wiki bugs: false MyPages ownership; slowness

Please post any bugs you have found
kethd

wiki bugs: false MyPages ownership; slowness

#1 Post by kethd »

MyChanges seems correct.
But MyPages lists extra junk -- including at least one page I don't think I ever even vistied, PerlPuplet. I am definitely not the owner of that page!
(Is this the right place for a wiki bug -- and where are where supposed to discuss the wiki?)

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Access Control List

#2 Post by Lobster »

8)
The only (sea) bug is me . . . :oops: In my efforts to spread ownership I have offered or assigned ownership on a mysterious random basis. You will not be harmed by this and by changing the ACL's (Access Control Lists) can put the page back into non ownership.

Originally I "owned" a great number of pages. Now very few.

The ACL is at the base of each page. Barry assumed ownership of most pages when the wiki was transferred to its new location. Barry has concentrated on development and the Puppy help pages and his web site. So owners can do nothing, something or just "own". They can also assign pages to public or other ownership with the ACL's

As a retired ascetic I know that "property is theft" or as Google would have it "Data is power". I hope that I have empowered you with a little insight into my warped thinking and mismanagement of the wiki :oops:

They say power corrupts and I say absolutely. Do not be alarmed by ownership - it is transparent like my invisible dog. You are safe.

8)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

kethd

Thanks

#3 Post by kethd »

Thanks for the explanation -- and for all of your work on all of this...
It would be good if when a page is randomly assigned, some kind of note/comment of explanation could be added, as an aid to the bewildered.
(And as a separate matter, I am having a hard time editing the wiki -- last night it was taking be hours to make changes that should have taken minutes -- I would keep clicking on Store or Preview and nothing would happen.)

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

It is a known wikka bug (slow down in some circumstances) - there are some workarounds but I forget where they are: Was it this?
Extreme slowness for unregistered users

Symptoms
For unregistered visitors the Wikka site is very slow while registered (logged-in) visitors don't have any problem.
http://wikka.jsnx.com/ExtremeSlownessWorkaround

Yes I should notify people but am too lazy
:oops:
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

kethd

Nope, I've always been fully logged in.

#5 Post by kethd »

Nope, I've always been fully logged in.
Wikka seems better this morning than last evening, but still sometimes balky.
Could be a problem on my end (this is why I long to dump Windows) -- so just ignore my slowness if no one else has the problem...