Lexmark X 75 all-in-one

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
jcagle

Lexmark X 75 all-in-one

#1 Post by jcagle »

From what I understand, the Lexmark X 75 printer/scanner/copier does not work in Linux.

I decided to go ahead and post this now that we have a hardware section, just in case anyone is curious.

I'll be searching for news on this from time to time to see if anything ever changes on this.

Also this thread may spark some programmer's interest in creating a driver for it.

rarsa

#2 Post by rarsa »

Actually there is a driver that half works with this printer.

Linux printing has this rather colofull evaluation:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_print ... exmark-X75

Rich

#3 Post by Rich »

The Lexmark site has a download called Linux Developers Kit.
If you know how to, you could make your own driver using this.
>> Puppy 1.0.4 Moz - LiveCD <<

jcagle

#4 Post by jcagle »

Thanks for the info.

I have never written a driver before, so I'll leave that to someone else.

As for the printer driver that half way works, the printer's not so bad in Windows. It's Lexmark, but it's actually decent compared to many of their printers. Hopefully someone will work a little more on this driver and get it working better.

I didn't buy the printer, it's my mother's printer. If it were up to me, I would have gotten something that worked well with Linux.

For now, I'll just use Windows for printing.

Rhino

#5 Post by Rhino »

I feel your pain. I have a Lexmark X6150 All-in-one printer and it is excellent in Windows, but does not support printing in Linux. I bought it before I was into Linux :cry: I suppose it is nice of them to give us the toolkit to write our own Linux drivers, but after reading the instructions, I get lost quite quickly. Oh well...I'll hafta dredge up an old printer somewhere that has Linux support.