GIMP 2.6 for Puppy 4.2 Unleashed: Is it ready? Will it be?

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
Emporata

Couldn't get gimp-photo to install.

#16 Post by Emporata »

technosaurus wrote:This one -->http://www.openplatformeducation.org/gi ... 3-i486.pet

is one that I put together using some tested packages of Gimp (not gimp-photo) but with some frequently requested plugins and all of the dependencies - It is already in the installer menu on the web desktop

looks promising though & I will add it to the web desktop as well since it seems to be testing out ok.
I went to the desktop and downloaded Gimp-Photo but I couldn't get it installed. I think the problem might be its size but I am not really sure. It just started the install but seemed unable to complete it.

This isn't a huge deal for me because I don't do any photo editing and already have GIMP on my unbuntu computer. Still, it would have been nice to get a photoshop-like application on this computer as the person who uses it likes photoshop quite a bit and it won't run correctly through Wine.

I guess I will just have to keep an eye on GIMP for puppy, looking for updates and maybe try again another time.

postfs1

#17 Post by postfs1 »

To reedit up to date.