100pk of red-coloured HP DVD-R x8

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
Ted Dog

Not recommending HP DVD

#1 Post by Ted Dog »

I got a 100pk of red coloured HP DVD-R x8 from Office (depot or max) that are the only ones that can NOT multi-session. Buy with care. I blamed v1.06 for a week before I found out all OSes, machines, and burner combos I've tried will not multi-session on this brand. v1.06 worked fine on my Maxwell,Sony, and mostly on Memorex (not the mini-RWs). :shock:

aahhaaa

#2 Post by aahhaaa »

Hiya Ted-

I've used the HP +Rs a lot, without any probs, but not trying multisession on a computer. They always do 'multisession' in my standalone DVD recorder just fine.

Media bugs are hard to track, especially as so many labels come out of just a few factories. (Maybe we could create a 'bug form' for media, because usually the info given in complaints is incomplete.) HP has a 5 year warranty on their DVDs, so you can get your money back at least. :D

If you're interested, there's some excellent free (winworld) info, programs and flash manuals for analysing & controlling DVD media at :
http://www.normediasolutions.com/guides/dvd_decrypter/

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Yes, I think there are several free tools for Windows which will tell you the actual manufacturer of a DVD or CD. That information really needs to be included here, if possible. Does anyone know of such tools for Linux?