn't give me the same message on Puppy 4.1.1:

This probably means that tk wasn't installed properly.
And yet ... a Tk window appears, and you can put both Tk and Ttk widgets into it just as if the error message hadn't appeared!
I tested the installed Tcl/Tk apps and they worked fine so I guess the problem is maybe in what you are trying to do with the package? I have no idea about that one, so you should PM rarsa to have a look at it for both of us!
pa_mcclamrock wrote:XArchive still shows a bizarre list of "needed programs not found, ignored" when you open it--not a very user-friendly impression, to say the least.
Xarchive is going as soon as we get the references changed in the scripts that call it. Xarchiver will be the default for beta.
pa_mcclamrock wrote:I tried to find the GTK2 Stardust theme in the "Chtheme GTK Theme Chooser"--I couldn't find it! Not good! I do not think the new theme with dark trapezoids for scrollbars is an improvement. Plus, the new look will repel people who don't like orange, such as my wife. I like orange OK, but not quite that much of it!
A matter of taste but point taken. There should have been a whole host of Crystal Gtk2 themes there to please any palate. Did you not see or try those?
pa_mcclamrock wrote:Still to do: check sound, printing, integration with a copy of my pup_save file from Puppy 4.1.1, and more--but not tonight!
Back up your pup_save first! Sound should be fine although I can't test it because there isn't a working driver for my development machine. Printing could be seriously problematic. We'll see. I have the new CUPS installed but attempting to manage printers returns a 404 not found error.

Hope you had a good night's sleep.
[i]Actions speak louder than words ... and they usually work when words don't![/i]

ttuuxxx

#23 Post by ttuuxxx »

I'll look into the new HomeBank 4.0.2 released
jan 31st, 2009.
ttuuxxx
ok its compiled and working, I'll upload it in a few:)
also can we please do something about parsing the /root/.thumbnails at a given point, I've had my PC on for about a week and it has 77MB of thumbnails, that really should be automatically deleted like once every 5-6 hrs or so.
ttuuxxx
Attachments
thumbnails.jpg
(38.17 KiB) Downloaded 1691 times
Last edited by ttuuxxx on Tue 03 Feb 2009, 08:28, edited 3 times in total.
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

WhoDo

#24 Post by WhoDo »

Pizzasgood wrote:As others have mentioned, you seem to have included the drive icons from your own system.
Yep. Just an oversight. I neglected to delete them from the PuppyPin after I copied it to rootfs-complete following a fault-fixing session. Fixed now.
Pizzasgood wrote:Also, is the "mount" icon supposed to look faded-out like that?
Yep. It draws from the same icon as the Xevent in that theme. Icon themes are under review, so that will be dealt with summarily.
Pizzasgood wrote:I am in love with the GTK theme. The only thing that doesn't seem consistent is that the arrow-buttons on scrollbars don't light up orange when hovered over. Not a big deal.
....but something that ttuuxxx will be able to correct if you like.
Pizzasgood wrote:What's up with the grub-gfxboot-README.txt and message.pup1 files that are in / ? Doesn't seem like they should be there...
Deliberate. I wanted them to be readily accessible for those who want to try the new graphical grub. If someone could make me a PET package that will put everything where it's supposed to go AND allow the grub-gfxboot package to be used automagically when installing grub then they can go back where they belong.
Pizzasgood wrote:The xorgwizard patch is still missing:
My bad. :oops: I'll fix it right now for the next release. I knew I'd forget something ... :(
Pizzasgood wrote:I'm sorry ttuuxxx, but I'm not feeling your IceWM themes (assuming you made them?).
I certainly love the bones and paw that light up. That's very VERY Puppy and a definite attraction. Maybe for the default we need a more generic look in the title bar. I agree about the start button. That needs to be revised just a tad.
Pizzasgood wrote:Nothing against a dedicated icon labeled "Jump to #puppylinux" or "Puppy Chat Room" or something. Just shouldn't be the default action for the chat program itself.

It's the right idea ... at least for a hotline to online help. Maybe we can have two different startup parameters - one off the menu (generic) and one off the desktop (help specific).

ttuuxxx

#25 Post by ttuuxxx »

WhoDo wrote:
Pizzasgood wrote:I'm sorry ttuuxxx, but I'm not feeling your IceWM themes (assuming you made them?).
I certainly love the bones and paw that light up. That's very VERY Puppy and a definite attraction. Maybe for the default we need a more generic look in the title bar. I agree about the start button. That needs to be revised just a tad.
Okay Whodo, I'll revisit the titlebar, I'll make it 1 long traditional titlebar with the puppy paw and bones included, instead of the round bubble effect ok? It might take a bit of time, a couple of days, but sure , I like the paws and bones the most also, and can reuse them in a more traditional style of titlebar :)
ttuuxxx

