Puppy 4.2Beta Seamonkey Bugs & Fixes

trio

#256 Post by trio »

ttuuxxx wrote:
If your using ext3 partition make a 15gig pup_save thats what I use, works great.
ttuuxxx
15 G (with capital), don't have that kind of luxury :lol:

disturbed

#257 Post by disturbed »

ttuuxxx wrote:I still think the final name for it should be '4.2 Barry K' just out of respect for what he's given us, kind of a final send off.
Ummm, what say we keep the final "send off" until after Barry snuggles up under a dirt blanket. I do agree with it as a big THANK YOU from the whole Puppy community though. :)[/quote]

Sorry, but what is this whole thing with Barry. Is the Puppy's creator or something? Is it hate or something? Don't get me wrong, but it sounds like some people here don't like him. Did he do something?[/url][/code]
EEE PC 901 20GB SSD Linux Model with XP installed. Currently running Puppy Linux 4.1.2 from SD Card. Wireless and Resolution works GREAT!

ttuuxxx

#258 Post by ttuuxxx »

disturbed wrote:
ttuuxxx wrote:I still think the final name for it should be '4.2 Barry K' just out of respect for what he's given us, kind of a final send off.
Ummm, what say we keep the final "send off" until after Barry snuggles up under a dirt blanket. I do agree with it as a big THANK YOU from the whole Puppy community though. :)
Sorry, but what is this whole thing with Barry. Is the Puppy's creator or something? Is it hate or something? Don't get me wrong, but it sounds like some people here don't like him. Did he do something?[/url][/code][/quote]

Naaa Barry was the genius behind puppy, he ran it for 5yrs, made it from scratch, tons of scripts, fixes, programs, were made from him, he made all the releases and compiled most of the repo, He has been the #1 top Dog for over 5yrs, but as 4.12 he has retired from puppy, giving the helm over to the people, he still in control, but he is no longer actively developing puppy, 4.2A1 was the first time in puppy's history to made by someone else other than Barry, That is why I think it should be '4.2 Barry K'. Just to acknowledge his accomplishment towards the community.
ttuuxxx
http://audio.online-convert.com/ <-- excellent site
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/A-codecs/ <-- Codec Test Files
http://html5games.com/ <-- excellent HTML5 games :)

Billwho?
Trialing 4.20

#259 Post by Billwho? »

And I agree with ttuuxxx. It was just that ttuuxxx's phrasing had an unfortunate meaning when combined with my strange sense of humour. :oops:

Sometimes I think I may need Lobster's medication as much as he does. :D (An inside joke as Lobster is always telling us just how twisted he is. Some times I think he is saner than the rest of us put together.)
Linux = Learning through doing :shock: :? :D
The learning curve may be steep but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
You just have to pass the occasional oncoming train to get there.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#260 Post by Lobster »

Sometimes I think I may need Lobster's medication as much as he does.

I am beginning to suspect that the imaginary psychiatrist I keep in my cupboard to keep me on the edge of sanity, may be providing a placebo effect.
I may sack her.
However these are hard times, or so I am told by the ruling loons but then I don't believe in their take on 'reality'. Maybe I should keep her on for the time being . . .
There is however some value in her recommended medication called 'Attitude' and it comes under the 'Right' brand. Works wonders :D
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

mcewanw

#261 Post by mcewanw »

pa_mcclamrock wrote:I hope, I'll be able to get rid of Osmo 0.2.0 (650 KB) in favor of WISH HoneyDo (undoubtedly under 100 KB .PET), the personal organizer I'm developing because I didn't find Osmo 0.2.0 very satisfactory.
Sounds interesting. Are you still working on HoneyDo?
github mcewanw