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#26 Post by Lobster »

I did post on how this html file is the default page (offline) in 4.2
It is great work from Tecnosaurus and should not be forgotten or wasted Hope to see it in the beta.
http://pupweb.org/desktop/

Tecnosaurus what Warren needs is a file called home.htm - can you send it to him and the css?
placed here and the css also placed here

usr/share/doc/home.htm
It has another advantage over xchat (over 600k for an IRC program?)
Xchat can be replaced with meebo or another online service
Thanks to Ttuuxxx for reminding me that Aytm is buggy
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

ttuuxxx

#27 Post by ttuuxxx »

Homebank will take a bit of time to finish, maybe a couple of hours, Its working fine and all, its just the size of it, It has 46 SVG icons, grrrrrr, I have to resize and change the format to PNG. It uses 1.6MB extracted just for icons. When the whole folder, stripped down is 1960kb, so I'll be back with an update.
ttuuxxx

WhoDo

#28 Post by WhoDo »

Lobster wrote:I did post on how this html file is the default page (offline) in 4.2
It is great work from Tecnosaurus and should not be forgotten or wasted Hope to see it in the beta.
http://pupweb.org/desktop/
Why wait? Technosaurus supplied a modified home.htm that includes a link to the web desktop and that is IN Puppy 4.2a3 ... I hope.
Lobster wrote:Tecnosaurus what Warren needs is a file called home.htm - can you send it to him and the css?
placed here and the css also placed here

usr/share/doc/home.htm
Please check that there is a home.htm file in that location with a direct link to the Puppy web desktop. If you want the web desktop to replace the current startup page then you'd need to ensure all the links work. They didn't when I tried it - only one working link - but it's there in Alpha3 anyway.

HairyWill

#29 Post by HairyWill »

Warren,
If you suspect that there are still file collisions in your unleashed, the following should help

#!/bin/sh
#find collisions in unleashed tree, will fail on files with a # in their name

#Generate list of files with their root parent directory names cut from the 
#beginning and pasted onto the end escaped with # symbols.
#Piping this through sort should get collisions next to each other in the list
find . | sed 's/\//#/;s/\//#/;s/\(#.*#\)\(.*\)/\2\1/'|sort > filelist

#step through list comparing the front part of each line with the next line
while read B ;do
A1=$(echo $A | sed 's/#\(.*\)//')
B1=$(echo $B | sed 's/#\(.*\)//')
if [ "$A1" = "$B1" -a ! "$A1" = "." ] ;then
  echo $A
  echo $B
  echo
fi
A="$B"
done < filelist
if you run this inside the packages directory of the expanded unleashed tree it should identify any collisions to you. The end of each line will show which packages are involved.
Will
contribute: [url=http://www.puppylinux.org]community website[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6c3nm6]screenshots[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/6j2gbz]puplets[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/57gykn]wiki[/url], [url=http://tinyurl.com/5dgr83]rss[/url]

zigbert

#30 Post by zigbert »

Much good in this alpha! Seamonkey is beautiful.

Since I haven't heard anything, I guess I don't need to worry about the icon definitions that does not exist in /root/my-applications/bin/ ?

I think you have done a great work with the 16x16 icons !!!! I don't see my hack of fixmenus that improves the text in the menus. I guess you don't intend to use it (and that's ok for me), but the simple fix for getting some space between the icon and text is bullet proof, and I don't see any reason for not using it. It is just to add

sed -i -e 's/label="/label="  /g' ${ONEDEST} 
at the bootom of the script.

The fix of Pwidgets is under constuction, but it seems that the analog clock issue is more complex than earlier expected. I have scanned the Pwidgets topic and tested different solutions, but none seems to be 100%. I may have to fall back on the simulated mouseclick. Let's see. But remember, this is only a problem when using the analog clock widget. It also is reported that all works with icewm, but I don't really care about that :wink:

Gpicview with slideshow is really big news for Puppy. Very nice. I hoped to find a parameter to start the slideshow automatically. This way it could be called from Pfind which still points to qiv for a slideshow. qiv hasn't been around since Puppy3.

The author of this release must be a fan of solitaires. :D For us that's not, it would be nice with some alternatives. 5 out of 9 games are cards. Maybe a look at the forum topic 'top10 mini games' could give some ideas, or reinstall the missed tcl games from Puppy3 - Bubbles and 'the one MU was hacked on'. I don't remember the name.

GtKam crashes when I'm trying to download from camera. This happens also in Puppy 4.12. I have to return to 3.01 to get my photos???????

I also miss the Stardust gtk theme. The only macish choice and (only) 10kb. :)

Sigmund

ttuuxxx

#31 Post by ttuuxxx »

zigbert wrote:Much good in this alpha! Seamonkey is beautiful.

Sigmund
When I compiled SeaMonkey I replaced the default theme icons with icons from the seafox theme and had to use a small portion of the code for the menus, It saved a lot of space that way. :) no overlapping of images.
ttuuxxx

Ray MK

#32 Post by Ray MK »

Hi

Getting some very strange behaviour

Pup_save file filling up very quickly with Seamonkey cache files and then when flushed - Puppy memory display still shows as nearly full (red warning)

After closing down and rebooting to Icewm - sticky notes start and cant be closed, so changed to Jwm.
Then blinky, asapm and sticky are no longer in tray but are minimised in top left of screen.

Changed back twice - still not able to close or use said offending items.

So will delete pup_save and start again.

Much muttering and festering.

However - Seamonkey much improved.

Best regards - Ray

pa_mcclamrock

#33 Post by pa_mcclamrock »

WhoDo wrote:
pa_mcclamrock wrote:Tk gives an error message--very strange, since rarsa's Tk 8.5.6 .PET didn't give me the same message on Puppy 4.1.1:

This probably means that tk wasn't installed properly.
I tested the installed Tcl/Tk apps and they worked fine
The only ones I could find in the menu were a few Tk games that don't appear to use any Ttk widgets.
[ . . . ] so I guess the problem is maybe in what you are trying to do with the package?
No doubt--but what I'm trying to do with the package is pretty essential, "IMHO." For example, without Ttk, you can't conveniently set up a multi-column listbox or a progressbar, and you can't get scrollbars that at least look like the ones in the Opera classic theme or TextMaker, rather than antiquated Motif-like ones. I installed one of my programs (WISH Supernotepad) and tried to run it, but I got an error message about no Ttk.
I have no idea about that one, so you should PM rarsa to have a look at it for both of us!
Will do!
pa_mcclamrock wrote:I tried to find the GTK2 Stardust theme in the "Chtheme GTK Theme Chooser"--I couldn't find it! Not good! I do not think the new theme with dark trapezoids for scrollbars is an improvement. Plus, the new look will repel people who don't like orange, such as my wife. I like orange OK, but not quite that much of it!
A matter of taste but point taken. There should have been a whole host of Crystal Gtk2 themes there to please any palate. Did you not see or try those?[/quote]

In the "GTK+ 2.0 Change Theme" box, the only themes I see (other than the one I've already commented on) are:

Citrus-cut: too much like staring at the sun!

Gradient-grey: not ugly, but a bit monotonous.

Clearlooks and variants thereof: not bad at all, but they look almost exactly like the best of the Ttk themes--I thought GTK+ 2.0 was supposed to look better than Tk/Ttk! :lol: Please don't get rid of them, though; once Ttk is working, I'll be able to make things pretty uniform-looking for those who want them to be, simply by adding a color scheme like, say, "Clearlooks-Quicksilver" to my existing selection of Tk/Ttk color schemes, and making it the default for my "WISH" apps. (Speaking of which, are you still accepting proposed additions to 4.2 Unleashed?)

Default and Raleigh: both ugly and monotonous; these look almost exactly like the worst of the Ttk themes with no color enhancement.

On the bright side, I configured sound with no problem. On the dim side, I clicked the "Multimedia --> sGmixer audio mixer" menu item and nothing happened. Trying to run sgmixer from the command line, I got this error message:

# sgmixer &

** (process:11775): WARNING **: Can't open /dev/mixer !!! Quiting ...

[1] 11775
[1]   Exit 1                  sgmixer
#
Maybe I won't try printing yet--if you couldn't get it to work, I probably won't be able to either. Now to PM rarsa--onward and upward! Persevere!

David McClamrock
Last edited by pa_mcclamrock on Tue 03 Feb 2009, 23:08, edited 2 times in total.
It's stupid to use inferior software for ideological reasons.
--Linus Torvalds

aragon

#34 Post by aragon »

zigbert wrote: GtKam crashes when I'm trying to download from camera. This happens also in Puppy 4.12. I have to return to 3.01 to get my photos???????
zigbert,

please look at this post: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=37453

there are
- the latest gtkam
- the latest gphoto2 (cli-tool)
- gphotofs (fuse-driver for libgphoto2)

please test with this apps, if they work for you. if i remember right, we have always had this issues with gtkam. for me, it has always worked, for others always crashed. HairyWill reported, that in his case gtkam does not work but gphoto2 does. gphotofs works for me, it simply mounts my camera.

cheers
aragon

ttuuxxx

#35 Post by ttuuxxx »

Ok the latest 'HomeBank' is on the first page now, 46 icons I had to change from svg to png, and then I had to rename 46 icons, then I had to make 46 system links, But the end result was
svg=1588kb
png=180kb
The whole package 183kb pet :) 9kb smaller than the older one in repo
ttuuxxx
Last edited by ttuuxxx on Tue 03 Feb 2009, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.